September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: September Updates

ALF, we're going to DC next week! Driving though, oy.

It's true, I probably will fly to Ohio on my unbirthday...I just really wanted to be home, but then again that plan also originally included NYE and who knows if I'll even be able to stay up to Midnight now. :-)

thanks for the tip on Travelocity...that's one site I always forget to check.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I'm going in to see my dr. today to see if she can find the heartbeat (11wks).  I am excited and scared at the same time.  I'm so nervous she won't find it! I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's just hard!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

ajuly...if they can't hear a heartbeat, ask if they have an ultrasound machine at the office and if you can have a look.  I didn't get a heartbeat at my 11 week, and since I'd had a prior miscarriage, it really made me nervous, so the midwife brought in the ultrasound.  It's a low-resolution one, but it allowed me to see the heartbeat, even though we couldn't hear it yet.  Very reassuring and exciting!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good luck ajuly!!  It's so exciting to hear and/or see the baby.

It's not that I'm opposed to traveling before my birthday.  It's a matter of vacation days.  I have 2 left for the rest of the year, so I have to decide if I want to do a 4 day weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday in advance or save them for around the holidays.  Oh well - there are worse problems to have!

I'm starting to feel really overwhelmed with signing up for classes, researching daycare, ordering furniture, cleaning the baby's room, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, good luck! 100% ask for an ultrasound if they don't find it. If you have a tilted uterus (I do), there's a chance they will have trouble. I hope you do get to hear it or see it, either way! It is exciting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Good luck Ajuly!

Fram I found all that to be overwhelming too.  When shopping for furniture what I did was go and just look the first time with no intention to purchase at all, just checking it out. I took a camera with me and took pictures of things I liked. Remember you do still have a lot of time so prioritize and do just one thing at a time rather than think of all of it at once!

Alf - that is so funny because we are going from Boston to DC (Regan as well) for Christmas leaving the day before xmas eve and coming back Mon. We got the same airplane deal as you on US Air!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Fram - I agree with LLLE - figure out what you need to do now, and don't worry about the things that can wait.  Furniture and daycare are probably your priorities, because they usually need to be done ahead of time.  Classes can always wait a little while (unless you know exactly what you want, then it just takes a few minutes to sign up).  Baby's room can also wait a while. I'm due in 2 weeks and the baby's room is still not quite done, but since I know he or she will be in a bassinet in our room for at least a little while, I feel like I don't have to completely finish it now.

But it can be very hard not to get overwhelmed, and it really all depends on each individual's personality!  Just try not to let it all make you crazy.

ajuly - wishing you luck and a loud heartbeat today!  I will echo the others - if they can't find it, see if you can have an ultrasound to locate it.  Like Silver I have a tipped uterus and they couldnt' find the heartbeat with the doppler until the baby got a bit bigger, but I was able to see it on the ultrasound.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks Ladies! My midwife said last time that if they don't find it today that they'd send me for a u/s, I'd have to go to Mt. Auburn.

Any ideas for warm places for a babymoon? In Dec?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

It's always warm in Aruba...and that's relatively easy to get to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Good luck to all those in the final few weeks.  It's so exciting.  Even though you're probably uncomfortable and can't wait to have baby out, try to enjoy this time by yourself and with DH because your world is about to be turned upside down in the most crazy and wonderful way.

Good luck Ajuly!  I hope they find a good, loud heartbeat quickly and easily.

I had my NT scan yesterday.  I was very nervous, but it went great.  The measurement was low and both the Dr. and the technician said everything looks great.  We still have to wait for the blood test results, but no one seemed to be particularly concerned about those causing concern.  The baby was moving around like crazy and kept stretching, putting it's hands in front of it's face and turning it's head.  Apparently, he or she is a bit camera shy (like his/her parents and big sister).  We were thrilled and are now going to spread our news.  We told DD last night that she's going to be a big sister.  Her response (she's 2.5): "great, I wanna have a treat now"  Apparently, she's not impressed.  She did come over later on and kiss my belly, so I guess she kind of understood.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

am - great news about the NT scan.  and love your DD's response - so cute!

IPW - what exactly did they do for your cervical check? I'm wondering if my doctor does something different, because it doesnt' hurt, or if it just hurts more the farther along you are!  Cool and weird indeed that she could feel the head!  Sorry about the YI, but glad she figured it out and gave you something.  Hate those things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

am, that is great news! we have ours next week...of course I'm nervous. I really sort of wanted to opt out of it, but I'm selfishly wanting another ultrasound. I can't imagine we are at high risk, but I guess you never do know.

Love the response from your daughter! I'm sure she will love being a big sister - as long as she gets treats. :-)

IPW, I hope you get your birthday wish!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm on the edge of my seat, IPW :o)

Couple of random things I meant to mention...

Spotting - My OB said it would not have been caused by stress; there is no evidence that stress would cause bleeding/spotting.  I still feel like you never know, but that was reassuring because we are beginning our busy season at work and I am going to be stressed over the coming months!!

Salicylic Acid - Someone had brought this up a while back.  The nurse mentioned that asprin is salicylic acid so that reminded me to ask if it was ok to use skin products with SA in them.  The OB said it's fine to use SA topically.
    Disclaimer: I only asked about OTC stuff like OxyPads, but it could be different for prescriptions w/ higher percentages of SA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Hi everyone -- I have nothing useful to say, but I wanted to pop in and say GOOD LUCK and still thinking of you to all the people who are due soon and who were so supportive for me!  I love this forum!
    This is my first time back on this site since I wrote to say that our little girl arrived.  Today is the first night my husband has been away since she was born, and one of the first nights that she decided to go to bed at 7:30 and actually stay there!  So I'm actually at a bit of a loss for what to do.
    Sending lots of good thoughts your way...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Sorry Ladies, but I need to vent!  I had a bad day yesterday where my car broke down several times, I have just been exhausted overall, and DD only slept for 1 hour all day.  I am just feeling so tired still and overwhelmed by it.  I was almost in tears (not like me at all) on the way to food shop last night thinking how am I going to manage this with 2. 

I know that I would have more energy if I exercised more but I start work early (I get up about 5) and then I don't get home until 5, feed DD, play a bit and then its dark.  I had been walking at lunch but the weather this week is not allowing for it.

We also have decided to move to a house that needs to be totally updated, its a bigger house than we have now and its a great deal, but the thought of the energy that we are putting into it is even more exhausting!

Also, next week I start back FT at work after a year of working 4 days a week -- I'm sorry, I'm just exhausted!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

KT- sorry you are having such a tough time. Seems like when it rains it pours.  Exercise is a great stress reducer, even if it's a 10 min walk at lunch, which is hard in the pouring rain!   Are you taking yoga at all (not sure when you'd have time for it!)   With the house, take your time and fix what is only essential to living there. Ugly decor and cabinets can wait!

I heard the hb yesterday! So surreal...it's starting to settle in a bit now, but sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm pg!   U/S next week so that will really help it settle in! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

KT--We moved when I was almost 7 months pregnant and it was tough, but now it's totally worth it!  You'll do great with 2 I'm sure, it's just hard right now to think about it, but just take it one day at a time!  I survived by running through my pregnancy and now I'm really ready to go!!!

Anyway, still here.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Oh and IPW and everyone else, I think that it totally depends on your comfort level with the checks.  I had my first check today too and it felt absolutely fine.  The MW said though that she won't do a check on someone who hasn't had any contractions yet b/c it usually is uncomfortable.  Anyway we're 2cm here so who knows.  IPW, where are you delivering???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

IPW-maybe those pinches are a good sign!! Maybe you'll go sooner than later!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I think feeling like you were hit by a bus is a good think IPW!  Changes in the barometric pressure can also help along with them checking you.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

IPW maybe tomorrow will be your day after all!

KT - vent away!! You wil do great, as others have said. The weather will brighten up soon (I hope) and I hope that helps you get a few short walks in at least.

ajuly, congrats on hearing the heartbeat!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT - you will do great on the new schedule!  Transitions are so rough until they feel routine.  I'm sorry about such a bummer day yesterday. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Thanks ladies!  My sister called after I posted and she told me a hysterical story which brightened my mood.  I also think I may not be eating enough or not enough of the right foods which could be why I am feeling drained.  I have a dr's appt on Monday so I will bring it up then.  I also decided that at some point in the next month I am going to take a day off for myself (and try not to feel guilty for DD still going to daycare...)!

July - You must have been thrilled to hear the HB!  Its really amazing isn't it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

IPW--Good luck!  And you're totally not a failure for not working tomorrow.  I'm leaving work in a few so I can get some shopping done and so I can sit on my butt and read my kindle.  

KT--that day off will feel awesome!  I do that on occasion and while I feel slightly guilty for leaving DD at daycare, it just makes you a better person.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

KT - wow, you have a LOT on your plate!  I don't blame you for needing to vent!  I'm glad you are feeling better now.

Ajuly - congrats on hearing the heartbeat!  It's always so exciting and reassuring.

IPW and Lost - hoping good things for you both this weekend!  Congrats, IPW, on reaching your last day of work!  I think you are a great success for working up until pretty much right before you are due!  I agree that perhaps the worse you're feeling, the closer you are to labor (at least, that's a trend my friends tell me about!)

AFM, had my 38 week appt and although everything is looking good and baby seems to be "engaged" (e.g., dropped), I have my own new drama that I wrote about in another thread...