September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: September Updates

Sooooo I may have a business trip at 26+ weeks.  Even though it's before 28 weeks, I called the doctor's office to ask what the concern is anyway.
    I said to the nurse, I know the doctor said it's OK to travel up until 28 weeks and this trip would be at 26, but I'm wondering what the concern is in general.  She said (and I quote), "The doctor said what??  We usually tell people 36 weeks."  She said the main concern is circulation (which is what I thought) and also knowing where the hospital is wherever you're traveling, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Oh Fra, that is good to know!! Maybe I'll go away in Feb instead of Xmas!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Just a thought regarding travelling...be sure to check with your insurance company if you are planning to travel in your 3rd trimester. One of my good friends was unable to come to our college reunion (in VT) when she was about 34 weeks because her insurance would not cover her birth if she delivered at a different hospital. She didn't feel comfortable taking the chance that something would happen and then not have insurance cover it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks for the tip, Kiwi. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Thinking of you both Lost and IPW. IPW, I'm thinking those twinges and your crap-0-la feeling is an early sign of labor. I'll be driving the streets of Ipswich looking for blue ballons this week!

I wish you both the best.

Fram, maybe it's just me, but at 26 weeks I'd not want to go on a business trip (not for any other reason than I don't 100% love my job). If you don't want to go, I'd say get a note from your doctor. My midwives and doctors were great with notes to work (They recommended I stay close to home both when I had severe morning sickness and again when I developed pre-eclampsia at the end). If you want to go, follow the 36 week rule (as long as insurance doesn't have an opinion about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi ML - always nice to hear from you!

I'm actually looking forward to the trip, but will call my insurance first thing in the morning before booking the flight.  My boss would definitely understand if I said it wasn't a good idea.

Sections
Shortcuts