September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Re: September Updates

Silver - I doubt you have gained too much weight!  Before you really pop you just feel fat - I do think exercise is great for the recovery process though!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

ajuly - I know that at least where I had my 2nd trimester sequential screening (u/s and bloodwork) it was only covered by insurance if the mom was over 35 (which I am).  Otherwise it was... maybe $200?  I can't remember...

Jan2010 - congrats on your boy!!!  How exciting! 

KT - great that you got to hear the heartbeat!  Always fun and reassuring.

Silver - so funny that you say that about watching yourself do yoga in the mirror - I had the exact same experience and feeling of depression at the beginning!  The good news is, if you're like me, you'll feel MUCH better when you really start obviously popping, because then instead of just feeling like you look fat, you'll enjoy seeing your pregnant body in the mirror.

I am now officially on a weekly OB appt schedule which apparently comes with everyone in the office saying, "Wow, you're almost there!" and "Any time now!" which I think caused my blood pressure to elevate a bit. :)

GC and anyone else with a due date this week... how are you doing???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

no really, I have gained at least 8lbs!! I *may* have weighed more than I thought at the start, but even so...I'm now 8lbs heavier than I at least thought I was only a short time ago...but I digress. I know there is little point to stressing about weight gain, but I am going to try and take back a little control over the next few weeks so that things don't get out of hand!

And, my office smells like PEZ today, and now I want some.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

ajuly, so glad your appointment went well!  My NP also couldn't find the heartbeat when I was 10 weeks, so nothing to stress over.  You'll hear it soon enough, and it's so amazing when you do.

Jan, congrats on your baby boy!  We'll be finding out on Tuesday...I'm actually feeling a lot of anxiety about it.  Since there are obvious gender preferences amongst my DH and some other family members, it feels like a lot of pressure.

Silver, good for you joining the gym!  Now that my m/s is gone I've been going 5 days a week again, and I feel so much better being active.  I admit though, it is sometimes hard to look at yourself in the mirror and realize that the body you worked so hard for is going to be long gone very shortly.  :(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thanks guys, we are definitely excited.. for some reason it feels more real and last night we started throwing out boy names to each other.  so fun!  I think the NT test was like $170 if i remember right.  I'd have to look at the bills again to be sure.  Good luck Poppy.. due to this week.. WOW!  I have a friend having her baby on Monday (c section) and a cousin due on the 27th.. Babies everywhere.  Neither know what they are having either so it will be a fun surprise!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Sorry - no - I'm not due this week!  I'm 36 weeks along.  I just wondered how the 39+ weekers were doing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Hmm do I want to spend 200 on a stroller or a u/s??

Silver, I thought you were further along for some reason! Maybe we'll have the babies at the same time!   I, as you, know I have gained weight.  I told the NP my start weight b/f conceiving and said 116, and then hopped on the scale and she starting moving the numbers up over 120, and she looked at me and said, are you sure you don't want me to move your starting weight to 120??  I said, but hey, I weighed myself with no clothes in the morning, and here I am in jeans in the p.m.   At this point, I'd rather gain the weight then be hungry and nauseous!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I wouldn't worry about weight too much - I gained 7lb in the 1st trimester with DD and about 25 overall.  My feeling is that in the first trimester you need to eat things that make you feel good. 

Do people weigh themselves at home?  I don't have a scale so I only go by the dr's.

Btw, I'd die for my starting weight to be 120 - ha!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly if only you were delivering at Melrose/Wakefield - we could even share a room! lol. :-) My u/s dated me about 3 days behind what my LMP dictated so I'm 10 1/2 weeks today.

It's true, while I never got physically sick, I was nauseaus a lot and needed carbs or cheese to curb it...not conducive to maintaining weight. I feel better knowing I'm starting a regular workout routine again, so at the very least I'll be able to tone my arms and my bum. :-)
    I used to weigh myself at home until my scale's battery died - kind of a blessing, really. I just have to stay off the scale at the gym since I go at night when the bloat is in full swing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Just checking in -- due date today and as of my last appt, I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, but no real labor signs yet.  My OB stripped my membranes (ouch) to move things along, I have an induction date scheduled and am crossing my fingers we don't need it.  

Now it's just a waiting game.  Good luck to the rest of you ladies!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Congrats Jan!! I loved finding out what we were having.

Good luck GC...I hope you don't have to get induced!

I have to say I miss the gym and am looking forward to being able to go back in about 5 more weeks. 

Eva - I was told Melrose Wakefield has some good bfing groups and went online and found out they have what is called a baby cafe.  It is free for everyone and they meet Wed nights (I think) and Friday morings from like 9-12.  A lactation consultant is there as well as someone else..forget who.  Check out MW hospitals website.  I think I might go myself.

Wow poppy you are moving along! That is so exciting.  It was kind of surreal getting to those weekly appts!

Sometimes I would check myself on my moms scale because I found it tended to match up with my drs scale.  So if I thought I was going to go in for an appt and have gained a lot I would prepare by checking at my moms. 

Our NT was covered but I may possibly have paid for it depending on the cost.  My SIL in DC had to pay $150 for it.

So many exciting appts happening.  I'm excited for you fram and kt on hearing the hb...that was always such a relief for me!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Wow GC - almost there. I wish you the best.
    Poppy - I am right behind you.  Will be 36 weeks on Monday and u/s next week re: C section or not.

Re: weight.  I am up about 29 lbs total.  Not fun. However, I am quite tall and strongly recommend weighing in regularly at home.  Otherwise I would not have a clue how much I was gaining between appts.  Although I would like to be closer to 25 lbs at this time, I know that weighing in has helped. 

Until 32 weeks I was able to do kick boxing, weights and everything.  As the contractions got so frequent I had to give up the kick boxing.  Even now I probably could do a weight class but I have sort of given up after 34 weeks.  I will tell you it is much harder to do push ups and lunges with the extra weight on board!! :)

Congrats Jan on your boy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Poppy, GC, and lil, congrats as things hedge toward the finish line.
    Jan, congrats on the boy!  Happy planning!  It is so fun.
    Ajuly and KT, congrats on the the first appointments.  KT, its funny, but I'm so happy to see all of them at Atrius again.   I got so attached with DS, and then you only see them for your annual after your post partum visit, so its nice again to be seeing the familiar faces regularly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

GC, good luck!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

TGIF everyone!

I was awake for about two hours last night - DD woke up crying and then I could not fall back to sleep - Very thankful for a planned 1/2 day today!

Funny, I could never have a scale at home, I'd obsess.  I tend to eat the same variety of things everyday so I have an idea of how much I'm gaining.

MM - I know, I love it there, its so funny.  My next appt is with Dr Romagnoli, I'll let you know how she is.  Also, are you opting for a repeat c-section?  I am, Dr Chen seemed like she was sort of trying to talk me out of it the other day.  I laughed and said oh no, not even 1% of me wants a vag!nal birth!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

hahaha...IPW, I totally read that wrong and I was thinking, "ohhhh when do I get to feel high during pregnancy??" lol...

So I just posted for the first time EVER on WTE.com and it was simply to point out to this girl who is raving about her creative t-shirt skills that she had 2 majorly embarrassing spelling and grammatical errors on the shirt she's so proud of. hahaa. I can't help myself. Her t-shirt said:

"Unless your the one who put this baby in or are the one who will take it out, then you are not allowd to touch my belly."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Good luck GC!  Hoping your little one decides it's time to come soon!

IPW - I haven't dropped yet, according to my dr.'s visit yesterday (and according to the fact that I still can't take full breaths).  I *think* that usually must happen before active labor, but I actually don't know for sure!  My sense is that the dropping triggers the effacing/dilating process to start, but, again, I'm not sure.  If GC checks back in she may know (or others here may know).

LIL - good luck with your appt next week, I will keep my fingers crossed that you will have the option of v. birth.  Although I have so many friends who've had c-sections for one reason or another, and they all keep telling me it's not so bad - they all had good experiences and recovered excellently.  So either way, you'll be good!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT - Dr. Chen actually performed my c-section and realized how stuck my son was, so she and Dr. Kotch both made it a huge point after #1 to tell me and document in my record that a VBAC was not happening if there was a #2.  At the time, after going through everything, I was like "Who are these crazy doctors who think they actually have to talk me out of a VBAC for #2?"  When I had my first appt this time, it was with Michelle the midwife, and she didn't read the note from my last delivery, so she actually spent a lot of time discussing the option of VBAC with me until I let her know the situation.  To be honest, if I wasn't told I had to have one, I would still opt for a c-section b/c I would hate to try for a VBAC and end up with another emergency c-section.  At least this way with it being scheduled, me and LO won't necessarily face some of the labor and pushing complications as last time.  Plus, why end up with more things needing to be stitched when i already have an established point of entry/retrieval ;) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I made sure to weigh myself as soon as I found out I was pregnant and now I mostly rely my own weigh ins.  In my eyes weight doesn't count unless it's first thing in the morning, you're naked, and you just peed :o)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

MM - I feel the same way.  Plus I already know what to expect.  Personally I was petrified for a vag birth and a VBAC makes me more nervous.

So I think I am now showing to others - My SIL was over this weekend and pointed out my stomach - I wasn't thrilled.  Also, I'm not 100% but I think I may have felt a little movement last night!

Wondering if GC went over the weekend!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Fram, if I remember correctly, today is your big ultrasound, correct?  I think you said yours is the day before mine.  I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!  So exciting!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Ooooooooooh a very exciting few days we have! can't wait to find out what both of you are having!

can't wait to hear from GC, too!!

KT, exciting that you're starting to show!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Wow, get a little busy for a few days, and you miss tons.  There's no way I could keep up with everything!

KT and Pugs, have fun at your big ultrasounds.  Can't wait to find out what you guys are having (if you are both finding out, that is, I can't remember).  KT, so cool that you are starting to show.  I can't wait until I'm showing instead of just incredibly bloated.  I hear you show sooner the second time around, but so far, that hasn't been true for me.  I feel like I am much smaller than I was at this point when I was pregnant with DD, although I guess that could be due to the fact that I have looser clothes to wear.  I've just been wearing my postpartum pants, so it feels like my clothes aren't tight, when in fact if I put on my regular clothes, they'd probably be very tight.

Had an appointment this morning.  11 weeks 3 days.  We heard the heartbeat on the doppler, nice and strong at 183 BPM.  We could hear all sorts of movements and kicking too, as the baby seemed to hate the doppler and kept kicking and moving away.  It was pretty funny.

GC, hoping your little bean makes his/her grand entrance soon (or already has)!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I loved reading all of the breastfeeding tips...I think the thing I've heard over and over again is that if you can make it through the first month, you'll do fine.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to BF/pump for at least the first 6 months, but like everything with this baby, I'm trying not to set myself up with expectations that I can't meet and will leave me disappointed.  Same with my birth plan, which is to see how long I can go natural, but be willing to ask for meds if I decide I need them.  I've never done this before, so how am I supposed to know what it will feel like or what my pain threshold is, or how my experience will go?

I'm starting to really feel in countdown mode.  I have about 7 weeks to go...we bought our carseat this weekend so baby will be allowed to leave the hospital...and also got our "going home" outfit.  We chose not to find out the sex, and I'm happy with the decision, but it's very frustrating to try to buy anything, since most of the clothes out there are very gender specific!!

I can't believe how soon it will be before I get to meet this little person.  It's very surreal...and right now, we have this very personal relationship...I'm the only one who really gets to feel or know this person so far, and to him or her, I'm literally the entire world.  I'm looking forward to meeting him or her, but I'm also a little reluctant to share with the rest of the world! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

am, that's awesome!! I am right there with you, cannot wait to have something to show for this fat feeling! Congrats on the strong heartbeat, too - makes me excited since I'll be getting my doppler Thursday and I'll be 11w3d then, too. :-)

luv, I can't believe how close you are getting!