September Updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Re: September Updates

Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is the best!  And it's still the highlight of every visit.  I love to find out how fast it's going, and it gives me a better sense of how he or she is positioned in there. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

I was very grateful to my OB because she came in and said, "OK let's listen for the heartbeat right away because I know it will calm you down".  Glad she understands me Smile She then plopped the doppler down, found what sounded like a pretty fast heartbeat to me, and said, "that's not the baby", moved it a tiny bit, found a VERY fast heartbeat and said "that's the baby".  Apparently, I have a strong and fast heartbeat.  Mine was 105 (partially due to nerves, probably).  But of course, as soon as I heard the baby's, it was obvious.  So cool, the novelty never wears off -- Silver, you're going to LOVE it! 

Luv, I can't believe you only have 7 weeks to go.  Enjoy the last few weeks, they are a combination of fun and surreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Nope, still pregnant.  I'm about 2cm dilated and just waiting on the Bean at this point.  

Hearing the HB is awesome.  I get a kick out of it at every appt, chilly goo or no.  

Ditto the BF tips -- I appreciate them very much!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Am that is great!  I had a m/c prior to having DD and I was nervous my whole pregnancy, the Dr's and nurses were great in being re-assuring and sweet!  It really makes a huge difference.

Luv - I think thats a great outlook.  A couple of my friends had put a lot of pressure on themselves with their birth plan and nursing and things did not go as they planned - They were devastate.  My philosophy is do what's best for all whether it be a c-section, supplement, or bottle feed.

I determined that I don't think I am feeling the baby, I think the feeling is too high for it to be baby. 

Regarding showing, I just feel like its too early, I'm 14 weeks.  I have a small stomach but now I am feeling self conscious about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I feel like every Monday when I come back to work it's like I grew much bigger over the weekend and more and more people know that I'm pregnant.  In fact, at this point I think the last few that see me around every day now know as of today..  they told me I was a good hider of it and were shocked to hear I was 21 weeks..  I guess that's good.  I was feeling bad cuz i had friends that told me they got to 6 months in no maternity clothes.  by 16 weeks for me I was in them although somewhat in between. 

no word from fram yet?  so curious to hear what she is having!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Jan, I hear you...every week my work pants get tighter.  I just started wearing the belly band with my jeans this weekend.  I also caved and bought some dress pants with a stretchy waist for work.  Not quite maternity clothes yet, but my regular clothes officially don't fit anymore.

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow, and people from work still have no idea that I'm pregnant!  I've been able to hide it easily with some empire waist tops and prints.  However, my boobs are MUCH larger, and people have definitely picked up on that.  My co-workers that do know are convinced that people will think I had implants before they start thinking I'm pregnant.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

yay on hearing the heartbeat am!  I get to do that next week too! Can't wait! Glad it went well!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Pugs, I wish people at my work were less nosy and I could hide this longer. Ugh, we've told a few people (we work together) and one person I told said that people have been asking - random people, too. That I do NOT like. I am probably just not going to "announce" it out of spite.

Good luck tomorrow!

anxious to hear from Fram!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from angelosi. Show angelosi's posts

Don't know if any of you are attending, Bostons Baby Brunch this Sunday 9/26 at Finale in Brookline. But it looks fun and they have a a lot of awesome vendors. If you're interetsed you can register and get details by clicking on the link below.
    http://babybrunch.eventbrite.com/ http://babybrunch.eventbrite.com/">http://babybrunch.eventbrite.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It's a girl!!!  Sorry I didn't post sooner - took the day off.  I am completely in shock.  I had a feeling it was a boy... plus DH has 4 brothers... plus we have 4 nephews.  I always pictured us having 2 boys, but of course I'm excited!  I just need to re-imagine our entire future lol.  It was really fun telling our families - especially our moms.

Luv - Isn't it weird how little neutral clothing there is out there??  People are always complaining about having to buy neutral stuff, but I tried to get one as a joke and couldn't find anything.  There was a yellow outfit (that was clearly for girls) and a green one (that was clearly for boys).  I wanted to hand it to people and have them be like, "It's a.... uh what is it?"  :o)

Silver - I forgot to mention this before!  Part of why I told so many people at work at 14 weeks was because I didn't want the office gossips spreading my good news.  I would rather come out and tell people myself at 14 weeks than wait for people I am not even friends with to tell people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs - Can't wait to find out what you're having!! 
    I was sooo tired this morning because I had to get up 2 hours earlier than usual for the appointment and couldn't sleep all night.  I thought we'd get great pictures at this ultrasound, but I guess it's still a little early.  You can't quite make out the face clearly - or at least you can't tell who it looks like.  (Can you ever really tell before birth?)
    Anyway, the tech gave us 4 photos - 2 were as blurry as all of the others we have gotten and 2 were 3D, but at the time I couldn't make out a face.  She said she thought it was a girl, but we'd have the 2nd tech give us a second opinion.  So she left the room... and I proceeded to start crying!!  My poor husband.  I basically warned him and said I think I'm going to cry for a minute because I am just so tired and disappointed by these photos and the fact that we may not be able to tell.
    The 2nd tech came in to double check all the measurements.  She gave us like 8 more photos, including 3 more 3D.  She also explained that at this point the baby won't quite look cute, which made me feel better - oddly enough!  She zoomed in and pointed out that it definitely looked like female genetalia.  I felt much better after seeing her!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Awww yay, Fram!! Congrats!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Fram, congrats on a little girl!!!  That's great news!!!! 
    If it makes you feel better, I bawled hysterically (and soooo embarassingly) when they couldn't read the gender on my u/s with DS.  I was so embarassed (especially given that the u/s showed a healthy baby, what is most important) that I called the office back and left and apology message for the tech. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from half-full. Show half-full's posts

Hi Everyone,

It is so great to see so many from the TTC boards over here.  Fram - congrats on the little girl!  So exciting!  And thanks for all the BF advice.  

I've been lurking for a while - after I emerged from the coma that was my first trimester.  I'm twenty weeks, everything looks good and we're not finding out the sex of the baby.  So a question for everyone:  does/did anyone's hands start swelling in your second trimester?  Not a huge amount, but my wedding ring is normally pretty loose and today it was kind of tight.  When did you stop wearing any rings?

Also, a quick rant:  My and DH's family are in the DC area.  We said that we didn't want to travel for the holidays this year (I'm due first week of Feb.).  We got a ton of pressure to travel (both siblings have small kids), but managed to say no.  When the subject of a shower came up, they said they didn't want to come up here (again, small kids).  And my shower will be mostly work friends, and the idea of mixing my MIL with my work has me terrified. Nonetheless, my sis arranged for a small shower/tea over Thanksgiving.  What the h***?  Ugh.  Families.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Aww Fram!! Congrats!! Don't you just want to run out and buy a cute outfit now?? You'll have to think of girl names now, I am sure you were all set on the boys! So much fun, so happy for you! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats Fram!  The most emotional u/s for me was finding out the gender. I completely bawled.  Now I am having this fear it was wrong since we have received an absolutely obscene amount of clothing all girly. :)  People are so incredibly generous!   I will ask for a double check this Thursday!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

OMG Fram, congratulations on a baby girl!!!  That's so great!  Smile

My appointment is later this afternoon, and I'm SO anxious and nervous, but I have no idea why!  If they tell me that they can't conclusively give me a gender today, I think I may have a total meltdown.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Fram!!  And, best wishes this afternoon, Pugs!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Congrats on a little girl, Fram.  They are so much fun!  And Pugs, good luck this afternoon.  Can't wait to hear from you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Congrats Fram!!  I totally thought mine was a girl and it was a boy... guess a mother's intuition isn't always right.  my first initial thought was boy though since my husband is one of all boys and we have way more boys in our extended family, but for some reason I was leaning girl!  There is so much cute stuff out there for girls.. yay!  congrats!

Half - we are due the same week.. first week of Feb.  My rings haven't felt tight yet but I think the colder weather is helping that.  I really don't ever want to stop wearing them but most of my friends took them off around the 7 month mark.. saying that as soon as they are tight tight, like really struggling to get off, take them off and keep them off till after the baby..  I feel like buying a fake bigger size ring for that transition period, if it even happens.  I also know people who never had to take them off!  I just don't want to walk around with a naked left finger and 8 months pregnant.. even though it's probably common.

Good luck Pugs!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Congrats Fram!  That's so exciting!  Pugs, good luck this afternoon-- looking forward to hearing your announcement as well! :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! 

We'll have to see if my mother's intuition is correct -- I've been thinking boy since day one.  DH also thinks it's a boy.  However I'm not sure if it's intuition or if we're just preparing ourselves in case it's not a girl.  DH wants a girl SO bad...we shall see!

If anything, I'm happy that after today I no longer have to listen to people's preferences for or opinions about the sex of my fetus.  Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Good luck, Pugs!!

Man, you all are making me want to go against everything I've ever wanted and find out ours! haha...

I'm getting super nervous/anxious for my appointment on Thursday. I know that I've had 2 ultrasounds and I know that the baby was PERFECT in both. So I know that there is a very high probability that everything is still fine. Why am I so nervous??

I just want you all to tell me everything is fine. LOL. I'm having irrational fears all of a sudden.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats, Fram - so excited to hear about your little girl!  Like IPW, I really haven't gotten any *great* ultrasound pics.  When the little beans are moving around in there, I think it's hard for them to get good, non-blurry shots.

Half-full - congrats and welcome!  I've been lucky in that I haven't had too much swelling, and at 37 weeks (tomorrow) I am still wearing my rings during the day - but I take them off at night, knowing that any day now things could change and I won't be able to get them on/off!  I am like Jan2010 - I hate when I forget to put them back on and have to walk around, very obviously pregnant, not wearing rings!  When I forget and my DH and I go out, he'll joke, "Taking my pregnant mistress out for dinner!"  (since he's got his ring on and I don't).  Sorry about your family/travel woes... the Thanksgiving shower your sister's planning - is that meant to be in DC, even though you already said you wouldn't be there?  Are they going to have the shower without you, LOL??

Good luck today, Pugs!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Silver, I don't think you ever stop being nervous about things having to do with your little bean whether they are an "inside baby" or and "outside baby".  Chances are very good that everything is still fine and you'll hear baby's heart beating strong tomorrow!

RE: Rings, I never took mine off.  They never got all that tight as my fingers didn't seem to swell all that much.  Don't know whether that was because DD was born in early April and it was cold during my third trimester.  However, my feet swelled something awful.   I only had one pair of shoes that I could wear.  They didn't get bigger or even wider (much to my chagrin as I have tiny feet and had hoped they'd grow a size), but rather fatter height wise.  Everything was so tight over my arches.  It was awful.

Sections
Shortcuts