Spotting in First Trimester?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: Spotting in First Trimester?

It is SO normal. And totally unsettling! If your doctor is not concerned, try not to worry. I know easier said than done but many, many women on this board have similar stories.

Spotting can be caused by any number of things, most of which do not affect the baby in a negative way at all. I hope you can feel a little better. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

SilverFestiva,

Thank you SO much!  Just reading your first sentence really boosted my spirits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kac320. Show kac320's posts

Hi- I had spotting with both my very healthy little ones :-) My spotting was actually very heavy at times and they could never find a reason. I  took progesterone suppositories (yuck) for about 14 weeks with each of my pregnancy's. My levels were always "ok" according to the Dr. but they felt that a little extra progesterone wasnt a bad thing. It did for the most part stop the spotting. Maybe ask the Dr. to check your levels?  
    Good luck... it really is so nerve wracking to see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If it happens in 1 in 4 healthy pregnancies I consider that "common," although, I bet 100% of them felt scared out of their wits about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

I had some occasional spotting right around that point, and even a tiny bit of it completely freaked me out. I'm 16 weeks now and have had zero complications so far :-). I second everyone saying that you should listen to your doc -- they know when it's something to worry about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

I spotted from week 7-8 (light brown, for what it's worth...) and all was a-ok...!  It's very common :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Just wanted to let you know that I spotted - well bled really, from week 11 to week 20 of my twin pregnancy.  Doctor said not to worry, but of course I did every day. Part of it was a partialy detached placenta of one of my twins.
    In the end all was just fine.  I got to 37 weeks and had two happy healthy  babies. Each over 6 lbs.
    Try not to worry - and good luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I bet the percentage is even higher than 25% for those carrying twins, do you know, misslily?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I have no idea - but it may be a higher % than for singletons.
    In any case - it happened to most of my friends - i'm surprised that the number is onlly 25%!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

I spotted from about week 5 to about week 8.  And all is still well at 35 weeks now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My SIL's "spotting" was so heavy with her twins that she insists that she "got her period every month" during her pregnancy.  Her twins just went off to college this year.