Spotting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Re: Spotting

Hey Ladies,  I will be 8 weeks on Saturday and occasionally I am spotting.  Nothing major, all light brown color.  I went to the ER last week because of it, saw the baby, heartbeat and measured up for being six weeks, my hcg levels were good, but the spotting has happened again.  Would you worry about this?  I called my doctor who I am seeing Thursday.
    Posted by June08bride

I actually had quite a bit of bleeding in my first trimester and into my second trimester.  Apparently, some bleeding is considered "normal" as long as you aren't soaking more than a pad an hour(!).  I would definitely have your doctor check it out, though.  I was very worried for the first several weeks that it went on--continuous light bleeding, sometimes pantyliners weren't enough--and then I just started to get annoyed by it.  It was like having a light period for two months straight.  At times it was bright red, not brown, and still, I was told, "don't worry, it's normal."  At any rate, doctors couldn't find the source of it on ultrasound though they suspected there was a leaky blood vessel in one of the placentas (I'm having twins).  They did tell me that it was a good thing they couldn't find the source/reason b/c if they could, the reason wouldn't be good.  So...eventually, it slowed down and then just stopped and that was it.

I know it's very very nervewracking to have any sort of spotting or bleeding, but if the docs are telling you it's fine, it probably is.  Definitely see your doctor about it, and definitely report any changes, but try not to worry too much.  I'm now 32 weeks, and though I've had other issues throughout the pregnancy, there haven't been any ill-effects due to the bleeding.  Hang in there!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

I second Daisy's comments - if your doctor knows and you have an appointment Thursday don't let it bother you. I bought the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy, and this was an issue that they addressed specifically for the first trimester as something to call your doctor about so your doctor knows but an occurence that happens to a lot of women.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I had lots of spotting and bleeding too.  I was told that as long as it's brown and not birght red it's "old blood" and no big deal.  I also had a frightening episode with bright red blood soaking a pad that turned out to be an abruption of one of the placentas (I'm having twins too).  That was at week twelve and I spotted every day for 8 weeks after that.  I'm 24 weeks now and both babies are fine. What I'm trying to say is it's not always bad news, so don't panic. :)

You're fairly early on in the pregnancy so if you're bleeding bright red and/or cramping you should see someone right away, but I'm pretty sure if it's brown and you're not in pain, you're ok.
    Keep us posted. Good luck - I'm sure your doctor will be able to reassure you on Thursday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Spotting

Hey Ladies,  I will be 8 weeks on Saturday and occasionally I am spotting.  Nothing major, all light brown color.  I went to the ER last week because of it, saw the baby, heartbeat and measured up for being six weeks, my hcg levels were good, but the spotting has happened again.  Would you worry about this?  I called my doctor who I am seeing Thursday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

ruling out an eptopic pregnancy is key... that would be the main reason for concern for bleeding in the early weeks of the first trimester. The first weeks before my first appointment went by SO SLOW, but after that things have really sped up and it seems like these weeks are just flying by now. Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Thanks Ladies!  I do feel better hearing it from other people that things will most likely be ok.  I was sent to the ER last week because they were concerned because I didnt know my blood type and eptomic (sp?) pregnancy.  I am very excited for my first appointment, this baby is wanted badly!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from septembergirl. Show septembergirl's posts

I also had spotting (all shades from brown, pink, and red) from about week 6-8 and it was really nerve wracking.  If you had the ultrasound and they said that it looked fine, then I would try to put the worries out of your mind (easier said then done, I know).  
    I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

Hi-

Have you had your progesterone level checked?   I believe that anything less than 15 is considered too low for your first trimster.

I was on progesterone supporitories for my first 12 weeks because of low progesterone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niami. Show niami's posts

Always call your doctor.

I had spotting from brown to bright (and frightening) red at 8 weeks, 9 weeks, 13 weeks and 15 weeks. Luckily it was nothing to worry about each time and I had an ultrasound done.

Sections
Shortcuts