Swollen/Sore Fingers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clynn5683. Show clynn5683's posts

Swollen/Sore Fingers

I am 35 weeks and in the last week or so have been waking up with stiff/sore fingers.  Within minutes of waking, if I curl my fingers a few times the stiffness goes away and generally by early morning the pain subsides.  Last night I woke up, my fingers and wrists were hurting, I had stiff fingers and painful joints, within minutes of waking and a few finger curls the stiffness was gone but the pain has yet to subside.  The pain is in my finger joints, hand and wrist.  Does anybody have any experience with this?  (BTW, my blood pressure is great so I know it isn't a blood pressure issue). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Swollen/Sore Fingers

What about your feet?  Sounds like general water retention to me if your feet are also affected.  Try cutting back on salt and increase your water intake.  Bananas and potatoes will also help as they contain potassium and counteract the effects of any salt you've ingested.

No matter what it is, being super hydrated will help your joints.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

call your doctor.  it was always one of the first questions she would ask me when I had an appointment...are you feeling ok, are you swollen?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I had the sore finger thing, just my fingers and my feet were fine. It was mild carpal tunnel which is common late in pregnancy. My doctor wasn't worried, but it's always worth mentioning at your appointment. Like most other pregnancy aches and pains, it went away right after delivery. Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

I had the same problem and kiwigal is right it's carpal tunnel syndrome.  My fingers were only sore on occassion but they were always stiff when I woke up in the morning.  They were numb though throughout the day.  All went back to normal 2-3 weeks after delivery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BE2Be. Show BE2Be's posts

I am 34.5 weeks and I have that too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clynn5683. Show clynn5683's posts

My feet are fine, just a little bit of swelling on some days (generally after I've been on them all day).  I am sure it is carpal tunnel, probably from typing and clicking a mouse all day long.  I will mention it at my next OB appointment (later on in the week).  Thank you SO MUCH for your input!!