Tales of the T

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Re: Tales of the T

*Update on my bathroom story (2nd post in thread). 

After the incident, I submitted a "Write to the Top" letter to the T, to thank the male employee who let me use the restroom, and also to complain about the behavior of the female employee.

Today, I received a call from a supervisor asking me to give a little more description of the employees so that they could handle the situation.  They explained that while the bathrooms are "public", they had problems with drug users, etc, so now keep them locked.  But, the employees should open them for patrons when requested - they are NOT for employees only.  They will be giving the male employee a commendation for overriding the woman's initial refusal, and speaking to the female to ensure she understands the bathroom policy and that it doesn't happen again.

Yay!  I just hope the woman doesn't give me the evil eye - I see her at the station most days!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB12. Show KB12's posts

I don't get the big deal - just ask for the seat if you need it. People are self-absorbed and doing other things. I've never seen anyone not give up their seat when asked. Also, I'm embarrassed to say this, but I've made the mistake before of offering my seat to a woman I thought was pregnant, but clearly wasn't (from the stare she gave me). I'd rather just have someone outright come out and ask.

As far as "you have to ask for something to get it" - that's not just for women, that's for both genders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

jennifyr, good for you for doing a "write to the top" and good for them for addressing it.  Yay!  I am remembering now that I used that "write to the top" function a few years ago for something on the green line and they were super helpful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Tales of the T:
    [QUOTE]Also, I'm embarrassed to say this, but I've made the mistake before of offering my seat to a woman I thought was pregnant, but clearly wasn't (from the stare she gave me).
    Posted by KB12[/QUOTE]

That was me and I'm still mad at you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I know you have all said that if you really need a seat you should just ask, and I would if I were really in need.  Most of the time a seat would be nice, but I can still stand on the T without much disfomfort, so I don't feel like I NEED a seat. Though, as I am getting farther along (37 weeks), standing is getting to be more difficult, especially at the end of the day when my ankles are triple their normal size. 

Today, a young man who was also standing on the green line asked me if I wanted a seat.  He didn't have a seat to give, but said he would ask someone to move for me.  I told him that I would just wait to see if a seat opened up at the next stop, but he asked someone to get up for me anyway.  They did without issue.  Even though I didn't necessarily need it, it was a nice gesture, and I appreciate both the man who gave me his seat, and the young man who was attentive enough to ensure that I got one.  Today was a good T day.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from noitpec. Show noitpec's posts

I had an indicent the other day at the MGH/Charles station.  I held the station door for someone behind me and she just breezed through the door, left me holding it, and never even said thanks.  Happens once in a blue moon.  Minor complaint in the scheme of life but it feels good to write it down - thanks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Tales of the T:
    [QUOTE]I had an indicent the other day at the MGH/Charles station.  I held the station door for someone behind me and she just breezed through the door, left me holding it, and never even said thanks.  Happens once in a blue moon.  Minor complaint in the scheme of life but it feels good to write it down - thanks!
    Posted by noitpec[/QUOTE]
    I really hate that. I always go Emily Postal on them and loudly thank myself. It's petty but it makes me feel good in my dark little heart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I actually answer "you're welcome" even if they don't say "thank you" just to rub it in that they should have said it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Haha, I do the same thing with the "you're welcome" when someone breezes through a held door, etc. I tend to do a similar thing when driving, too. When I'm trying to get in a lane and someone obviously speeds up to block me, I wave to them as if to say thanks. I love silent sarcasm :-).

Sections
Shortcuts