when did you start to show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

when did you start to show

hi all - when did you start to show/wear maternity clothes?  i know it's diff for everyone, just trying to get a sense of when i need to dust off my maternity garb.  ;)  tia.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: when did you start to show

I think it will change based on whether or not you've been pregnant before. I just had my first and I was using the elastic band trick around week 10 and in maternity pants by week 15. I wasn't a fan of the Bella band because it wouldn't stay in place so I found maternity pants more comfortable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I think you should amend that to when did you start to show with your second pregnancy.  From what I've heard there is a big difference!  :o)

I can't quite remember when I started to show... I do recall that I told everyone at work around 14 weeks and was not really showing at that point.  I wore the bella band until 23 weeks and then went for the maternity pants.  Although once I discovered how comfortable they were, I wished I had made the plunge sooner!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I definitely showed much earlier with #2. I was in maternity gear around 19-20 weeks with #1, but had a definite bump that needed accommodating by 13-14 weeks with #2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LCGCmomma. Show LCGCmomma's posts

I would agree with what has already been posted - showed a lot faster with #2 than with #1. This time around it was very early into the second trimester (like Kiwi - 13-14 weeks) when I found that I needed to have some more support and wasn't comfy in my regular pants. My kids will also only be 22 months apart, so my body wasn't fully back down to pre-preg #1 shape, either, so I'm sure that didn't help with me starting to show again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

thanks!  my first PG was with twins, and it turns out this time around i'm showing much LATER!!!  :)  i'm around 13 weeks now so i'll dig out the maternity stuff this weekend. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

I'll admit to putting maternity jeans on today at almost 12 weeks. I just couldn't deal with the bella band today, which I broke out late last week. I washed my maternity clothes over the weekend, since DS got a wonderful bag of hand-me-downs, which needed a quick wash, too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from memes98. Show memes98's posts

Well, I am 8 weeks with #2 and my pants are already feeling tight....eeek!  I am hoping to make it another month before I have to break out the maternity clothes, but we'll see if I make it that long.  Like Fram, I actually thought my maternity pants were really comfortable, so I am looking forward to making the transition.  But, I am pretty sure I made it a lot longer with #1 before I felt my pants getting tight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

As my dr bluntly told me, second time, most women - like me - will show way faster because they are already all stretched out and loose from first one (I showed at least a month earlier second time and looked bigger at the end unless I was lying down for an exam - everyone told me for weeks that it looked like the baby had dropped and it was just that everything is looser second time aroundNero me). I know I was noticeably showing a baby bump by week 16 when I visited my corporate headquarters - that was when my team found out I was expecting since I work at a remote site (my manager knew already).