? on EWCM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

? on EWCM

Hi All,

I was married May 2008 and posted on the wedding boards under a different screen name.  My DH and I started trying a year ago and I ended up not having AF for 6 months after having 4 cycles that got longer and longer.  I went back on BCP for about 6 months and we are going to start trying again.  Late this morning I saw some EWCM.  I read TCOFYF a year ago and it's packed somewhere.  I know this is most furtile CM so DH and I will definitely BD tonight when I get home, but what is the timeframe for this?  I can't remember.  I had wanted to BD last night, but DH was feeling well.  Should we have started last night or are we still good for the next few days?  Thanks in advance for your input!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

Re:? on EWCM

Hi Twin,

I'm not quite sure of the actual time frame, but if you are still having EWCM, I would think that you are all set for tonight!!   Maybe go buy an ovulator predictor kit at the drugstore, just so you can check the next few days as well? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi twin,  I am no expert (at all!), but there has been talk on the boards lately about how the window is longer than people think so I would think you will be ok BDing tonight!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

So, DH and I were able to BD on Wednesday.  I was able to read the article posted a few weeks back regarding O'ing early.  Last year when we were trying (while I was still getting AF) I was charting temps/CM.  Although I never got solid cross hairs, it was pretty consistent that I would get AF 16 days after the CH's.  With that, if I was to have a 28 day cycle this month, wouldn't CD11 be early to O?  I know each cycle can be different, but I'm usually more of the 30 day cycle.  With the new info regarding O, does that throw out the 14-16 days after O rule?  Also, has anyone found that they have EWCM more than once during a cycle?  Thanks!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

hi twin,
    i have a somewhat similar situation in that i went off the pill and my cycles got longer and longer, starting at 39 days long and now up to 3 months (and seemingly lengthening each time!).  during the long cycles i did feel like i had cm/no cm/ewcm/no cm/etc. variations.  if your cycle is irregular i think it might be hard for you to 'do the math' and figure it out that way - you might just have to do a lot of bd'ing!  ;)  did you ever think about seeing a doctor regarding why your cycles are so long and seeing if there's something you can do to regulate them?  i ask because i know my DH and i bd'd at "the right times" (based on conventional wisdom and charting/temping) this past cycle and i didn't get PG - and that's made me realize that despite my best efforts of mapping it out and planning and bd-ing at the right times, it doesn't mean i'll get PG (sounds obvious but i was surprised, i really thought it was going to be easy - silly old type-A me, duh!), and at the rate i'm going with my cycle i can't wait 3-4-5+ months for another chance (i.e. to ovulate) - so i'm seeing a doctor and am getting ready to take the next step.  not to say you won't get PG this very cycle - i hope you do! - just giving you my story.  good luck and keep us posted!  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If you have EWCM more than once during a cycle, the 2d EWCM is not EWCM; it's the unfertilized egg breaking down.  This happened to me all the time. It's covered in TCOYF.  Good luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

ALF, did that happen about a week after ovulation?  I noticed it this morning, but haven't had a chance to look it up.  I'm pretty sured I O'd last Sunday, spotted almost the whole week, and this morning had EWCM.  It's only my first cycle off the pill, so I'm expecting things to be a little off.

In Response to Re:? on EWCM:
    [QUOTE]If you have EWCM more than once during a cycle, the 2d EWCM is not EWCM; it's the unfertilized egg breaking down.  This happened to me all the time. It's covered in TCOYF.  Good luck!
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Brighton1-  You spotted almost the whole week after O'ing?  Was this really light, pinkish blood?  When is your AF due?  If AF doesn't show, I would test. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Brighton, it happened so often, I can't remember. Generally it happened about a week or so before AF, so I guess, yeah, it would have been a week to 10 days after O. 

I'm w/ Blush.  Test a week after AF is supposed to show up if she doesn't appear.  Good luck. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Blush- it was more brown than pink.

ALF- I should be getting AF in a week, so I guess this makes sense.

I'd be really, really surprised if I'm pg.  We weren't trying this month and it's been almost 2 weeks since I've gotten any action!