Accupuncture - your experience poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Accupuncture - your experience poll

Thanks!  I know I didn't cover every possible outcome, but the ones who got pg with accupuncture within that first year of TTC statistically would have gotten pg, anyway, in my mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: Accupuncture - your experience poll

This cycle was the first that I introduce acupuncture but it did not result in a pg.  I decided to give it try mainly because my flexible spending covers it.  Secondly, I look at acupuncture as a wellness approach (I have issues with IBS too) if it work great, awesome and if not, no harm was done.  I see my acupuncturist at the Women’s Center in Danvers and she is awesome.  She takes the time to ask lot of questions and let me vent.  She was interested in my charts and wanted to know every detail unlike the RE.  I find it so relaxing and when I get back to work nothing brothers me.  So, in option I would at least give it a try.

P.S.  I don't see the pollUndecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I went to acupuncture in hopes of getting my breech baby to flip over.  While it didn't work for that, I found I was so relaxed coming out of each session that I kept doing it until I had the baby, and am considering going back once a month or so.  It is a great way to set aside some time to yourself, and with all of the pins in your body, it forces you to be still and quiet and let some of the stress away.  I loved it and have recommended it to several friends, both TTC and who are pregnant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very interesting, ladies, thanks!

(I think the poll takes awhile to load even after the page seems to be done.  There are 3 votes so it's working for somebody.  BDC is so buggy....grr.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i did acupuncture the month i got PG, but i also took clomid.  maybe the acupuncture is what gave me twins.  i'm going to do acupuncture again when we're ready for baby #3 - i'm really hoping i can skip the clomid next round, but we'll see.  if i have to do clomid again, i probably will skip the acupuncture - i don't want twins again!!!  ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for responding!  GL with #3. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I did acupuncture, started a week or so before my first cycle of Clomid (I got pregnant on the second cycle).  Did the acupuncture help me fall pregnant, I guess we will never really know, but it certainly didn't hurt either.  If nothing else, it was great 'me' time, to lie back and relax and think of nothing for an hour or so.

I am considering starting to go again - anything that might help me with this lower back pain has to be worthwhile!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Another acupuncture/clomid experience, very interesting.  I wonder if most people using acupuncture for fertility are concurrently going the western medicine route?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

kar - i don't think they are necessarily.  though i do know sometimes when you're undergoing IVF they recommend acupuncture too.  but i think my acupuncturist said he had TONS of success stories from just acupuncture - i think i was an anomoly being on clomid.  his office was littered with baby announcements and christmas cards thanking him for his help.  are you considering trying it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

In general, I would recommend it for many ailments. In the past it has helped me with everything from patches of dry skin to mild depression.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

I'm still mostly just satisfying my curiosity vicariously, but this has been helpful, thanks, again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

While I didn't use accupuncture for TTC, I did have a fairly profound accupuncture experience and would recommend trying it for TTC.

In my 40th week I developed neck pain so severe I couldn't move it (I later discovered it was BP related, I had preeclampsia). Doctors couldn't give me anything because of the pregnancy and told me if it still hurt on delivery day, a c-section would be performed because I couldn't move my neck to push, and my blood pressure was too high to endure labor.

I called a recommended accupuncturist and she was willing to see me the same day. We had an incredible session and I was able to move my neck and my blood pressure dropped a bit by the end of the session.

The next day, I went into labor and was able to naturally delivery DD. I attribute this entirely to the accupuncture session, and I know I owe my awesome (quick) delivery to Rose at Glow in Amesbury.

It had a profound effect on me, and I suspect it would have a profound effect on others. My mom did it several years ago and it ended her long-term issues with eczema.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ml, what a story!  Thanks for posting, and I'm so happy you had the vaginal delivery you wanted.  Eczema is stubborn, too...wow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wow that is an exciting thought.  DH has terrible exzema on his legs and hands.  Maybe I can convince him to try accupuncture.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I have only been in treatment for over a month it has kept my IBS & Psoriasis stable.  I would toally recommend for anyone who is looking for more natural way to treat a medical issue.

For those of you in the south shore area Fallgrl was looking for a recommendation in a earlier post (01/31/2011).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I've never known anything to work on eczema for anyone I've ever known who suffers with it.  Pretty exciting to have something clear it up for good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It's crazy isn't it, Kar?  I've been meaning to look up whether or not it's hereditary; I hope my little girl won't get it too!  Over to WebMD I go!  DH uses steroid ointment... which says not to use it for more than a few weeks... but his doctor has been prescribing it for like 5 years!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fallgrl. Show Fallgrl's posts

Hi Girls,

For those of you who had success one way or the other with acupuncture would you mind recommending where you have gone?  

Thank you=)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Dr. Grant Hou at Shanghai Acupuncture.
    Brookline, MA 02446
    (Near Coolidge Corner)
    Tel. (617) 975-3813

He is an absolute sweetheart and I can't recommend him highly enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from InfiniteDreams. Show InfiniteDreams's posts

I'm usually a lurker, but figured that I'd hop on and share my acupuncture experience.

After two miscarriages (one at 6 weeks and one at 11 weeks) I went to acupuncture on the advice of a friend. We had been trying again for 6 months before I went in for treatment. I was pregnant the very next cycle. I'm now 36 weeks along and I still see my acupuncturist weekly.

For the first trimester she focused on preventing miscarriage, as well as points for managing my nausea and other early pregnancy symptoms. The second trimester she focused more on points for relaxation and managing my reflux. And the third trimester has been about my blood pressure (it started creeping up a bit but seems to have leveled off), reflux, and managing pain.

I can't say for sure that acupuncture alone is what helped me get pregnant and prevent another miscarriage, but it sure didn't hurt. If nothing else, it gives me an hour to myself to hang out and relax (and fall asleep). And my acupuncturist has been great with helping me manage my pregnancy symptoms. Anything that can take away my third trimester back, hip, and groin pain is awesome in my book.

For anyone who's interested, I see Justine at Acupuncture Together, which is a community acupuncture center in Cambridge. Payment is on a sliding scale and they often have deals and specials, which helps to make treatment affordable.

Sections
Shortcuts