Acupuncture

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Acupuncture

Has anyone tried acupuncture (or any other complimentary medicine) to assist in this (ever so tiresome!) TTC journey.  I am thinking of trying it, alongside Clomid/IUI.

I'd welcome any thoughts/shared experiences/advice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Re: Acupuncture

Prill, YES!  I started acupuncture in January/February to help control my thyroid and support TTC.  The winter was a dark time for me-- I was just depressed, so upset that my body wasn't cooperating and just felt helpless.  Perhaps it was that acupuncture made me feel like I was doing something, not just being a passive subject in the TTC process, but it really made me feel better.  I cannot say enough about it!  It's expensive-- I would say that's the major drawback.  (However, if you have a flexible spending account, you can pay for your sessions from there, which provides a tax advantage.)  But it pulled me through the most difficult time in my life for sure, and successfully supported TTC (I am ~9 weeks along).  I am continuing acupuncture at least through 14 weeks to help prevent miscarriage.  In addition, I haven't had so many first trimester symptoms, and I am sure that is likely attributable to acupuncture as well.  My acupuncturist is just awesome.  I highly, highly recommend it!  Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

hi prill - i did acupuncture when i was on clomid.  started it by chance right around my second cycle of clomid which was the one in which i got PG.  did it through the first tri based on the acu's recommendation.  i def. think it helped and recommend it.  my acu's office was FILLED with christmas cards and birth announcements thanking him for helping people TTC - so i think there must be something to it!!  (of course, be careful of the double whammy, twins with clomid and acu - that's what the nurses at the infertility group at BWH told me they thought did it!).  i went to acuheal acupuncture which is at whittier place in boston (random location)... acu is a little annoying due to the time commitment (i think i was going 2x a week?  can't remember) and cost but it really might work for you - i'd say do it if you can!  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from InfiniteDreams. Show InfiniteDreams's posts

If you're near the Cambridge area (or willing to travel to Cambridge), I highly recommend Justine at Acupuncture Together (http://www.acupuncturetogether.com). It's community acupuncture and you can pay on a sliding scale (so visits can be as low as $20).

I started going when I was TTC and was pg the following month. I'm now almost 10 weeks along and still going every week to prevent miscarriage and manage my 1st trimester symptoms. I've been very happy with it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

This is all sounding very positive.  I have called a clinic, had a long conversation with the Doctor and am going in for my first appointment tomorrow morning.  He said it is a great time to start, before I start my Clomid/IUI over the next few weeks. 

I am going to Shanghai Acupuncture in Brookline.  It is expensive, but seems to get great reviews; I have had acupuncture in the past for other concerns, and if these sessions relax me half as much as the former ones did, then it will be well worth the investment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KateOA. Show KateOA's posts

I see a great acupuncturist in Waltham, Brendan Carney at Central Path. I am pregnant and see him for prenatal acupuncture but I know he does work to help with fertility as well.  http://www.centralpathacupuncture.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Kate - how much does Brendan charge for a session?