April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

April TTC

redacted

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Re: April TTC

Just wanted to say nice to hear from you flaxen.  I have a good feeling about this round for you!  I think you have every reason to be optimistic. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I also wanted to say it's nice hearing from you flaxen.  Glad I'm not the only one on the TTC bandwagon this month!  AF should be coming next weekend - or not coming! - so I think my fingers are going to be mighty cramped from crossing them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

After all my stress last month there was no consistency to my charting but we kept up with the BDing regardless of temps and I should have seen AF on the 28th.  No sign of AF, and BFN on the test.  In trying to make any sense out of my chart I figure I could be anywhere from 5-10 days off my previous chart.  Add in the nausea, bad taste in my mouth, gas (at both ends) slight retention of water and dry mouth, I either have a bug or I am testing too early.  I for one am hoping that I am testing too early and am going to try to hold off and test in the middle of next week. 

A positive test would make an awesome anniversary present I think, I am so praying for this to be a pg and not a bug.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Crossing my fingers for you Scorpio!  That would be a lovely anniversary present.  AF is due right around DH's bday, so a BFP would be a great gift!  To be honest, I don't have a good feeling, but I'm not complaining.  It hasn't been long... yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Wishing lots of good spring vibes to everyone TTC this month...

FWIW, Fram, every month I was TTC I had all kinds of pregnancy symptoms and all kinds of BFNs... then the month I had NO symptoms at all I got the BFP.  This is NOT AT ALL to dismiss those who DO have symptoms, it's just to present the other side of it - it's possible to have no symptoms and no "feelings" then get the BFP!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Hey ladies,

well, I had my D&C last Monday and my follow-up appt today looked good so I'm just waiting to get back into a cycle so I can offically start TTC. This has been a really long few weeks, as long as my mind is occupied I'm A-OK. And now that I  know I can officially start looking forward to getting my period  (never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be saying that...), I'm feeling a little more positive.

I will  probably be officiallly qualified for the May or June TTC boards, but I'm going to be lurking anyway. ;-)

Poppy/LIL, glad to see things are going great for you guys.

Fram: I'm officially a wakefield resident, so let me know if you want to go walking. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

redacted

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Dream - glad to hear from you!  I am definitely up for a walk soon.  DH and I walked around the lake for the first time last weekend.  It was longer than I expected, but that's ok!  Any idea how long it is around?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I think it is something like 3.25 - that's a guess. I know the lake itself is about 3.1, so the walkway is a little wider. I know, it is kind of shocking how long it really is! I originally thought it was comparable to Fresh Pond in Cambridge - which is 2.25 - but its a whole mile more!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I am 1 dpo, again.  Fingers crossed for cycle #6!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck to everyone cycling! 
    Dream - so, so good to see you.  I am glad that you are back!
    Flax - keep us posted for sure!  By the way, I love your picture.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from half-full. Show half-full's posts

So AF showed up yesterday - 10 days after the IUI.  Because it was so soon after the IUI, I thought for a few hours that it was implantation bleeding and got really excited.  And then it was clearly not implantation bleeding but AF.  Boo.  Has anyone else had a really short cycle on injectibles?

I've been told by my RE not to run more than 20 min. three times a week.  Yeah, not listening to that today.  I'm going to go for a nice long run, followed by a glass of wine and sushi tonight.  Hope everyone is doing well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Scorpio, if your BBT charting is all over the place and hard to make sense of it could be months before it becomes useful in establishing when you usually ovulate.  I'd highly recommend the cheapo strips from Amazon.  I think I paid $10 for a big pile of 'em.  They give you month to month ovulation prediction instead of BBTing which gives you a pattern you can only use after it's established from clear results for a few months since at best it tells you when you already ovulated and at worst tells you not one discernable thing.  (The strips I'm talking about are NOT the expensive POAS type; they are little thin strips you have to dip.)

I know the strips work, because even though my cycles are of variable length, AF arrives EXACTLY 14 days after the strips indicate I ovulated.  So, each month I have proof.  Apparently all the variation in my cycle length is pre-LH surge.  I think I read someone here saying that's what their OB told them, too.

I know we're BDing on the right days, and I don't have to fuss with taking and charting BBT only to wonder if I'm figuring it out correctly.  I actually have the 14 day confirmation that we got it right.  Even if not everything else was going for us.  I guess my recommendation would be much more persuasive if I could end it with, "...and now we're pg," but hopefully soon.  Timing is all we have control of, and I feel confident this method is causing that to be correct.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Scorpio if your BBT is all over the place it may mean you ovulate more than 1x per cycle.  This is what Wag determined was the case w/ me and seeing as when I got pg in December and had twins who were about 2 weeks apart in age, I think she's right. 

After my m/c, we are trying the all out bd blitz.  Do it every other day for the full cycle.  You should be sure to hit the jackpot that way [or at least your chances are better]. I tried the TCOYF method of pinpointing your fertile days w/ temp and mucous for about 1.5 years and got nada.  After my thermometer broke right after we moved, and then we had vacation time and  got a little frisky, lo and behold, I got pg.  Don't over think it. Just go shagging wild.  If it doesn't work right away, at least you'll have fun trying.  :-)  We are about mid cycle right now.   I'll let you know if the bd blitz works.  lol. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Thanks for the info Kar at this point this is only our second cycle and while I am doing the BBT it is more for me than anything.  We are kind of approaching it like ALF.

ALF if I did double ovulate and the big if....if we are pg and if it is twins that would suit me just fine :)  My SIL had twins three years ago now, time does fly and while quite the handful with our support system I think we would be able to work through it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

OK so here's a really dumb question - b/c I am all about the BD blitz, like you are ALF - when do you start the BD if you're going through the whole cycle? The day after AF ends? 

I'm supposed to wait 2 cycles before we start. Doc said it wouldn't be terrible if we get pg before 2 cycles go by, but that my body probably won't allow it. I am thinking it might just be worth trying...

But then again, I don't know if there is real scientific reasoning behind waiting, and I definitely don't want to do anything wrong that could possibly put us through this again - I know I really have no control there, but if waiting 2 cycles means that I have a better chance of a successful pregnancy, I guess I can wait. Does anyone know the reasoning behind the 2 cycle rule?

I haven't stopped taking my prenatals, I figure that is probably the only thing I CAN do that MIGHT at least get things started on the right foot the next time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Half-full - just to answer your question.  I would typically get AF 10-11 days after IUI.  Did you use progesterone supp?  I found that the suppositories did not increase my luteal phase but the injections did.  The injections are NO FUN!  They are intramuscular and I could not do them myself as they are in the bu**ocks.  However, the injections increased my luteal phase to about 14 days.  Just a few thoughts to discuss with your RE.  Good luck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

p.s. thanks LIL :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I don't know of any good reason to wait 2 cycles. My dr said I could go at it when I got home from the dr the day after my mc if that's what I wanted to do.  He said drs used to typically recommend waiting 2-3 cycles so your body can adjust but that studies have shown that there is no higher risk of another mc if you wait or if you just go for it.  If you've had a D&C there may be some medical reason. I didn't have one.  I just waited till I got the results of my blood test after the mc that my hormone levels were continuing to go down and that I didn't need a D&C before we went at it again, so to speak.  lol. 

As your dr why you need to wait so long. If it's just the 'recommended' time to wait and he can't give you a medical reason specifically pertinent to YOU, then go for it.  We didn't time it specifically the day after AF and we aren't religious about every other day.  Sometimes its every day, other times it's every 2 days.  I'm pretty fertile right now based on mucous and we are trying to be a little more regular. Which means I just make eyes at my DH and we go for it. We don't discuss 'okay, fertile now, time to get a move on'.  We tried that initially and it not only killed the mood, but it was way too stressful.  Just have a ton of sex; don't think too much about making a baby.  It is possible to overthink these things. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd be all for the "go shagging wild" method (go ALF!!!), but I think it helps us to know the crucial days so we can relax and not think about it, otherwise.  A month of constant BD pressure would be too much for us, but if that will work for you guys, by all means, enjoy the shagadelicness of TTC to the fullest. Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Scorpio, I've been thinking, if ALF is right about your ovulating twice in one month, it might be worth doing the cheap strips every day for a month just for one whole cycle to see if you get two clear LH surges.  That might help you figure out your BBT chart.  I'm not trying to get you to switch methods; it's just that two obvious LH surges would illuminate what the heck is going on in next month's BBT chart, I'd think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Dream:  Most docs recommend waiting at least a cycle or two after a D&C to allow the uterus to fully heal.  There is a fair amount of "scraping" of the uterine lining during a D&C so implantation in those first 1 or 2 cycles may be iffy. For a natural miscarriage it is less important to wait for a cycle due to medical reasons, but may help in dating the pregnancy better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Thanks, newbie. That makes sense - we'll probably wait to be safe. It is definitely not worth risking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from half-full. Show half-full's posts

Kar and Alf - DH and I tried the all out bd blitz in December (more time off of work and more time for play).  It was lots of fun, but pretty exhausting.

LIL - thanks for the good wishes!  I'll definately bring up the progesterone shots with my RE (although I can't believe I'm advocating for more and sounds like painful shots).  Unfortunately, I went in for my baseline u/s and there were two cysts on my right ovary, so this cycle is cancelled.  Its disappointing but I'm trying to view it as a month off to not think and not worry.  I'm not sure I even want to use OPK this month.  We'll see.  Maybe the month of not obsessing would do me well.