April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: April TTC

Half-full, it is pretty tiring.  But at least we have smiles on our faces. lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Sorry to hear about your canceled cycle Half.  Yes, they are painful but I just did 11 1/2 weeks of them so I guess it is worth it.  My bruised, lumpy bu*tt has already healed!!  Who knows if the progesterone shot made a difference but it definitely lengthened my luteal phase more so than the suppositories.  Ultimately, it was probably just the 21 year old donor eggs that did it for me!  It is so hard not to obsess! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Well my plan was to retest this morning but I had a midnight visitor that made testing moot. Uggg, I think it might be wise for me to continue having fun with the DH and lay off the boards for a bit.  I don't know if I actually will or not but at the least maybe a few days.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, Scorpio. :(

I totally take breaks from the board, especially right after AF arrives.  I'm depressed from the hormones let alone from having been SURE "this time" every time, and I just don't feel like chatting about it.  I've spent $$$ on pg tests, and I'm especially adicted to the new First Response ones that amplify the result so you can test 6 days before, and 100% of pg women got a positive result 4 days before they expected AF.  It's so easy to blow through 3 of those since they are sooooo sensitive you "know" it will be positive "this time."  Sigh.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sorry to hear that Scorpio :o( 
    Even before we were officially trying, I had to take a break from the boards because I was driving myself crazy.  The great thing about the boards is that you can take a break!  Unlike if you tell someone and then they keep asking you about it.  (Which is why VERY few people know we are trying... like maybe 2.)

AF is supposed to come this weekend... no symptoms yet, but sometimes I don't notice anything until the day before-ish, so this means nothing!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

are you all temping?  sorry i sound like a broken record, but that was the BEST way for me to know what was going on - and because i knew i got AF exactly 14 days after my temp rise, i was able to avoid the temptation to test before then.  just a tip if the 2ww is driving you batty!  and i agree on laying off the boards - sometimes you need to.  good luck everyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm using the cheap strips from Amazon for ovulation testing - I also get AF exactly 14 days after it predicts I ovulate.  I love having that 2 day BD window (no stress on non-BD days) and knowing exactly when to expect AF.  I totally agree, knowing rocks, however you do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Stefani--just curious...I know you were on clomid and all that.  Did you get any positives w/the OPK tests the cycle you got pregnant?  Of course, my curiosity stems from the fact that I didn't the cycle I got pregnant (and I was on clomid), and if you didn't either, then it makes me wonder if something about the clomid throws the OPKs off.  I know they work for most people most of the time, and I know I got "positives" on them the cycles I DIDN'T get pregnant, so it's weird that the cycle I ovulated twice, I got nothing.  It would be a weird coincidence if the same thing happened to someone else.

Glad to hear the u/s went well and everything looks good!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

yup, you're right daisy - NO spike on the OPK the month i conceived.  can you even believe that?  (well, yes i know you can, of course!)  but the first month i was on clomid i did get a spike.  did you ever get a spike?  so irritating!  thanks re: the u/s - yup, everthing looks good and thank god they didn't split into 4.  ;)  now i just wish i knew the s&xes and that everything was ok testing-wise - not sure when that all happens or when to tell everyone.  i might end up telling people i am PG but save the twins news until after the amnio/whatever it is they do.  also (sorry to hijack the TTC board for this) - when did you get super bloated and stop fitting into your clothes?  it's awful!  i need to find some maternity stores stat.  plus, i'm not a love-the-beauty-of-nature-and-being-pregnant-person - my stomach is making me want to hurl!  ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Stefani--that's just so weird.  I got temp. spikes all three cycles, but I only got positive OPKs the two cycles I didn't get pregnant.  The one that I ovulated twice, I saw the temp spike, but thought I was imagining it b/c the OPK kept coming back negative (and I did them every day--sometimes 2ce/day--from 2 or 3 days after the last clomid pill until, day 24 or 25 of the cycle, so it would have been hard to miss!).  I did an HPT on day 27--figuring there was no chance it would be positive, and it showed positive before I could even set it down.  I wonder if there's something about clomid and OPKs?  My RE certainly didn't mention anything--he's the one that suggested I use them in addition to temping, as a back-up confirmation.  So much for that! :)

I know when I found out it was two, I was just so relieved it wasn't 3 or 4!  THAT I can't imagine.  We told our parents after the first ultrasound and our mothers proceeded to tell the rest of the world!  I got a call from my mother the next morning..."you don't mind if I tell people, do you?"  AFTER I got a couple of "congratulations" emails from some cousins, lol.  We didn't mind, and we knew that would happen once they knew, and that actually made it easier for us, so we just went with it even though we were only about 7 weeks.

The bloating in the first trimester was BAD.  I could go from my pants being loose enough to stick my hand in the waistband, plus some, to needing to unbutton them within a matter of minutes.  I spent several evenings just curled up in bed crying b/c my stomach hurt so bad.  It DOES go away, though, after a few weeks.  Drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber.  Get some colace (talk to your doc first of course) and metamucil or equivalent and take them religiously.

I went from looking fat to looking pregnant around 18 weeks.  I started wearing maternity pants around 13 or 14 weeks, but never had any issues with tops before I popped.

All I can tell you is that pregnancy is going to make your stomach (and possibly some other areas) grow for the next several months, and with twins, even more so.  So if there's anything you can do to embrace it, you'll be better off for it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I have a feeling AF is coming any day now.  Have felt the vaguest of symptoms and I figure it's better to be pessimistic and hopefully less disappointed.  It's DH's birthday, so I feel like I have to pretend this isn't the ONLY thing on my mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Best wishes, Fram! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck Fram,
    It is funny because I really believe that not being optimistic with every cycle was the only thing that kept me sane over the years of TTC.   People who tell you just to think positively don't get it. I would not be down or negative throughout the cycle but I never saw the point of getting my hopes up either.  I hear you Fram! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks kar and lil, I know that many people know better than I how frustrating this is!  I feel so disappointed today... but who knows - maybe my instincts are wrong!
    It's so frustrating because I used to get period symptoms for up to a week in advance.  I'd feel really weepy, etc.  The past few months, it just kind of sneaks up on me and I don't feel weepy until the day before or day of.  Yeah that's really going to make this whole process fun!!  All week, I thought maybe AF wasn't coming.  Thanks for listening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, the stay positive people...They don't understand that "staying positive" for 3 weeks only to have high hopes dashed every 4th week for a year and a half (or however long) isn't fun or an overall positive experience. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Good luck Fram and the waiting is hard. 

I am feeling much better and we are back on the BD train as of Sunday.  LaughingOddly enough I learned that my nieces actually pray for my DH and each night (this is a recent developement) and their phrasing is that they hope that DH and I have a happy and healthy baby when we are ready.  So from their prayers to God's ears.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you're gonna "waste money" make sure to get the new First Response test.  It says "Test 6 days before" - it has an agent in it that boosts the response of any HCG in your urine, and it's the only one that does.  It makes it MUCH more sensitive, and it's the same price as the others.  (The others say that about 67% of pg women get a positive result 4 days before, but this one says 100% of pg women get a positive result 4 days before so it's no advertising joke.)

GL!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's so sweet Scorpio!

The good(?) thing about this is that it will probably make DH take it more seriously.  I think he just assumed it would happen right away, but now he will realize he has to listen to me when I say we HAVE to BD every other day and we HAVE to BD on the peak days when I say so.  This is how things usually go with us... he just can't handle that I am an expert on everything LOL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Hey ladies,  just checking in. Fram, I'm anxious to hear what happens. :-)

So, a fun new twist in my life is that I get to go to Aruba in May for super cheap with a girlfriend. I think this works out beautifully because I will be all rested and happy to come home to officially start TTC. :-)

That is, presuming AF gets back on track by then - stiill nothing, but doc did say it could take 4-6 weeks (or longer, eek).

This is just so much needed after everything that's happened, and with our house being a construction zone (who knew you couldn't update a kitchen in just one week...). Bah. I can't wait to go somewhere tropical, although I do wish DH could go too.

Hope everyone is doing great in all areas. :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Aunt Flo officially showed up tonight... while I was shopping.  Thank you sooooo much AF for waiting until I was at the GAP!! 
    I'm feeling much better than I would have expected, but I do feel like mother nature was messing with my head this week.  I would have expected AF to arrive by today at the absolute latest and usually it arrives before noon time... so each time I hit the restroom and it hadn't come, I thought maybe I should go buy a test.  It's OK though - another month of copious BDing!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Your not alone she paid me a vist this morning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

So sorry Fram and Tomarra - AF is a nasty b#itch.

Flax - any news?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sorry to hear that tomarra.  If you're anything like me, you enjoyed a nice big caffeinated beverage this morning.  No more half caf for the next week or so!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

I have been perpetually relegated to full strength coffee but only 6 ounces per day, it actually has been pretty good for me overall and I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.  Occasionally I will have decaf but then I make it flavored decaf like chocolate raspberry. 

The best thing since I like to focus on the positive rather than the negative of not being pg, is that I have absolutely no qualms about taking any antihistamines, thank goodness I was miserable before.  And it seems for me that things are getting better allergy wise so it won't be so bad when I stop taking them just incase.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I'm not a big drinker nor coffee person but I did have a drink Tuesday night with a co-worker.  It been an awful two weeks for me having major car/ family issues.

As far as allergies I have been having a hard time and trying my best to keep it under control.  I have also been taking allery shots for three years and was told if I get pg they would lower the dose.

Sections
Shortcuts