April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: April TTC

I think that February is an awesome time to have a birthday because everyone is bored and restless and looking for a reason to have fun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Fram - Just had to pipe in with not all of us February birthday girls are maniacs!  I swear!!  Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hahaha thanks for all the positive winter baby energy!  Originally I wanted to maximize the only "breaks" I will ever have from working and have babies between April-June, but now I really don't care as long as I get to have a precious baby!!

I'm an aquarius myself so I thought hey it wouldn't be so bad to have a kid with some of my good qualities :o)  I came up with a list of pros and cons and the only cons for Dec/Jan/Feb were that they weren't what we had planned and it would be cold.  The pros were numerous; For example, I'd be out on leave during the worst time of year for colds so I wouldn't bring germs home to a baby.  Not a bad deal!

Anyway, who knows if we will be lucky enough for a February baby.  I will keep my fingers crossed!  (And not my legs... sorry, I'm fresh!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Lemon bad birthdays run in the family....two nieces both have Dec 4th (not twins and are actually exactly a year apart and yes they are in the same nuclear family) which is worse than my mid November but not nearly as bad as my nephew, his is Dec 28th!  Everyone has the let down of Christmas and are gearing up for New Years that I think he gets lost in the shuffel but I could be projecting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

What's up with those December babies? Is the superbowl 9 months before or something?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Funny you mention Superbowl being nine months before - I have 4 friends all born 9 months and 1 day after Valentines!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Sorry to pipe in with this on the TTC board, but it seems relevant.  I'm pregnant and due in mid-December, so I can tell you that there is in fact NOTHING going on 9 months before (no Superbowl, no holiday, etc.).  It's a very boring time of year.  This year, however, there may be a lot of early-mid December babies, because of all the rain we had in March.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

My birthday is December 30 - its not as bad as people think. But my parents always did a good job separating it from the holidays so it was "special." When you get older...its advantageous b/c everyone is in party mode, and also, it doesnt quite matter as much...you know, I'm perfectly happy celebrating my birthday on NYE. Except this year b/c its my golden birthday - 30 on the 30th. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Again, AF arrived exactly 14 days after the strips said I would ovulate (15 days from the LH surge).  They have a 100% success rate for 4 months.  My cycles are anywhere from 26 - 32 days, and I never knew when AF was due, but now with the ovulation predictors I know within hours.  It's pretty cool, actually, even if I'm not pg yet.  That will be the REAL success, but in the meantime at least I know I'm reading them right.

Fram, did you get them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Hi Kar
    I used those strips and liked them (well I'm assuming you have the kind with the two lines, one that gets darker than the first when you ovulate).  I started to notice the second line would get gradually darker over like 2-3 days until it was officially darker than the comparison  line.  We had luck when we started BDing as soon as it started gradually getting darker, through the time when it was darkest. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Kar, Not yet, but I'm planning on it.  I should be ovulating any time from yesterday to Friday so it was a little late to order them, but if we don't have any luck I'll get them for next month, along with a copy of TCOYF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

MM, the ones I use might be different - they say it's positive when the lines are equal, and I never see the test line darker than the control line.  Maybe they differ by brand?  Or by woman?  I'm new to the strips.  Maybe you get more of a surge than I ever do.  Interesting.

Fram, if you get the ones I posted a link to, you'll see the test line be about 1/2 as dark as the control line the day before the surge.  The surge day they'll be 90% equal.  The next day there's a big difference, again.  (I tested the day after I thought I saw the surge just to make sure I was reading it right.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

They were different.  These were what I used and it was a slightly different format.
    http://www.amazon.com/Answer-Daily-Ovulation-Days-Kit/dp/B000RY4ZFA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Feeling very discouraged today!!  I hope you don't mind if I vent a little.  DH has been sick since Sunday so we haven't been able to BD.  Today is 2 weeks since AF arrived so it is definitely the time of the month that we need to be giving it our best.  I feel like this months is basically a wash and we are never going to get pregnant!!  But we'll try when we can I guess.  Always worth a shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

If it makes you feel any better Fra, AF still hasn't arrived for me, POAS Monday night, BFN.  Then, if AF does choose to arrive any time in the next week or so (and then regulates itself to being 30/35 days)  DH will be travelling interstate for the most fertile times for me... for the next two months.

Still, I am enjoying the extra BD opportunities in the last few days!! Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Fram that was my February so I feel for you and know what you mean.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks ladies, I guess life gets in the way sometimes for all of us!

What a hassle, Prill.  I remember that you had gone a long time without AF showing up.  How has it been lately?  Hope the timing works out somehow :o)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Since the middle of last yeat it has gone:
    100+ days
    80+ days ( atarted after taking provera)
    20 days
    And now up to 30

Meanwhile, two sisters in law have both just annouced they're pregnant (one planned, one, well, oops), as has my BFF and two others in my office.
    Over it much??!!

Fra - hope your DH is on the mend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That was our whole first year, Fram.  He didn't get the need to get the timing right, and the scchedule kind of freaked/stressed him out.  That's why I'm so happy with the strips!!  Instead of a week's schedule he has to adhere to, it's one day that covers my now known 24 hour window.  Anyway, we're actually together just as often (TMI?), but without the stress the schedule was causing.

There will be times during your journey that the month will be a wash no matter what.  My DH had a business trip one month at that time, and I had to go to my parents while he finished the work on the inside of the house I'm allergic to.  I suppose we could have timed that better, but c'est la vie.  Try not to stress too much, and remember to not count that month when you figure out how long you've tried.  It's not calendar year, it's how many months you think you were BDing at the right time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

So, a fridge full of meds for our first cycle of IVF, and my cycle just wouldn't start.  I've never been 10 days late before.  Sooo...

BFP this morning (and if I'm honest, again this afternoon because I just couldn't believe it)!  I'm still in denial, because I saw the two blocked tubes up on the screen with my own eyes.  Plus, I don't feel differently at all... just thought I was pms-ing a little. 

I had no intention of getting in the middle of the most recent debate.  However, we didn't pay any special attention last month at all.  We were expecting to start IVF.  I know how hard the last 14 months have been for us, and I know many of you feel the same way.  My first RE said there was a chance that the HSG would open up the tubes.  I guess she was right.  I just can't get over the timing.  I'm stunned.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

That's so awesome CookieM....wishing you the best of luck!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

What fabulous news Cookie!  Congratulations!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats, Cookie!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Good news, Cookie!  Congrats!!!