April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: April TTC

What wonderful news Cookie!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Congrats Cookie! 

I just love seeing good news on here - gives me hope!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Yay Cookie!  That is great news!   There is often an increase in pregnancy rates if HSG shows some blocking because they can pop open.  
    That is terrific and certainly seems like a good thing for future fertility too! 

Congratulations!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Cookie that is great news.  Congrats and best wishes for a full term and easy pregnancy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I have a TMI question... Have any of you read suggestions for what to do after BDing?  What I mean is, is it suggested that you lie down for a while?  How long should you wait before making a trip to the bathroom?
    Thanks ladies, as always!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Headstand! :-)

I don't have any other advice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alto2. Show Alto2's posts

Congrats, Cookie!

Fra, most of the advice I've seen says to lie around for about 15 min after BD. I generally play it safe and chill for about 1/2 hour (if time allows), with a pillow under my butt if I have one handy.

My acupuncturist, though, recently attended a RE/IVF conference and relayed the following bit of info that she learned: The egg produces [hormones/enzymes?] that cause it to act as a homing beacon for the sperm. Sperm will move rapidly through fertile CM to get to a waiting egg (if one is present), sometimes in as little as 5 minutes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fram, I learned on The Doctors that you shouldn't wait too long before getting up to use the restroom or you'll be far more susceptible to a bladder infection.  But, I've been wondering the same thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's the problem, Kar!  I'm used to relieving myself soon after to avoid various infections, but now I am always afraid to go too soon!!  I wasn't sure if I was being silly or if it was worth it to lie down for a bit.  So complicated.  I take it this is not covered in TCOYF?  (FYI totally going to B&N to buy it after work today.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

The urethra and v-agina [seriously, BDC, this is a 'bad word' on a TTC board?] are separate.  I know you know this ;-)  I don't think you need to be super concerned about getting up too soon.  Sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.  I don't think you can really 'wash away' anything necessary by getting up if you need to pee. I'd wait about 15 minutes or so if you can, but I don't think peeing or gravity is going to cause that much of a problem. 

I seem to recall that TCOYF recommended lying around for about 15-20 minutes and using a pillow under your hips.  We are boring old people so we generally bd when we go to bed for the night.  I give it about 10-15 minutes and then get up to pee before I fall asleep. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, it's separate.  However, bacteria can get in the urethra from sex, and peeing washes it away.  As we were reminded in the disgusting "pee in a cup, dump it down the kitchen sink at work" thread, pee is sterile.  So, you definitely want to pee rather soon.  They didn't say HOW soon, though, even after an audience member asked.  Grr.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

ALF, not offended at all, but yes I definitely know they are separate.  I was thinking more that it would be detrimental to be vertical soon after and also to be pushing out the pee.  I would guess that the sperm pretty much goes where it needs to go immediately... but I would hate to unknowingly lower the odds of fertilization!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Got ya, Fra.  I believe it may be best to try to elevate and lie around for a bit, but sometimes you just gotta pee!  Or at least I do. Sometimes I think I have the world's tiniest bladder b/c I always have to pee. :-0

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

I am the downer in my house we start and then I pause and say the uber sexy phrase "honey I have to pee" pause do my business and then resume.  DH is better at timing things so I have just come out of the bathroom before he makes a play :)  On the other hand he knows if I say that magical phrase he is doing something right for me.

I try to lay around for a bit, but I hate just laying there I probably manage 5 maybe 10 minutes.  And I tend to do kegles at that time.  I have noticed (now this is TMI but what is this board for if not TMI? but I digress) that if I do the kegles and lay about for a bit there is less drippage into the toilet when I do get up to go pee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Scorpio, that is interesting.  I guess I don't understand the whole getting up to pee issue b/c [way TMI] b/c I find that the drippage doesn't start till way after I pee.  I'll get up, pee, go to sleep and wake up later in, not a mess, but it's something less than pleasant.  lol.  Sorry, gross, but as you pointed out the whole board is full of TMI. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Yay for TMI!  I'm so glad you ladies can relate.  I don't know what I'd do without you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I was pleasantly surprised to get AF today. :-) Wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks, since I had my levels checked a couple days ago and I was still at 9. One cycle down, one to go!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Best, ams!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Fra - When you get an embryo transfer with IVF they make you fill your bladder for the transfer . It is quite uncomfortable for a few minutes.  There is no way that you can physically not pee afterwards and that is within probably 2-3 minutes of the transfer.  So, although I have had the same thoughts, I would not worry about peeing after s* ex.

I too, get UTIs if I don't right away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusgriswold. Show rusgriswold's posts

Hang in there, you can do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Did we lose a page, or is it my imagination?

Sections
Shortcuts