April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: April TTC

Thanks for the condolences.

Tomarra, sorry that AF is teasing you. I hope your week is better than your weekend.

I don't think my long cycle is due to anything super exciting...just my body figuring out what's supposed to happen post-BC. I'm going to resist the urge to test, especially because my parents are coming to visit in a few days and they like to *help* clean the house. And to find hidden treasures.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your parents SNOOP and call it "help cleaning?"  Man...

You can always bring a dixie cup and test in a Walmart bathroom.  Not that I've ever done that.  Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Aww, WPP, sorry about Moopers.  And sorry to eveyone who is feeling down.  Thank goodness we all have each other to lean on.  Here's to a brighter day for everyone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

tomarra, I'm so sorry to hear that. That must have been terribly hard...so it sounds like it was a very early m/c? I'm glad you've got the green light to go ahead with your next round. It's hard to pick yourself up and feel positive again, though. But on the (slightly) brighter side - it sounds like the clomid did its job??

Kar, I'm sorry about AF showing up over the weekend with a vengeance :(

And WPP, so sorry about Moopers! How old was he? DH and I had a series of pet hamsters while we were dating, and it always broke my heart when they died. Our first one was extra-special, and it took me awhile to get over her death. Saying goodbye to a pet is always hard.

clc, I feel your pain. Here's hoping AF will hurry up and show. Though I know it's quite normal for it to take awhile after bcp. I was one of the very slow starters.

AFM, I'm hanging in there. Have my CD11 follicle check ultrasound today, so I'm hoping those follicles have developed nicely. DH and I are leaving on Friday for a 2-week trip, so if things happen as slowly as they did last cycle, we'll be on our own with opks and bd-ing. Here's hoping I don't wind up o-ing during our 20 hours of flying! I told DH that's the only way he could convince me to join the mile-high club Wink.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Turns out I have a UTI.  Strangely enough, I've noticed that the 2 days before I get the characteristic symptoms (ARRRRGH!), I get depressed and exhausted and don't know why until the other stuff happens.  Then, ah-ha, I figure it out in hindsight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That'd be the best conception story ever - conceived at 40,000 feet!!!!!  GL with your follies, Tang. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Bummer, Kar.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

GL today, Tang.  We need some good news around here, hopefully it'll be your follicles growing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Aww, sorry about the UTI, Kar! Those are so painful and obnoxious.

Tang, Moopers was 5 and the lifespan for guinea pigs is about 5-7 years, so I guess it was his time. Also, I agree with Nov that we need some good news so GL with the follicles!

My parents never snooped in my room was I was a teenager (at least, not that I know of) and I think they're mostly altruistic with their cleaning, but sometimes I'll walk into a room when they're visiting and there are cabinets open everywhere and my mom will be all, "I was looking for a spatula!" Yup, four days is a good visit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, friends - thank goodness for those anesthetic pills that turn your pee neon orange.  They really work, and they're OTC, now!

Oh, that's not as bad as I was thinking, WPP, but still a bit, uh, frustrating.  One time my MIL "helped" by emptying the dishwasher and putting everything on the island because she didn't know where it went.  Annoying enough, BUT, on top of that the dishes had only gone through the RINSE cycle so I had to come in and put everything back in the dishwasher and make some lighthearted comments that would make her feel better.  She's a lovely woman; I love her to death, and I wasn't really upset, but it wasn't helpful, that's all I'm sayin'.  You know!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Oh Kar, what a bummer! Thank goodness for the anesthetic pills. And I guess it's sort of a good thing that you're where you are in your cycle...would stink if it was time for heavy bd-ing!

Thanks for the good luck wishes, ladies. Unfortunately, while there are 3 decent-looking follicles, they're slow growers like last time...I have to go back on Friday for another check. So the odds of a 40,000-foot encounter just went up - yikes! Sadly, I would do anything to make it happen this time around, including braving a filthy airplane bathroom (Embarassed).

WPP, I didn't know guinea pigs lived so long....5 years is a long time to get attached to the little guy! Dwarf hamsters usually live about 2 years, which was how long my favorite little guy lasted. Do you think you'll get another guinea pig?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

WPP, I'm sorry about Mr. Moopers (can't believe a missed earlier).  He was very lucky to have DH and you in his life.

Kar, Sorry about UTI...hope you feel better soon!

Tan, Hopefully next friday the follicles will be ready.  Regardless of how things work out with timing I hope you get to enjoy your vacation and forget all about TTC.

AFM, I doing fine and I'm keeping busy at work.  I'm not sure if I truely had mc or not because the office was very vage.  Plus I really don't want to push for more details.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

WPP, I'm sorry about Moopers.  Kar, I know exactly the country song you are talking about, and it gets me every time.  Actually, as I was driving to help bury my in-laws' dog, that song came on, and I just bawled and drove through the tears.  Though he wasn't my dog, Patrick was the family's dog and I loved him.  I've always been attached to our pets.  It's so difficult. 

AFM, I am just starting week 7.  I started feeling a little nauseous this morning until I had a few crackers, so I guess that's a good sign.  Although after work today, our foster puppy (50 pounds) leaped up and jumped right on my belly with his full weight.  I'm really hoping I have enough cushion to protect the baby bean in there.  Has anyone heard of something like that causing a m/c?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jenn, of course, I'm no OB, but I think it would be an extreme fluke if that jump hurt the baby at 7 wks.  The baby is a centimeter long and buried in your uterus.  

Tang, sorry about the "slow growers."  Hopefully, they mature and get the job done. 

Thanks for the well wishes about my UTI.  Yeah, it's a good thing it's not BD time because I'm not feeling up to it at all. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Tang, yeah guinea pigs have a long lifespan for being such little guys! They're smart too--he knew his name, DH taught him to climb his bars when he wanted a carrot, and when we took him out of his crate we wore hoodies, which he would tug on if he needed to go back into his crate to pee. We won't get another one, though; we have two pug puppies and Moopers lived in our extra room which will hopefully be a baby's room at some point. :)

Tomarra, sorry about the uncertainty about the mc.

Jenn, I agree with Kar that you should be okay with the dog jump. Continuing sticky thoughts!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jenn, I agree with Kar--I don't think there's much of a chance that could hurt anything. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I figured it was irrational, but it really hurt, and I felt a little crampy afterward.  I haven't had any bleeding yet, so I assume all is well.  Thanks everyone for the support, even though I'm technically not TTC anymore.  I guess I will make my way over to the pregnancy boards soon, but still not feeling quite confident enough to make the leap.  I saw that Jacon finally posted over there at 8 weeks.  Hopefully everyone else gets good news at the end of April! 

Kar - good luck with the UTI - not fun.  :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I figure you can't have internal uterine damage from tussling with the pup.

You can stay here as long as you want. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Jennifyr, don't worry, your little bean is very well cushioned in there!  Think about all of the thousands of years that little tiny babies have been developing in uteruses, so it's a pretty safe place :) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Tang... good luck with the follicles this month :o) ... how long is your flight?  overnight?  I'd rather do the BD right before leaving and again when landing to avoid the mile high club... but ttc will make you do the strangest things :o)

WPP... how old are your puppies?  We have a pug-pekingese who is almost 5 and a pug-boston terrier who is 6 months.  I sometimes get depressed knowing that I am going to outlive our little monsters... but then I remember how much joy and fun they bring to our lives, and so the emotional investment seems totally worth it.. but it still sucks knowing that you are going to loose them some day.

Good luck to everyone!!

AFM - Well... pretty sure I'm in the 2ww.  The OPKs had a positive on Tuesday, and my temp went up either yesterday morning or this morning (1/2deg jump each day, so maybe yesterday was a false increase).  I feel like we were lagging on the BDing front.  We went through the motions mon, tues, and wed  ... but DH isn't feeling well so "romantic" would NOT describe our activities.  Knowing that my temp has gone up and that the LH surge was tuesday.. I think I'll let DH off the BDing hook tonight.  He will definitely appreciate that.

I feel like this month I crossed over to the psycho-TTC side ... I've been taking mucinex all week (still didn't notice EWCM.. but nevermind), drinking water like crazy, a friend suggested Donq Quai herbal supplement, doing the morning temping, OPKs, and went to the accupuncturist yesterday.  I was not a big fan of the accupuncture... so I probably will not continue that.  Other than that... I just feel like I'm popping a ton of pills everyday (prenatal, mucinex 3xday, herbal supplement 3xday).  Not the end of the world... but just feels weird.   I am by nature not one to just sit back, and I love having data to confirm what's going on.  I've been doing the OPKs since we started trying, but I only started monitoring BBT last month and the mucinex/supplements this month.  I like feeling pro-active as it makes the months go by faster, but then I start questioning how much is too much (and whether hokey eastern-style medicine really works). 

Well... one way or the other we should know about this month about the time we leave for vacation (may 5th). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I needed to use the restroom on our recent flight to FL, I tried to imagine joining the mile high club and wondered how anyone of average size manages to join, lol.  Sperm live for at least a couple of days so I'd BD beforehand instead, too.

Boston, you sure have pulled out all the stops!  Hope they all work synergistically to get you a baby!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

This cycle is my first using OPKs and temping. According to FF I ov'ed on CD 21. My temps have remained on the high side and my chart is definitely looking biphasic now, so I'm reeeeaaally happy that I seemed to ov (coming off BCPs).

But I had a strange experience with the OPKs (I may have posted this here before, not sure). I'm using wondfo cheapies and I'd been testing 2x per day for almost 2 weeks and I got a glaringly positive OPK late at night on CD 22. It had been negative in the morning on that day and my temp had jumped .3/degree that morning. 

So I'm thinking, why the heck did my OPK turn positive the day AFTER FF says I ov'ed?  I know they're supposed to alert you as to when you're surging, so.... hmmm. Very strange!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you got a clear positive on the OPK, I think it's definitive that it caught a surge.  The reagent on the strips only reacts to LH.  Your temp can be off for any number of reaons.  Breathing through your nose, having been restless and tossing and turning all night, the covers too warm, whatever.  The brief time I bothered temping I got a .3 degree change just about every day. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

glitzy, When I fist started charting my temps. and using OKPs I got what I thought were confusing results.  But by the time I got 5th & 6th chart things started to make more sense.  Even though my cycle were  irregular I could see that my temps. would drop 3 times and when coming up from 3rd temp. drop was when I would usually OV. 

You may just be one of those lucky ones that get PG right way and not have to worry at all.  If you want to be on the safer side I would just again BD 24 to 48 hrs. after your positive surge (regardless of what your temps say). Plus, no one knows your body better then you so listen and follow your gut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

I will second tomarra's comment that it takes a few months to get used to reading all the "signs".  I was totally mystified for the first 2 months.  Then... all of a sudden I knew what a "Dark" OPK line looked like.  Same with temps... I am starting to get a feel for when a temp is artificially high (ie the phone rang at 3:30am and I violently thrashed around trying to find it).  I am now pretty good at identifying if not the day of ovulation then at least the 48 hour window it probably occurred in.  I am also getting better at identifying when we should start BDing (before LH surge or temp drop).  My cycle has been slightly shorter than 28 days (26/27 on average) ... so it seems rediculously soon after AF stops that we need to start BDing activities... but if I O on CD12... then we should realy start at CD8 for best chances.

Good luck!  and hopefully these are skills that no one needs to "perfect"... as we'd all really like to get to the point that there is a bundle of joy on the way and no need for OPKs :o)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Thanks for the insights. I'll just continue to temp and OPK 2x per day and see if I can notice any patterns in the coming months.

Since I had never used OPKs I was a little worried I might not be able to recognize a positive one. But then when I finally got one, it was so dark it was practically purple, and I was like 'oh, so THAT'S a positive!"