April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April TTC

If I didn't do it exactly according to every rule, my temp was totally unpredictable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

1/2 way through the 2ww, and what happened, but I got seriously carsick yesterday.  Could see it coming when a slowpoke pulled out in front of us and the driver did that "push the slow guy" on and off the gas thing for MILES.  I p_ked as soon as we stopped and again when we got home (after another 40 minute drive), and am still somewhat sick today.  Of course, everybody in the car thinks I'm preggo - the neighbor and 2 of her friends.  I get carsick.  But, now, of course, you know what I'm thinking - "Am I sicker than usual?"  "Do my b00bs hurt?"  "Am I tired from the Dramamine or is it something else?"  I'm a basket case...PMSing and carsick.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Well, we can *hope*, Kar!  Sorry about the annoying ride, though, either way.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  I'm actually feeling a lot better, now, so I'm 99.9% sure it was her bad driving. :(  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

No baby this month... AF came yesterday :(  DH has been very supportive so I've been very thankful for that.  For some reason this month's disappointment was easier to handle than it was last month.  I think knowing that DH really turned the corner on being totally supportive of ttc has helped my mindset incredibly. 

Glitzy... last month I noticed a 1deg jump in temp after I ovulated... but this was the first month I've really temped (previously just doing the strips).  There were several days that my temp was all over the place if I had been awake at all during the night (our puppy still has a bad habit of waking me up at night).  And I've totally been in your shoes of having to hide the TCOYF and the first efforts at charting.  My DH was not so sure about the whole baby thing when we were first ttc ... and got very freaked out by anything I was keeping track of or doing in and effort to assess baby-making potential.  After 6 monthes he is much more involved now... just took some time for him to get use to the idea that we were ready to start trying for a baby. 

Best of luck to everyone in the 2ww!  Kar.. crossing my fingers for you.  Any news yet CLC?  Jenn, how are you feeling? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Boston, that's great that your DH is getting more into it! Does he know about TCOYF and charting now?

Kar, your friend sounds like a terrifying driver. What was she doing, taking the car up on two wheels? Hopefully your sickness afterward is a harbinger of things to come. :)

I'm supposed to get AF on Friday, and I'm kind of hopping it happens just so I know that I have a regular cycle off BC. Kar, I think I'm like you with temping but I wake up two or three times during the night (always have). It's like one of those lol cats pictures with the caption, "ur doin it rong."

CLC, what's your AF situation?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, she wasn't so bad, per se, but she couldn't keep an even speed.  It was subtle, but that's all it takes especially if I'm in the back.

boston, sorry to hear AF arrived, but glad your DH is on board the support train. :)  About the puppy.  If he gets you up as a "bad habit" and not because he has to go out, try getting up and telling him, "It's nighttime, go back to sleep," and leave him.  Give him NO positive attention (like cooing or petting) after he's gone to bed for the night.  Even if you sense a legitimate need, just take him out, bring him in, put him back in his crate all in a neutral manner.  Not negative (he shouldn't be punished for having to pee), but not positive, either, to encourage him to wake you up for fun.

WPP, temping just doesn't work for me; DH wakes me up every night to pee and then I have to get up to do the same.  The cheapy OPK strips seem good, though.  Will be waiting for your Friday report.

GL everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

CD 38 for me... still no AF.  I tested CD 29 and 32 and both were BFN's so just waiting on AF.  At this point I just want AF so that we can start the next cycle. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, sometimes it takes longer than expected to register a positive...gl!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

clc, have you taken another test since CD32? Might be worth POAS just to make sure!

Kar, how annoying. My mom drives like that, and it makes me nauseous every time. Here's hoping that your nausea was a harbinger of more to come! :) How was your trip?

Boston, I'm sorry about AF showing up. But that's really great about your DH. Sometimes I think these things happen for a reason...my DH was a little bit on the fence when we started TTC last year, but now that it's taking us awhile, he's (almost) as eager as I am. Whereas I think sometimes when it happens super-quickly, it's such a shock to their systems (I have one friend who got pg immediately after she and her DH decided to "see what happened," and now that she's 4+ months along, he's still completely freaked out and upset). At least, that's how I'm trying to reassure myself - when it does happen for us, we'll both be 100% thrilled!

AFM, got my official BFN on Thursday, and AF showed up over the weekend. Even though I knew it was coming, I was still pretty distraught...I'd had a few tiny symptoms here and there that made me hopeful (a touch of nausea here, a bit of spotting there). If all goes well at my baseline ultrasound today, I'll start round 3 of clomid tonight. Getting pretty tired of the meds, but I'll keep trying...

Tomarra, how are you doing?? Are you back from your vaca yet?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tang, the trip was fantastic, thanks!  I posted 3 photos on a recent page of the April 2011 thread of Confidential Chat.  I don't know those uneven speed drivers keep from making themselves ill.

3 times is a charm, right?!  Sorry AF arrived, but I have a good feeling about round 3 for you for some reason...I hope I'm right!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

WPP... DH hasn't actually read TCOYF... but he understands that the OPK strips help me catch the ramp up to O'ing and that the morning BBT helps me see that I did infact O ... thus concluding the goal-oriented BDing activities :o)  The past few months he has seemed honestly interested in what I've been doing and what I'm keeping track of ... so I give him the reader's digest version.

I had gotten pretty good at reading the cheap OPK strips, but then I read somewhere that even if your LH surge is detected, there can be instances that you don't actually O ... so last month I started doing the temping just to assure myself that everything is working the way it should.  We had a m/c in January... so as frustrating as that was, it was additional assurance that we are ABLE to get pg.  Now I just really want mother nature to cooperate with us.  Crossing our fingers now for a January baby!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, that's true; all the OPK tells you is that the trigger was pulled, not anything about the bullet.  We viewed our m/c the same way - at least we know I o'd that time and, chances are, other times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Of course I couldn't read those comments without running out and buying a test but unfortunately I got another BFN. 

Hopefully AF is on her way so that we can start trying again soon.

At what point should I call my doctor if AF hasn't arrived? I believe from lurking it's at 60 days, does that sound right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You mean 30 days past due?  Or 60 days past due?  I don't know what you're supposed to do, but I'd personally call the doc at 2 weeks late with no explanation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Dang! Sorry, clc, for being a POAS pusher :(  Yes, I think the rule of thumb is to call the doc after 60 days. Sorry AF is taking her sweet time...I know how frustrating that can be.

Kar, glad you had a great trip! And, thanks for your optimistic thoughts :) I hope you're right, too..."3rd time's the charm" might become my new mantra!

ETA - you know, Kar's right...if AF doesn't show up for 60 days after stopping BCP, you call the doc...but if you've already had a visit from AF after you stopped taking BCP, I would probably call sooner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

clc- I forget, but what are your cycles normally like, or are you recently off BC, so you don't yet have a feel for them? because if you are ususally very regular, you might want to call your doctor sooner, like cycle day 45 (also, since it isn't an emergency, you might have to wait a while to be seen, so calling around then might still result in seening the doctor around cycle day 60)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

This would be my second cycle of BC.  My first cycle off BC came exactly 28 days after stopping BC and now I'm just in the waiting game. 

Unfortunately I don't really remember what my cycles were pre-BC.  I've been on it for the past 10 years so it's been awhile.  I'm pretty sure they were regular though so this is a little bizarre for me. 

Tang - no worries about being a pusher, I would have said the same thing to someone in my situation Laughing 

I guess I will put in a call to my doctor to see if they want to see me. Thanks for all the advice! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Kar - what a rotten trick to be carsick during the 2ww... if it is, in fact, just carsickness.  I am still keeping finges crossed that this is your month, especailly hving had a nice relaxing vacation in that gorgeous condo!

Sorry for the AF visits Boston and Tang.  I'm glad you have both been able to find your silver linings, though, as hard as it is for another month to go by.

CLC and WPP... the waiting is the hardest part.  Just hang in there.  Probably a good idea to check in with your doc, clc.  If nothing else, they will be able to tell you what the parameters are for "normal" and "concerning".

AFM... The every other day method isn't happening this month.  Too many late nights worked last week.  Its ok though, we will get in some well-timed attempts.  I'm feeling a little "blah" this month.  You might remember that I had a weird AF last month.  Then there have been times I have felt that I could be pg (tired, queasy, strange pains, etc) and other times I feel fine, so I'm tyring not to read into anything.  I hit up the $$ store for some cheapy tests, but they were all out, so I took it as a sign to just wait and be patient.   And keep trying, of course.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Oh, Kargiver, I meant I was hiding the actual TCOYF book from DH. :) I keep it in my bureau and flip thru when he's not around. He sees the thermometer & knows I temp and he "seems" to be handling that Ok. He has been EXTREMELY anxious and nervous about TTCing, but it's only my 2nd cycle off BCPs so I'm mostly just trying to see if I'm O-ing again.

Boston, yeah, I hide the OPKs, too! :(  Hopefully he'll also come around, like your DH. I think the more time that passes he'll get more & more comfortable with everything. Me & my DH haven't officially started the BDing yet. I'm sorta waiting for him to adjust. :/

My temps have been holding fairly steady and I got a rip-roaring positive on cheapie OPK last night (my first), so I'll be interested in seeing my temps later this week.

CL, I'm sorta in the same boat as you, coming off BCPs. My 1st cycle off BCPS was 41 days, I'm on CD 23 now. I hope your cycle regulates soon. It's tough wondering what the heck is going on. :/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Also, kar, good luck on your TWW and Boston, I'm sorry to hear of your loss in Jan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glitz, lol, ohhhh. LOL  I used to give DH a "baby week schedule," but it freaked and stressed him out to the point where it was counterproductive to let him in on it.  I just act extra seductive when it has to happen, and that's worked much better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Well glad I called the doctor.  I'm getting blood work done Friday and headed to see my GYN on Monday.  I'm incredibly scared of needles so not looking forward to the blood work at all.  I guess with TTC I should try to get use to it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Maybe your bloodwork will reveal a BFP, clc!  You never know.  There are some people who just don't register on the POAS tests. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Look away and think about something else - it sounds ridiculous, but it really works if you let yourself "be somewhere else" when they do the needle thing.

GL - like Nov says, those POAS tests are known for false negatives.