April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: April TTC

Hey ladies I just got back from vacation and I'm so glad the weather has gotten milder here.  I really hoping to get back to more exciting news on the board and I'm sorry to here about the AF visits.  Well, crossing my fingers for those of you still 2ww!

AFM, I'm exhausted but our trip to costa rica was amazing!  I tried to keep up with the BBT but the time/weather difference may have screwed things up a bit.  I have a yearly physical on Thursday and will test that morning.  I'm somewhat hopefully because I have to having some strange pains on my right side since OV and they lasted until Saturday.  My girls feel a little bit sore and DH has saying that I been looking wiped out for the past couple of days.  But I could also be due all the travel and actives we have been doing too.  

Well, I've got to get stated on laundry and will check in later. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Glad you had a great vaca, too!  I'm sure the weather and festivities of vacation messed with your BBT.  And, of course, traveling is exhausting.  These "mixed signals" are so frustrating!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Clc- I'm sure you'll get more of an answer once you go to the dr. but just wanted to say that I was on the pill for 10 years as well when I went of to TTC. My cycles were all sorts of messed up and never went to the 28 day route...they stayed around 43 days or so.  It can take the body a long time to adjust, but doesn't mean you can't get pg if you don't have a "normal" length cycle. Good Luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Boston, I am feeling fine.  I am a little concerned that I don't feel any symptoms other than sore breasts and I am feeling a little more tired that usual.  Tomorrow will be 6 weeks.  My last m/c was at 6.5 weeks, so I am getting nervous for this week, and hoping nothing out of the ordinary happens. 

I am starting to believe that I am really pregnant. I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, but I can't resist thinking about baby names and maternity leave so I really hope it sticks!

I love hearing about everyone's vacations.  We just booked a family trip to Hawaii for next March - we hope we will be bringing a 4 month old baby with us!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Jenn- I totally get what you are saying.  FWIW, I felt pretty ok (a little less interest in vegetables and such) up until 7 weeks, then weeks 7, 8 and 9 were full of vomitting, nausea, severe sense of smell, etc.  I was also concerned because when I had the early m/c, I was nauseous  right away, so i just assumed it would be the same this time around and it hasn't been.  Either way, I understand feeling a little more excited but also cautious.  I'm 10 wks and 3 days today and I am still a little cautious (though that has decreased each week). 

Kar, Tom, Nov (and anyone else in the 2ww)- good luck!!  I am really hoping that happy news is coming your way this month!

CLC- good luck with the blood work.  I agree with Kar- turn your head away and think about something else.  I don't even have a fear of needles or blood, but it's not very fun to watch so I always turn away.

Boston- I'm sorry to hear that AF showed up this month, but positive thoughts for next month! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't know anyone who has the same exact progression of symptoms with every pregnancy so I'm assuming it's impossible to draw any rational conclusions based on "last time" so try to relax and go with however you feel.  I know this 6th week will be stressful, though, Jenn - hoping nothing happens to make you extra nervous.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Thanks everyone.  I certainly don't WANT to be nauseous, but I kind of want more reassurance that everything is progressing normally. 

CLC - I agree with the "don't look" while giving blood folks.  I used to give whole blood regularly, and I gave platelets once a month.  I don't have a fear of needles, per se, but when you give platelets, you have one in your arm for about 90 minutes.  I am fine with it, but I have to turn away during the stick.  Once it's in, it doesn't bother me. 

I had to give up on giving blood after my m/c. There is no proof that there is a correlation, but I had given platelets during the end of my 2ww, not knowing I was pregnant, and then I miscarried.  I talked to my rep at the Red Cross, and she advised that I stop coming in for a while.  She reiterated that there is no proof that giving blood has any effect on pregnancy (many women give blood before they know they are pregnant and are fine), but she said that it was better to play it safe since our bodies need all the resources they can get during the early days.  So, I haven't given blood since December.  It's weird, but I miss it.  It was a monthly ritual where I hung out with great people and watched chick flicks in a comfy chair while helping others. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Jenn, glad you're feeling well, and fingers crossed that your 6th week passes uneventfully. So good of you to donate blood and platelets on the regular. I finally worked up the courage to do it in December, but they asked if I was pg or trying to become pg. Since I was trying, I wasn't allowed to donate...and I certainly could have, since 4 months later I'm still pg-free!

clc, I used to have a near-paralyzing fear of needles. Like kar says, I always look away as soon as the needle comes out, and ever since I was a kid I've always pinched some other part of my body just before it goes in. Sounds weird, but focusing on the pinch that I'M giving myself makes the needle's pinch less unpleasant. I've been having to inject myself with the clomid treatment I've been taking...never in a million years did I think I'd be able to do it, but somehow the desire for a LO trumps everything else!

tomarra, glad you had such a great vaca! Costa Rica is high on my list. I bet it was amazing (and nice to get your mind off the 2ww, too). Fingers crossed for Thursday!

Nov, nice work staying strong on the POAS front! When do you plan to test?

Had a clear baseline ultrasound yesterday and took my first clomid dose last night. Here we go again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL, Tang, with round 3!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks everyone.  For me the fear is not of the pain but of the needle and vein itself.  I don't even like that part of the inner arm.  Ugh just typing about the blood draw is making my hands sweat.  Previously I've been prescribed anxiety medication just to get me through giving blood (I don't take it normally, just when dealing with needles).  But since at this point I'm 11 days late they don't want to give me medication in case all the POAS tests are wrong and I am pg.  I really do want to know if I'm pg so I will just have to suck it up!

ETA: Good luck with round 3 Tang!  Trust me if giving myself shots is what it takes to get PG I will be more than happy to do it.  Someday your child/children will thank you for it Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

GL Tang!  I'm going with Kar's thoughts of 3rd time's the charm :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, Good luck with this round!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, I know the anxiety response is real and mostly out of your control, but if you can focus on a happy memory - really, truly, picture and feel it happening in your mind - while you're getting it drawn your body will respond differently than if you're thinking about what's happening at the moment.  Give it a whirl at least!  Oh, and decide what you want to focus on during the draw before you get there - you won't be able to think of a thing at that time!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

CLC, I know what you mean about the needle and vein. Giving blood freaks me out and *every* time I've had blood drawn I've passed out. I tell DH that I can feel the blood being usurped from my vein, but he says I'm crazy. Maybe I am, but I swear I can feel it! When it's over I always put my head between my legs for a few minutes and just breathe. Sometimes that helps.

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww! I'm not really sure if I'm there or not. My temp has been steadily increasing over the past few days so I'm wondering if I'm finally O-ing, on CD24.

Jenn, I hope things keep going smoothly for you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can feel it draining, too - it freaks me out and makes me nauseous.  I can totally relate, but the visualization thing helps me if I really focus.  My SIL used it, too, when she was getting some yucky breast cancer needle thing in her nipple.  The nurses kept asking how she was doing and interrupting her visualizations - she was pi$$ed and finally yelled at them to stop bothering her!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

You're not crazy. I give blood as often as allowed and it doesn't bother me (no trouble with needles), but I can definitely feel the blood leaving.

Being distracted does help, either talking about something wholly unrelated or going into my own personal happy place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Really?  All of you can feel the blood leaving?  This fascinates me.  I've never noticed it, and I'm the opposite.  I watch the whole thing.  I'll have to pay more attention next time I have blood drawn.

Jenn - I'm sending you calming thoughts to help you through this week. 

Tang - the power of motherhood is getting you through those injections.  What a wonderful display of love for your child to be!  Good luck this round!  

As for when I plan to test, I don't.  I've convinced myself that I am not pg.  But if there is no AF this month, I will be sure to let my dr know about the "off" period and quirks last month just in case there may be a dating issue.  Guess we'll see how long I stay "zen" though.  Today should be EWCM day, but nothing yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm facinated that anyone can tell anything from CM.  Doesn't sex mess it up so to speak?  LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hahaa, Kar.  I've only made that mistake once so far. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

... its quiet today.

Well AF has ended... so now it's time to gear up for the next BDing round.  I was doing some research on ways to increase the chances of a BFP ... and one of the suggestions was using Robitussen too increase the amount of CM.  It got me thinking that I usually dont judge when my peak BDing opportunity is by CM because I don't notice much of a change and the EWCM never seems to appear.  So... that led me to think that maybe its worth a try at using Robitussen to up the amount of CM in the hopes that it could increase our chances of success.  I'm not sure if it is an actual problem for me... but it makes me feel good to try something slightly different.  Just seems so pointless to keep trying the same thing month after month. 

DH is traveling for business this weekend, but agreed to come home early so that we don't miss our BDing window.  (its not a critical trip... just a trade show he was invited to go to)  I thought it was cute... "Honey I was invited to go on this trip... does it mess up our timing?"  I should O on Thursday or Friday and he will be back late Tuesday night.  We probably would have started BDing Monday if he were around... but its all good.  

Hope everything is going well for everyone else!  Good luck on this round Tang!   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd take Mucenix (sp?) not Robitussin because they are both expectorants (have the same effect on mucus), but the cough syrup makes me nauseous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, boston! Just wanted to add to Kar's comment and say that whether you choose Mucinex or Robitussin, you should make sure the only active ingredient is Guaifenesin. If you pick one that also has antihistamine properties, the two ingredients will just cancel each other out. Since clomid is known to dry up cm, I took Mucinex (well, CVS brand "Chest Congestion Relief - Expectorant") 3x/day, along with a lot of water, starting a few days before I expected to o, ending a couple days after o. It definitely seemed to help things in that department, so I'll do it again this month.

GL!! Hooray for DH cutting his trip short to bd...I'm sure he doesn't mind too much Wink.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Thanks for the advice girls!  I didn't realize that was the specific ingredient I should be looking for.  I'll probably start that Monday and carry through next weekend.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It adds water to the mucus (all your mucus, nose to cervix) making it stretchier.  In your chest, it helps "loosen" it so you can cough up phlegm.

GL with it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

boston, another suggestion is to try some Pre-Seed. It's a sperm-friendly lube that mimics EWCM. I've known people who have had success with it, especially if they didn't produce a lot of EWCM on their own. I believe it's now available at CVS. If not, it can be ordered online. GL!!

Sections
Shortcuts