April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April TTC

They don't turn dark like that unless they've definitely reacted with LH in your pee.  So, between the temp and the OPK I'd definitely pick the OPK as the more reliable one this particular time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Jenn, that's great about your increased symptoms! I don't blame you for overreacting to the puppy jump (Kar talked me down a few months ago when I was worried about going skiing during my [fruitless] 2ww. Ha.).

Boston, I hear ya on upping the TTC intensity. Sometimes it honestly feels like TTC is my other full-time job. Doing as much as you can helps to feel like you're taking control, you know? That's one of the hardest parts, I find...I'm so used to being able to make things happen through hard work, perseverance, etc etc....not so with TTC! I'm doing all the same stuff you are, except for the herbal supplement and temping. I temped last month, and while it did provide some useful info, I found that it stressed me out. Starting every day thinking about TTC, and then entering my data in fertilityfriend.com and agonizing over whether I'd missed the o window....too much for me. Although since my RE monitors everything, it's easier for me to throw in the towel on temping.

Anyhoo, had another ultrasound this morning and have 1-2 follicles that are good to go, so tonight I jab myself with the magical ovulation elixir and get to bd-ing. We'll try to get a couple rounds in before the flight...and then we'll be in transit for about 24 hours, so I'll have to play that by ear. Especially since we'll be with my MIL...might be pretty hard to sneak off! ;)

Tomarra - how are you doing? Have you started your next round of clomid pills?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Tang - I might have missed it, but where are you going?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope you ladies talk me down when it's my turn!  ;)

Any BDing can be effective even as long as 5 days later (max) so don't write this month off if you feel like you can't time it exactly on the button.  GL!

I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself...what a week.  Thanks for all the well wishes!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Glad to hear you're feeling better Kar.

AFM - I'm in the homestretch of this 2ww and I'm having a lot of mixed signals.  You know, the things that could be symptoms but also have perfectly legitimate other explainations.  I'm trying not to think about it too much, but can't seem to stop myself from googling things.  You said it best, Kar - I'm having a love/hate relationship with hope right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Kar, I'm glad your feeling more like yourself.

Nov, Crossing my fingers & toes for you.

Tan,  I'm glad to hear you got the green light...isn't it great when things work out.  Have a safe, wonderful and relaxing vacation!

AFM, I have my next scan on Monday and will see what happens.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

OK, so I caved.  I tested last night, and BFN, as expected.  I'm good with it, and actually feel much better. I was at the dollar store anyways and figured $1.06 was well worth my sanity.

We'll see how long that lasts though.  Yesterday was day 27 and my cycles have been 28, 28, 30, 30.  I sprung for the second $1.06 while I was there in case I am a nutcase again by Sunday.  =)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

These are 19 cents each...be as crazy as you want!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

In Response to Re: April TTC:
    [QUOTE]These are 19 cents each...be as crazy as you want! Amazon 50 count pg tests
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

haahaa... you are too funny. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, I gotta keep my addiction from breaking the bank, you know?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Nov, GL!! I think the extra $1.06 was well worth it :) I'm a big fan of the internet cheapies, too...with a couple of FRER bought on sale and squirreled away in case of "emergency" ;)

Kar, glad you're feeling back to normal, just in time for the weekend. Tomarra, fingers crossed for a great u/s next week.

Nov, we're going to China! I'm very excited - have never been beyond Europe before. I had convinced myself that I'd be pg on the trip, and was all concerned about it (the food! the water! the flight!) - but I'm feeling much more chill about the 2ww. I figure if I actually relax and forget about it (within reason), my chances might be a little better this month. I triggered last night, which means I'll probably o tomorrow morning - at the beginning of a 17-hour flight! Oy.

I probably won't be able to check in while I'm gone, so I really hope I'll come back to hear some great news and some bfps!! Happy Easter and good luck to everybody!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Tang!  Oh, and I have a couple of FRER in case of "emergency," too.  I try to save those 'til I'm actually a couple of days late.

I've been to Japan and Korea.  The flight is awful.  But, the trip was worth it.  Have a great time!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Enjoy your trip, Tang! Sorry about the BFN Nov, hopefully it's still too early to test.  Kar - glad you're feeling better.

AFM, still no AF.  I've been grumpy all week so I was hoping she was on her way.  Maybe this weekend. 

P.S. it's odd that for so long I cursed AF's arrival and for once I can't wait for her to get here and now she's taking her sweet time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Tang that's awesome!  Have a great tirp and bring us back some pictures - and I hope you come back pg!  Happy Easter!

CLC, no kidding, huh?  In addition to cursing/wishing for AF, this process also makes me wonder if I wasted five years on BC trying not to get pregnant.  Apparently its not that easy, and doesn't just happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know, I think about that all the time when I hear younger women who are putting it off say, "Oh, I have plenty of time."  Really?  Who says?

I wasted my best child bearing years married to the wrong guy not wanting to procreate with him.  Glad I didn't, but there's no getting around the fact that fertility goes down with age. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Nov - If I find out that I was on BC for 10 years for nothing I will be very annoyed.  I try not to think about it often because I end up all flustered!  It also makes me wonder about all of the girls I know in high school who accidentally get pregnant.  Really how did they get that timing down?  Should I be asking them for tips?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's egg age and other age related factors.  The irony; they're super fertile and don't want to get pg, and we're...never mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

LOL...Imagine visiting your local HS and asking if you join in their sex ed class for pg tips!

Tan, The trip to China sound exciting...have a great time!

Nov, It might still be early for positve...so I will continue to cross my fingers and toes for you.

clc, I will be crossing my fingers and toes that AF will come so you can move on!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

DH and I joke about this all the time - we spent 5 years trying NOT to get pg, and now, when we want to, it takes 8+ months.  Not that 8 months is abnormally long, but after several months of trying, then the m/c, we were pretty pessimistic for a while. 

It does seem like all the stars have to align, and then you wonder about all those accidental pregnancies, or the times when people come off BC and the next month they are pg.  I wish it were that easy!  Makes me wonder why I spent 14 years on the pill. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Well, I went in for my day 11 us this morning and a follicle on my right side grew!  So, I have to start testing with OPKs and hope for the best.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and all is well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Tomarra!  Good luck to that little follicle!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

That's awesome, Tomarra! Good luck!

I'm on..CD39 or 40, I have to check again...and I broke down and tested, which came back as a BFN. I'm going in for my yearly exam in a couple weeks so if AF doesn't come by then I'll ask the doc when my body will stop doing its post-BC freak out.

I remember being terrified of getting pg in high school and college and it does seem unnecessary now, doesn't it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry, WPP, for the BFN.

I'm on CD 53, I have one more week left until I have to go back to the doctor to see what's going on.  I will say the only good thing to come of this extended cycle is it's allowed DH the time to realize that he's definitely ready (although now he's getting impatient, go figure).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

WPP and clc,  I feel for you guys ...those long never cycles are the worse.  I hope both your doctors put on provera soon that you start your next cycle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good news tomarra!  I hope this is your cycle!

WPP, sorry about the BFN.  Hopefully you don;t have to wait and wonder for too much longer.

CLC - something good is coming out of your long wait, at least.  =)

AFM -day 31 and still waiting (tick tock, tick tock).  My plan is to see if I go through tomorrow with no AF, then test Wednesday AM.  At this point, if AF is coming, I really need her to come today so she'll be gone before I leave for vacation Friday.  If she's just late, I need her to hold off for another whole week.  That's not too much to ask, is it?