April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Re: April TTC

Glad to hear that acupucture is an something people are willing to consider. I've not used it for fertilty, but I started it last year to help ease my transition from BC pills because my body hates being off the pill. And it has definitely helped. So I'm happy when I hear others benefit from it as well.

But I went off the pill the end of last May. Two m/cs and almost a year later, here I am. So I may start using the acupuncture for fertility now. It can't hurt.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I've not been interested in trying at all. I just keep thinking that I don't want to have another m/c. I feel bad because DH is optomistic still. But let's be honest, it's much harder on the woman to go through something like that. It's easer for him to just want to try again.

FWIW, I haven't had caffeine, alcohol, fish with high mercury content, red meat or sushi since July of last year when I found out I was pg the first time. I think if it makes you feel better about your TTC chances, then go for it. It's been so long for me that I'm just going to stick with it until I either have a baby or give up. Again, it can't hurt. But I think we can all agree there is no one sure thing, unfortunately.

Good luck to alll on this journey, whatever you decide to do. I'll still check in here and hopefully have something good to report in a month or so. I need to find a way to get my mojo back!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hib, have you been honest with DH about how you feel?  I can understand being gun shy after 2 m/c's.  You must have such mixed, scary feelings, and bearing that alone would be difficult and could lead to gradual resentment if you feel like DH doesn't understand, and he won't unless you've told him.

What has your doctor said about trying, again?

Best,
    ~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

hib - i'm with you.  i just had my first MC and am scared to try again.  BUT, then i look at all the time i'm losing (by the time i expect to get my period and then O again, assuming all happens as i anticipate - it will be 4 months since i got PG - ugh), and i realize i just have to get back on the wagon fast.  i'm totally convinced i'm going to have a string of MCs b/c that's just been my relationship with TTC (no MC before, but hard time getting PG and then twins on clomid) - i just can't imagine it "just working out."  (actually, silly me, i did - until this MC!)  but the practical side of me thinks you should get right back on the wagon too, right away, because the sooner you know what's going on the sooner you can work on correcting it (if that's your persuasion) or moving on.  i'm thinking of my SIL who had a string of MC and then IVF... and of myself if i have to go a different route someday.  sigh.  happy friday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

SS - I just wanted to add that when I was 31 almost all of my friends were married and TTC. I think it took all of them 8 or 10 months or even a year! So hang in there. And I remember crying my eyes out when I hit 31 - much worse birthday than when I was 30. Of course I didn't even have a boyfriend, much less a husband. I wanted to be married with kids so badly and had no idea how I was going to get there.
    Well - I'm deep into my 40's now - with a husband I finally found when I was 40 - and 3 year old twins.
    Keep trying, and if you don't have any success in 12 months - go to the RE. You'll have your family, I'm sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Stefani - so sorry to read about the MC. My prayers are with you. I had a MC before having my twins and it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. What a horrible loss it is. All the best for a speedy recovery - both physically and mentally.
    Best,
    Lily

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

SS - one last thing. I think I read that you have short cycles? If you do you need to start temping, testin,g BDing early. I read that women with short cycles don't ovulate in the middle of the cycle, but 14 days before getting AF. So if you're having a 24 day cycle - you're probably ovulating at day 10. I'm sure you know this already, I haven't had time to read back through the posts. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Alll the best!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good point, misslily. 

To add, Day 14 is an average time, not the "most likely" time any one woman will ovulate. My post ovulation phase was exactly 14 days (as confirmed by LH strips that turned positive 15 days before AF arrived), but my cycles were any old length every month.  Of course, that meant at the beginning of each cycle when I'd ovulate was a complete surprise - any time from Day 9 - 18.  But, 14 days later AF would arrive (so my cycles were between 23 - 32 days long).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Lily, thanks for your encouraging posts. 

I'm pretty sure I consistently ovulate on day 11 or 12 based on the OPKs followed by temp rise.  But unfortunately I did waste a month or two trying too late thinking I should be aiming for day 14.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sperm lives up to 5 days so you don't have to time it perfectly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Happy Marathon Monday! I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather. AF has arrived, right on time, so into month 8 I go! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Month 8, already?  Seems like you just joined in, MW.  GL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

No kidding. Time flies when you are TTC.  I may not have been on this board since the get go however...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Happy Marathon Monday! I am lucky to have today off. It's a gorgeous day.

DH and I had a chat this weekend. I felt that his emphasis on trying again made meant he wasn't affected by the mcs and didn't understand how it affected me, but that wasn't true. He was focusing on trying again because he wanted me to know that although the mcs were sad for him, what mattered most was that I came through them ok. We could always pursue other options, but the important thing is that we do it together. I feel better now. I think that's what I needed to know, first that he acknowledged how much it sucked, and second that he was open to other options. I am one of those people who needs a backup plan.

So, I will be a nervous wreck, but we are going to go ahead and try starting after AF, which should show up later this week. Maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm glad your aired your feelings, Hib, and understand you are really on the same emotional page.  Husbands often think appearing "strong" is best (for us) when it really makes us wonder what the heck is going on.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Hib - I'm glad you were able to talk to DH. Sometimes I think their optimism comes off as ambivalence but his heart seems to be in the right place. Fingers crossed for this next cycle!

AFM, I got a +OPK on Saturday and Sunday mornings. You'd have never seen two people more excited about an OPK than DH and I were. We were literally jumping up and down. My temperature flucated a bunch over the last few days, but there was a definite spike this morning, so I guess we're officially in the 2WW. If this month doesn't work out, it won't be from lack of trying. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Well - some sperm can live for up to 5 days. I had a friend who was having trouble TTC and it turned out her DH had sperm that didn't live very long. Once they figured it out and got the timing down - she was fine. They are the proud parents of 3 lovely girls  - each 2 years apart.
    It is something to remember. It's not always your eggs or cycle. Guys have problems too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wouldn't think anyone would actually regularly try to and assume they would get pregnant by having sex 5 days before they ovulate each month.  I'm only saying that it's usually possible to not have to have it timed down to the exact second of ovulation because sperm can generally live a few days.  That's not to imply that timing doesn't matter or sperm can always live that long.  I'm just putting it out there that when people have sex before DH goes away on business, say 2 days before ovulation, it doesn't necessarily mean a woman won't get pg that month because they missed the only possible day to conceive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Good luck in the 2ww, Chiclet! I hope the clomid gives you guys the boost you need. 

Hib, glad you talked to your DH and feel better about trying again. Somehow there's a powerful feeling behind feeling united and having a plan. 

CD124 here. Yesterday was four months. I'm noticing some physiological differences from regular acupuncture so I'm hoping it has an effect in this arena too. Also just started my new job yesterday, which I'm enjoying. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

So glad to hear about the +OPK, Chiclet!! Good luck in the 2ww, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

WPP, glad to hear you're liking your new job!  

Hib, I'm happy to hear you and your hubs are on the same page now. Good luck this time around!

AFM, I am on day 3 of Clomid. So far I haven't had any scary side effects, which was a huge relief. I bought Mucinex, which I plan to start the day after I stop taking Clomid, and I bought OPK strips, too. I'm feeling optimistic, so we'll see!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Kar - I wasn't implying you were wrong. I meant no offense. I used to spend a lot of time on the TTC boards and I know the pain and heartache of wanting to be pregnant.
    I was simply pointing out that my friend was charting and temping and whatever else for a year. Once they figured out her DH had sperm that mostly died off within 24 hours, they managed to start a family.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Some hopeful progress for some.  Chicklet... yay... and good luck in 10-14 days :-)  Jleighla... also great news that you aren't having side effects so far.  Were you told what they may be?  WPP - congrats on new job and I am really, really hoping the acupuncture brings about AF.  You have a whole bunch of ladies pulling for you!

AF started yesterday and I have absolutely no headache.  Strange as I usually get a 24 hour pre-headache that is just a low pulsing and then full-on, behind one eye, throbbing on day of AF.  I wonder if my lack of hormones is helping in that department.  Well... I guess that's my silver lining to not having many eggs.  Not too much estrogen needed in my body that will screw with my head.

I should probably ask my doctor this... but does my very high FSH (21) levels mean I am in, or going to have early menopause? I googled and got 100 different answers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

misslily, no worries - sorry if I sounded offended, I wasn't.  

People make comments about the exactness of all the timing involved in TTC because they get a false sense of control by all the TTC stuff they do.  In my experience and opinion, this leads to a lot of unnecessary/unhelpful stress and extreme disappointment because they think they can actually say with certainty that everything was perfect and it still didn't work if they get a BFN.  If one can understand and accept that we cannot know what "perfect" timing is except in the hindsight of a BFP, it becomes a far less stressful, but just as likely to be successful (possibly even more likely due to it being less stressful!), process.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Jleigh - I'm feeling optimistic for you. I'm glad you haven't had any of the Clomid side effects! I hope that keeps up for you.

WPP - Congrats on the new job! I'm glad you like it so far.

IPW - I'm glad AF is being nice to you this week. I thought that a high FSH while you still have your period is the sign of premature ovarian failure, not the sign of menopause. I thought that the definition of menopause was no AF for a year. I could be wrong though...

Temping question for you ladies... My temp dropped below the cover line, one day after a definite spike. It's been kind of a zigzag pattern the last few days. I'm not really sure how to interpret that. I slept with the windows open overnight and it was cold in the bedroom this morning but I don't know if that's enough to lower my BBT. I've taken my temperature the same time every morning (+ or - 15 minutes probably). I feel like it's too early after O to think it's an implantation dip. Is there anything that might be causing the erratic pattern? I'm trying hard not to read too much into it and stressing out over it. Just wondering if that's something other people have experienced...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can't answer your question, but that's exactly why I stopped temping.  I'm as much of a control freak as the next girl, but it became apparent that temping just plain wasn't worth the effort for me - it was meaningless every month.  Yay for anyone who has a text book chart, but I never did, and I followed the rules.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hi Chiclet- I temp every month and I have had this happen once too, although a little later in the luteal phase. I don't have any great insights for you but I don't think it's wildly abnormal.  I've read that the ambient air temp can affect *some* people so perhaps that is the cause.  Sorry I don't have much to add, but you aren't alone in your analyzing!!

Sections
Shortcuts