April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Re: April TTC

Chiclet - It's been a while since I temped but I noticed slight differences depending on room temperature. Also, how are you temping? I had issues with fluctuations when I temped orally. Sorry, not very helpful, but my one suggestion is not to temp orally and see if it helps. It's a little weird at first but really no big deal.

ETA I also read a while ago that random temp drops after O could be a sign of fluctuating estrogen levels. I am really not familiar with it at all but maybe you could research it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Chiclet, I'm so glad you posted since I had the exact same thing happen last night.  I also slept with the windows open/fan and woke up cold so now I think it was probably that.

I took my temp every day for a couple months and discovered I was pretty textbook, so now I only temp around the couple of days before and after O.  For some reason it makes me feel better seeing the spike.  So this month for a few days before O I had my normal 97.7ish temp, then yesterday which should have been the day after O it went to 98.2 which is pretty normal but on the lower side for me (I usually go to 98.4).  Sometimes the first day after O its a little lower but then by the next day I usually stabilize at the 98.4 for the 2ww.  So I was really surprised this morning when it dropped a bit to 98.1.  Not a huge change but strange for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks for your help. SS, I'm going to take the fact that it happened to both of us as a good sign and forget about it. Hopefully it goes back up (and stays there) over the next few days. I may consider to switching from oral temping to vaginal next cycle and see what happens. I'm a little worried about my progesterone anyway, so this is making me a little edgy. My levels weren't that great when they were tested at the RE, but where I wasn't ovulating, it's hard to tell. Hopefully, if I did ovulate, my progesterone is right in line, but who knows!?

JLeigh, I forgot to mention earlier, but I highly recommend Preseed. I had virtually no CM this month at all thanks to the Clomid. Preseed comes with internal applicators (like Monistat) and I found that to be incredibly helpful. You can use it externally too. Honestly, I don't think we would have been able to have sex without it. It's pricey ($22 at CVS) but it was so worth it. If the Mucinex doesn't work for you, run out and pick up a tube.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've used Preseed with great success, too, but I made it last longer by putting a little on my finger and applying it externally.  It took a little practice to figure out how much and how to apply, but using too much is not only expensive, but it was too effective if you know what I mean.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Preseed also makes an external lube... its really great.  Not at all greasy or slimey.  I'll actually continue using it regardless because its the one I like the best.  Its not cheap.. maybe $16... but very worth it IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

IPW - I was worried about side effects of Clomid b/c of things I read online. Apparently some people get really irritable. I'm going to have family in town this weekend so I was worried I would ruin their trip yelling at everyone, lol. Luckily I feel fine.

Thanks for the advice about Preseed, all. I will pick some up today.

Chiclet - I've just started temping and my temps are all over the place so I have no advice. I hope your temp goes back up and stays there!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Chiclet - I woke up in my normal toasty bedroom this morning and my temp was normal for me - 98.4 exactly.  How'd you do this morning?  Back to your norm?  I think it must have been the outside temperature drop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

SS - My temp did go right back up to the range I expected. Phew! I'm glad you're back to normal too.

Back to obsessing about every little twinge and cramp for the next 10 days or so! Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Chiclet (or anyone else), what time of day did you do the OPK tests? I've heard afternoon is best, but the tests say you should hold your pee for FOUR HOURS, which seems really hard to do!

Happy Friday, everyone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's what I did.  2:00 pm after not going for awhile.  Maybe not a full 4 hours, but at least 3.  They give you that guidance for a good reason.  LH surges usually occur in the morning, and it takes until mid afternoon for the amount in your blood stream to get filtered out by your kidneys and dumped into your bladder.   If you measure it the morning of the surge you won't get a positive even if it would be later that day.  If you check it the next morning you'll have missed the darkest time, the afternoon before, because the level being filtered out of your blood has gone down dramatically in the 24 hours since the surge.

The curve that represents the concentration of LH in your blood stream is quite narrow...almost a "spike."  The afternoon of the surge is the best time, therefore, to catch a positive result in your urine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I was doing after work for OPKs, which I do think is fine but I've done it at work as well. I aim for 2pm or 3pm. I try not to drink as much water for a couple hours before, but I've never timed my peeing either. 

I take the strip and a Dixie cup in my purse to the ladies room and conduct science in the stall...pretty funny. Then I put the strip back in the pouch and transport back to my desk and check it in the 5 minutes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Off topic- for the internal Preseed...can you um, insert it ahead of time??  I've read to use less than the indicated amount on the packaging. Seems that most people feel like it's too much.

I just don't want to kill the mood...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

JLeigh - I actually used my first morning urine, even though that's probably not recommended. I used the Clear Blue Easy digital test and the instructions say to test whenever you want, but most women find it easiest to test in the morning. So that's what I did. I don't know if this type of test is more sensitive than the dip sticks that a lot of ladies on here use, and that's why I was able to do it? The last time I used an OPK, I did it at 2pm and it was really difficult for me to do it at work. (Sneaking into the bathroom with a test and a cup in my pocket? Awkward!) In hindsight, it would have probably been easier to do it at 6 when I first got home from work. The 4 hours thing was almost impossible for me so I tried for 3.5 hours. This time around, I caught the positive in the morning and tested again that evening and still got one. It was still positive the next morning but when I tested again that night it had gone back to negative. So I'm sure I caught the surge on the up-side, so to speak. 

That was a really long answer. I guess the bottom line is that it depends on the type of test you're using. I would just follow the directions on the packaging.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I used opk's in the morning because they never seemed to work for me in the afternoon. I think it works the same but you will probably just have less time before O than if you tested the afternoon prior. It seemed that I ovulated the day after the first positive a.m. opk (temping helped to confirm). I got my bfp the second cycle using them.  Good luck!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

MW, I put a little bit on my finger and apply externally where it will be sure to be, uh, encountered.  As I'm prone to UTIs I always pee right before and after sex so that's when I do it, right beforehand.

I've also used fmu for OPKs, and I figured out from when I got AF (always 15 days later) that my "almost as dark" test line was, in fact, "my" positive.  But, to get truly perfectly equal test lines as they describe a positive you'd probably have to do it in the afternoon for the reasons I mentioned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

In Response to Re: April TTC:
    [QUOTE]But, to get truly perfectly equal test lines as they describe a positive you'd probably have to do it in the afternoon for the reasons I mentioned.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is necessarily true. I got two days of positives where the test line was noticeably darker than the control line using FMU. I never got similar positives in the afternoon. I think it really depends on your body chemistry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

MW - I think you're supposed to insert Preseed 15 minutes before sex anyway. Honestly, I just did it under the blanket and made DH turn his head. We laughed about "maintaining the magic" and it wasn't a big deal. There are so many awkward things about TTC, what's one more!?! :-)

The applicator has markings on the side and I always filled it to #3. I think that's about the middle. There was only one time where I would say that was too much. I had almost no CM though, so even that might be too much for you if you just need a little extra boost. I found applying it externally like Kar mentioned (either to me or to DH) wasn't as effective as the internal applicator. Again, that's probably because of the Clomid so your experience might be different.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Thanks, everyone. I bought the Clearblue digital tests, too, so maybe I'll try testing in the morning like you, Chiclet.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

what exactly is preseed???  and is that name... gross?  something about it (the name, not the product) seems icky.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Haha Stef, it's lube. It's meant to be "fertility friendly" because it doesn't have some of the stuff that regular lubes have that damages sperm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Stef, you mean that name does get you all hot and steamy :-). Had no idea that normal lube kills sperm until my OB mentioned during my first go around. Who knew. How DO people get PG by accident??? Have a great weekend everyone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Haha, it really is a terrible name. Thanks for the tips.  This planned BDing is *so* romantic as it is...I've got DH up to the point where he is asking if my egg is coming, so that's good. I really don't want to have to explain CM to him! LOL...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

In Response to Re: April TTC:
    [QUOTE]How DO people get PG by accident???
    Posted by IPWBride[/QUOTE]

I ask that same question every day...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I always found "seed" to be a weird reference to sperm so yeah, Preseed is just icky, I agree.

I remember how things were when I was on bc; I definitely had to use more then than I do now, au naturale as far as drugs go.  Experiment - you'll find the amount that works for you.  You don't want to use too much every time just to make sure you're covered because it reduces too much friction, and this isn't all about making a baby, after all...you know?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

AF came!  i'm thrilled.  now i just hope my cycles are regular right away.  :)