April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April TTC

Chicklet, how many months have you been actively trying?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Let's say 4 months? I know that's not long in the grand scheme of things. I'm just cringing at the thought of more Clomid and another month of feeling early pregnancy symptoms that are clearly all in my head. It's such a roller coaster. I'm just trying to remind myself that I knew going into this month that there's such a small chance that we'd be successful and that I never should have gotten my hopes up in the first place. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hey Chiclet- I know how you feel. I'm not on Clomid or anything but I hate seeing that temp drop towards the end. I think I decided this cycle I'm going to give up temping at the end b/c it affects my daily moods too much.  I'm not suggesting you do this or anything but I decided it's best for my well being.

And also, you aren't out until you get AF. I've seen plenty of pregnant charts on TCOYF that have temp spikes.  GL and hang in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I guess not spikes, per say, but just temps all over the place :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

MW, I'm pleased to see you give up.  No sense beating a dead horse if it just plain isn't working for you and stresses you out for no benefit whatsoever.  That's what happened to me so you aren't alone. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

jleighla, I hope your timing works out!

Chiclet, I'm sorry that the roller coaster is getting you down. Are your temps pretty uniform and cyclical, or does it seem like they don't mean much?

I was on the phone/Internet navigating doctors and insurance for two annoying hours yesterday. I called Planned Parenthood a couple times and talked to multiple different people and I feel like I got weird answers. They said they didn't handle infertility and when I told them it was on their web site, they said they'd have to transfer me to counseling, where they could give me a referral. Counseling said I should look at this web site for RESOLVE.org, an infertility awareness organization. But it's just a web site with stuff I've read multiple times over the past several months. I called back and they said that was all they had, the web site for that organization. Dead end. 

After a lot of insurance haggling, I was able to switch my PCP. It's a weird situation where it's really under Harvard Vanguard but they also secretly take my insurance if I do things in certain steps. I've always been confused with how insurance if different from racketeering, but whatever. On this new PCP's bio page, she purports to use a whole person health approach and invite the patient to be involved in decisions, so that'll be new and exciting for me. I have an appointment in a couple weeks. Starting the process over!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WPP - I feel for you, nothing in this process has gone smoothly.  I really hope the new PCP will give you the answers and attention you want/need.  Perhaps you could straight out ask her for provera to get your AF started. Best of luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Good luck WPP.  A new doctor is a very good start!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Kar-  Well I haven't given up entirely...still using it to confirm O. Just not going to temp for the last week before AF is due.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whatever makes you happy.  I just hate to see anyone bang their head against the wall for too long with something that proves to not work for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

WPP - I'm so glad to hear you were able to switch your PCP. It's a bummer you have to start the process over, but hopefully your new doctor will take you seriously!

Chiclet - I'm sorry to hear you're feeling bummed. It's definitely understandable. I'm thinking of you!

AFM, I'm feeling kind of bummed as well because I don't think I ovulated. I got my positive OPK on Thursday afternoon, and on Friday, my temp actually went down. Today it was back up to my usual temp, but I haven't seen a temp spike. I have to go in next week for a Day 21 blood draw, which I guess will confirm whether I ovulated (I think).

Have a great weekend, everyone!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

JLeigh - I hope you finally got your temp spike. The CD21 blood will absolutely tell your doctor if you did ovulate or not. Just keep BDing and it will all work out!

AFM, I'm on my 4th day of spotting. It started on Friday night, so I figured AF would be here Saturday (as expected), maybe Sunday at the absolute latest. Well, it's Monday and still no sign of her. But I see the spotting every time I wipe (sorry if that's TMI). My temperature has stayed down at the coverline. I don't know what's going on or what I should do! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Chicklet, test for pg, gl!

AFM, I got AF this morning and will be taking that long anticipated FSH test on Wednesday morning if I remember to collect my FMU!  I haven't remembered and then last month I didn't actually know when Day 3 was.  I started AF at 5:00 PM.  So, I didn't know if that was Day 1 or Day 0.  This time, I got AF this morning at 7:00 AM so obviously today is Day 1, and Wednesday morning is Day 3.  This is it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Chiclet - you may want to wait a few more days but if you're a few days past when AF is due you could test.  You were on Clomid this round, right?  Did your OB/RE tell you how many days after your expected ovulation to test? I'm not sure if being on clomid makes a difference.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

kar, i'm confused.  what's the FSH test for?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm honestly not that familiar with it, but it came "free" in my last 3 pack of First Response EPTs.  I'll read the insert before I take it and find out for sure, but I know you have to take it with FMU of Day 3 of your cycle and it's supposed to tell you something about how fertile you still are.

ETA:  This explains it far better than I did.  FSH

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Here is some information on FSH and link about testing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Kar, since you mentioned it, the RE told me that you call it Day 1 when you have "full flow" before 3pm. If it's after 3pm, then the next day is Day 1. I don't know if they say that because of all the things they have to schedule once Day 1 hits or if that's some kind of universal stat. But that's what I go on.

CLC - the doctor gave me absolutely no guidance on testing or anything. I'm probably about 15-16 DPO, so I think a test would be accurate now. I just don't want to see a negative. I feel like there's such a slim chance that I could get a positive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, yes, that's what I've heard, too.  5:00 PM left me in limbo about when to test for FSH.  I have one test, and I don't want to waste it.  So, I held onto it until I got my period before noon which I usually do making it obvious which morning is the morning of Day 3.

If you have cheapie dip tests, I'd start burning through those if I were you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Kar, good luck with the FSH.  I'm guessing the sticks won't give a numerical output like a blood test will, but I'm sure it will give a good reading.  I'm pretty sure you won't, but just don't panic one way or another if the reading comes out that FSH is high.  Its only one number in a slew of numbers that can be tested (so I've learned).  I can't remember, has your DH ever been tested?

Chiclet... huhm... tough call.  I totally hear what you are saying with not wanting to see a negative.  Do you have any cheap sticks?  Not knowing much about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Clomid moves around AF and could cause spotting.  When you go on and off BCP it can cause spotting.  So I think you are right not to get your hopes up.  BUT... sounds like you are a couple days late.  So tempting.

My DH and I have firmly decided not to pursue IVF for #2.  Given our really low chances and high probability of only one treatment opportunity... I just think I'd be a mess when/if it failed.  I know so few that it worked on their first try.  I'm actually really, really happy and at peace with this decision.  Maybe its because my DS has just been awesome lately, and I'm just so happy to have him in our lives that I feel like "who could ask for more?"  I know I'm still O'ing as I'm getting AF every 26-28 days (and actually saw a ton of EWCM this cycle, very rare for me)... I know DH still has some swimmers as he is just under "normal."  So, if fate and whomever out there thinks we should have another, it will happen.  Otherwise we are an awesome family of three with a really cool little boy.  I'm 37 1/2 - so we'll just keep 'not preventing' and see what happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Chiclet - I don't really know anything about Clomid, but is it possible that AF is just really light this cycle? I've had several cycles with AF presenting as spotting and still got my bfp. If you want to test but don't want to use a real one, you could try an opk. It should be pretty dark or even positive if you are pg then you can know whether it's safe to use a real test.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, LH and hCG are similar enough that the OPKs can turn up positive from hCG instead of LH.  If you have one of those lying around go for it.

IPW, thanks. Yes, it's just qualitative; I'm assuming it will be pretty dark since in over 3 years we haven't gotten pregnant more than that one time a long time ago when I had the chemical pregnancy.  DH hasn't been tested, but I'm happy let him take the lead on his part of the deal because I know we won't DO anything about whatever it tells us so it's more of a curiosity thing in our case...and I'm not that curious.

ETA:  Meant to mention I'm glad, too, for your peace with your family, IPW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ipw - congrats on figuring out your game plan and moving forward!  glad you are at peace with the decision.  ahhhh (sigh of relief).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

IPW - Congratulations on your decision. You must feel so relieved. 

I tested this morning, of course it was negative. I feel like AF is coming at any moment, so I'm just going to pick up my second round of Clomid tonight and move forward. Maybe we're meant to have an Aquarius baby... :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can you take Clomid if you are pregnant without harming the pregnancy?  It might be too early to get a bfp.  I have no idea if Clomid would do anything bad to a pregnancy, and I know you have to time taking it just right, but just thinking that you might be pregnant despite still getting a bfn.