August 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Re: August 2011

tc - that's great news! I'm not sure if I knew you were that far along. My donor starts her stims this Friday. Projected ER is the 16th. Keep your fingers crossed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, ajuly! Yes, it's definitely a little funny that my boston.com VFs know before anyone else (except for DH and my best friend) - but honestly, I don't know how I would have gotten through the past year without my VFs' support! I haven't told many people IRL about our TTC struggles, and I don't know anyone IRL who's gone through the same stuff, so b.com and babycenter communities have been invaluable.

tc, that is wonderful news!! So happy for you. And my fingers are crossed for rhm. How many embryos are you planning to transfer?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

tang, that was a big discussion. After many talks with DH and 1 with the RE, we decided to do 2 if it's day 3 and 1 if it's day 5. Praying for one happy and healthy baby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlitzyCity. Show GlitzyCity's posts

Congratulations Tangerine!

Novem, I'm doing the wondfo OPK strips and test twice per day. For me, they don't gradually get darker and darker each day til they match the control line. They're more unpredictable than that. Some afternoons/evenings I'll get nothing, just stark white. Then I might get a very light line. Then nothing again. Then maybe a ghost of a line. Then nothing. On and on like that. Then, probably a day or so before I ov, the test line really fills out and becomes very visible and definitely colored and remains that way for maybe 24 hours.

BUT, my test line has never been WHOLLY as dark or darker than the control line. At first glance it looks lighter than the control line. But when I look carefully, there's one thin dark streak in the test line that is AS dark as the control line. So for me, personally, that's my "positive". I know I'm ov-ing because I'm temping.

Stick with the OPKs for a few cycles and I bet you'll get used to how they work for you. I found my OPKs obnoxious and confusing at first, but got used to them. Of course, it'd be really nice if you didn't have to deal with the OPKs anymore due to a BFP!! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's good info Glitz.  Thanks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: August 2011:
    tang, that was a big discussion. After many talks with DH and 1 with the RE, we decided to do 2 if it's day 3 and 1 if it's day 5. Praying for one happy and healthy baby.
    Posted by rhm327

RHM, what's the difference between day 3 and day 5 (I mean besides the fact that day 5 is two days later)?  If you don't mind answering, I'm just curious.

AFM, I'm absolutely exhausted today.  I'm hoping that's a good sign.  I know CD 23 is a little early to be affected by exhaustion but I've considered sleeping under my desk more than once today.

Without starting a debate, what's everyone's POV on caffeine during the 2ww?  I have my morning coffee each day and while I will be down sizing from my current large order once PG I haven't done anything about that in the 2ww.  Normally all I need is that one coffee but today I don't think I couldn't have made it through the day without more caffeine.  I grabbed a large tea this afternoon too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I hope your exhaustion is a good sign clc.  As for caffiene, I personally haven't changed my habits in the 2ww, but I also don't usually consume a lot - a tea or iced coffee most mornings and a post-dinner cup of tea. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't alter my caffeine intake during the 2ww, but I, too, consume far less than the controversial amount.  If I were to have a habit of drinking over 300 mg/day, I'd reduce it to that.  And, not just for the 2ww - who wants to go through caffeine withdrawal every 2 weeks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

clc, on day 1, they see which eggs fertilized and then they monitor them to see how well they are dividing. If they get lots of eggs dividing, they can wait until day 5 to pick out the best ones at that point. If they don't have a ton of good eggs, they will put some back on day 3. Pros on putting them back early are they are inside you where they can do better since it's in their natural environment. However, pros on day 5 are that they can have them further along and pick out the truly best ones. They usually put less in the further you are along. I'm probably not explaining this the best way. Can others chime in (like lil)? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

It pretty amazing what science (medical field) can do these days.  rhm and lil I wish you both the best of luck.

Thinking of all of you ladies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

clc, I didn't change my caffeine habits during the 2ww either. I also am a one-cup-a-day girl, so I stuck to that. Post-bfp, I've switched to decaf. Fingers crossed that yesterday's exhaustion is a good sign for you...I've definitely been feeling wiped out the past several days! Keep us posted :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

CLC- FWIW, drs, etc. say that 100-300 mg of caffeine/day is absolutely fine.  I can understand that everyone has their own level of comfort with caffeine during pg, so once you get a BFP obviously do what you feel best about.  During the 2ww, however, I agree with the other ladies that you don't need to cut caffeine.  Then again, I'm a 1 cup a day person and I happily drank it through the first 7 weeks of pg and then my body stopped letting me have my caffeine beginning at week 7 (the smell and taste make me nauseous... oh how I miss it though!).  Good luck and I hope the exhaustion is a good sign for you!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

The only thing I would add to RHM's day 3 versus day 5 is that some centers are more expert at freezing at day 3 or blastocyst stage.  So it depends on the center as well.  The argument for the later day is that it is a better quality embryo.  The argument for the earlier is that some embryos may thrive in utero but die in the petri dish so you may miss out on those. 

If one thinks about it too much, you can drive yourself crazy!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thank you both for your explanations.  Oh the wonders of TTC...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

It's quiet here... how's everyone doing in the TTC world?

AFM, CD 29... trying to wait until this weekend to test considering my normal cycle is 34-36 days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

haha, clc - I started a "how is everyone" a little bit ago, but had to abandon it (darn work).  fingers crossed for you.

I'm CD 23, and have had faint lines of varying color intesity since day 14.  Its possible that somewhere in there I had a dark line within the faint line like Glitzy said and just didn't know to look for it that way.  Mental note for next month, if needed.  All my bloodwork from my physical last week came back normal, so I'll take that as good news.

How are you feeling, Tang?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Wow, it is quiet over here [tumbleweed blows by...] Clc, my fingers are crossed for you! How are you feeling? Are you still tired?

I'm feeling good, thanks, Nov! Almost a little too good...I'd love some nausea or something to reassure myself :) I'm about 5 weeks, though, which I guess might be a little early for major symptoms. Just sore b00bs, occasional cramps, and a little tired, but nothing crazy.

Nov, that's great that all your testing came back a-ok. I've heard that OPKs can be a little tricky to get the hang of. How long are your cycles usually?

Tomarra, how are you doing? Did you start cycle 5 of clomid? Have you met with your RE?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy to hear you are feeling good Tang. Be be careful wishing for " a little nausea" - you know what they say.  After all you have been through to get pg, I hope you have an easy breezy uneventful pregnancy.

AFM - very intersting development on the Nov homefront yesterday: an OPK+ !  I wan't even going to test given how late in the cycle it is and all the faint lines, but I had had increased CM and was crampy yesterday and figured what the heck.  Sure enough, it was definitely a very dark line.  woo hoo! 

So, hopefully its just a late O this month (maybe b/c of the weight loss?) and I can get through the next 14 days or so without AF showing up.  I looked back through my calendar and based on the symptoms I was keeping track of, I have probably been pretty close to guessing my O date.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good catch on the OPK, Nov!  I would guess you have a fun few days ahead of you. 

Tang, I don't really want to wish nausea on you but perhaps another pregnancy symptom to ease your mind.

I'm feeling pretty good.  Not nearly as tired as before but so bloated.  At CD 32 now, I almost broke down and tested this morning but I'm trying to hold off for now.  I've been dealing with mild nausea for days now but I'm pretty sure I'm making it up so trying not to feel excited about that.  It seems like I can make myself feel every pregnancy symptom with enough brain power so I'm trying to focus on getting to the weekend.

Hope all is going well with Tomarra and her next clomid cycle.

How about everyone else?  Kar, you still with us? RHM? Lil?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

I'm in a holding pattern right now. My u/s yesterday showed my lining is good. Waiting to hear how donor is doing. As of Tuesday, she had multiple follies on both ovaries. Projected ER is next Tuesday.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Wow, clc, you are strong holding off testing.  Fingers adn toes crossed for you!

All good signs for you, rhm!  GL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, hoping your symptoms are real - GL this weekend!

Yup, still here.  Nothing to report, though.  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, crossing my finger and toes for you.

nov, Who would have thought one would get so excited seeing a +OPK!  Wishing you the best of luck this cycle.

rhm, lil, kar and otherS that I may have missed...you’re all in my thoughts!

Tan, I glad your feeling well and all is moving smoothly.  When you do have your 1st 

u/s?

AFM, I’m still feeling lousy off and on since my last post.  I called the doctor’s on monday thinking I was having migraine(s) but they refuse to give meds because I may be pg.  I really do not feel that I’m pg even though everyone seems to think so.  Plus, my temp dropped 0.5 degrees right after I ov’ed.  Granted, they went back up again and so far still raising.  I guess I figure if I was really pg...I would know.

Our appointment with the RE was ok.  He basically said that with the clomid & trigger shot we had a 75% chance of getting pg and we haven’t yet.  He feel‘s that we should one clomid cycle but add in IUI.  If that does work, he does not to do a regular IUI with injectable because he feels that I will produce too many follicles which will cause them to cancel the cycle.  So, if that doesn’t work, our next step will be IVF.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tomarra, sorry you're struggling so much.  the migraine could be a sign itself of pg, and you might NOT just "know" or feel you're pg even if you are.  Hoping!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Tomarra - funny story about migraines and positive pregnancy tests.  I ALWAYS get a  migraine with my periods.  Well, after the frozen transfer donor cycle last year I had such a migraine so I knew I was going to get my period.  I already took a relpax - didn't help and I was desperate.  I was going to take my dog's ultram (pain medication) so that I could sleep.  I decided I would take a urine pregnancy test first.  That was the only time I have EVER seen a positive and now I have DD.  So, you never know.  I also don't understand how my body knows to get a migraine when I am on hormones at the time.  Anyway...

We had a failed frozen transfer this last week so back to the drawing board again.

I have my fingers crossed for everyone and sending big follie thoughts to RHM!

Sections
Shortcuts