August TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Re: August TTC

Tc - Good to hear you are on your way and already did the seminar. That is great. 
    That is really weird about the other person with frozen and not fresh.  I think the stats are close to 50+% with fresh and like 28% with frozen.  I guess we are changing those statistics!  My donor source contact was Sheryl and she was great.  I also have an attorney who was terrific if you need the name.  I have mentioned this before but the psych evaluation was incredibly helpful for my husband.  I think it normalized the process and he was able to talk about some of his concerns (since most of the communication with the professionals tends to be through me).  I thought it would be a waste of time but really found it to be a bonding experience.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Luck, After reading your posts and talking to some of my friends who have various issues, I may be interested in donating eggs someday.  I know you're not a complete expert, but you know more than anyone else I know!  I would want to wait until after having our kids, so I'd probably be 33-34 by the time I was ready.  Would they even want my eggs at that point?  Are most of the donors younger?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have no idea if 33 is officially too old to donate, but I know if I were going that route, paying big bucks and needing to succeed in as few attempts as possible, I'd get 18 - 25 year old eggs.  Why would I pay for eggs that are on the flip side?  (Couldn't resist the little joke, forgive me.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's pretty much what I was thinking, Kar.  Why would they want 33 yo egs when they could have 20 yo eggs?  But it's crazy to think of someone so young making a decision like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mm, but college kids will do anything for money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Fram,

I won't give up on the thought all together...in future you be willing to donate to a family member or friend. 

Sorry the last part got deleted...It would be less about age and more about genetics, the person & their personality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's a good reminder, tomarra.  Part of why I started thinking about this is that my brother's wife expects to have issues.  For her, I don't think it will be the eggs, but we'll see how it goes for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Not sure if buying the 25 pack of pg. tests from Amazon was a good thing or a bad thing. I am 12 or 13 DPO, and with the tests sitting around I couldn't wait. Yesterday there was a VERY faint line, that DH said, that's nothing. He said if he poas it that line would probably come up.  Today it was darker, and you can see a line, but still really faint.  I may be reading too much into it, but here's hoping!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH is mistaken.  A very faint line is a postive result!!!  Test tomorrow and confirm that it wasn't a chemical pregnacy.  Yes, TOMORROW, you can wait!  ;)  Hoping for a darker line tomorrow!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Yay!  ajuly, a line is a line! :)  That's awesome! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrats ajuly!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks... I tried to tell him that, but he didn't believe me. Maybe he is getting confused with the OP strips, where the lines had to match exactly.  I am trying not to get too excited yet, as I know it is early, and it could be chemical.  I'll use another strip tomorrow, then on saturday I'll use the test I bought at the store, which I think is more sensitive than the strips that I bought. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

You should give your doctor a call and see if they will do a blood test...it may give you both a piece of mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

ajuly--my DH was the same way the first time I got pregnant.  He shrugged and said he'd believe it when the doctor's office confirmed it.

Next time around, I got some of the tests that say "pregnant" or "not pregnant" instead of the line.  That was harder for him to dispute :)  (Plus, I'd been on clomid, so it was more believable to begin with!)

Fingers are crossed for you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

ajuly, YAY!!!! That's what happened to me - I waited a few days to even tell/show DH because my line was so faint! But it is a line! I'm so excited for you!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a very healthy sticky bean. :-)

Oh and at 13DPO I did go and get it confirmed witha blood test so if you want some more peace of mind, I recommend it!

I am loving the August TTC! Let's keep these good vibes going...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats ajuly!  Hope the line gets darker and darker!

P.S.  I think you should tell DH to go ahead and prove he'd get a line too :o)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Yay ajuly!  And a line is a line!!!  But, if you want one of those digital ones, there is no mistaking things then.  I was queen of multiple tests, multiple brands both times b/c I would always get antsy and test early and then get paranoid that I tested too early and was risking a chemical.  There are just some brands that have a faint postive line no matter how many dpo or past AF you are... particularly the tests that are two pink lines in my experience.  The blue +/- are a little clearer, but then the digital are most definitive. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Blood tests are no more accurate - they are only more precise.  The HPT tells you IF there is any hCG in your system.  The blood test tells you HOW MUCH there is.  You can have peace of mind from the EPT line that you have hCG in your blood.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

It was peace of mind for me, that there was a substantial amount of HCG and more than my faint line was letting on. It may not be a scientific approach, but emotionally, it made me feel more confident in my pregnancy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Congrats ajuly!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks ladies. 
    I think I will make DH poas tonight. Seriously.  The tests are like $.30 each. So, that's another reason I am having a hard time believing, they're so cheap.  I'll use the real thing tomorrow or Saturday.  If I do get a darker line tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll call my dr. so I don't have to wait till after the weekend to get a blood test if need be. 

ETA: On the reviews of the strips on Amazon, some girl tested it with her dog's urine. Uh..I'm not that crazy. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm kind of curious about the blood test.  When I called my doctor, they didn't give me any options; they just said OK here is your appointment around 8+ weeks.  I guess it would be different if you were unsure and wanted them to confirm the BFP?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

ajuly, if you call your PCP he/she should be able to order you a bloodtest.  That's the route I went, and my PCP had me come in, gave me a quick check-up, took the blood, etc.  It was fantastic! 

Isn't it even better when you're getting a line on a cheap test that isn't as sensitive?  Let us know if DH is expecting!  LOL!  That is awesome-- you totally need to get him to poas... and update us tomorrow. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Fram, I had to ask for one to confirm and they said to come on in. No apointment necessary. I could probably go every day if I wanted to. Not that I thought about it...

And I think (But could be wrong) that the blood test might become standard after a loss. Some doctors like to monitor your HCG levels to make sure things are progressing normally, which sort of just adds more stress to the situation b/c it isn't like they could DO anything about it if they aren't progressing...

ajuly, I wonder if the dog ended up being pregnant? do you think dogs have HCG when they are  prego or is that only a human hormone? I'm kind of curious about this now... :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

HCG = HUMAN Chorionic Gonadotropin.

So, dogs definitely don't have it :)

BUT from what I know with a biochem background and NO actual research, I would expect them to produce something very similar (canine chorionic gonadotropin?) since they're mammals.  I would expect its structure to be mostly conserved across species given its function, so it is plausible that if its structure is similar enough to HCG, and if the test is looking for a part of the molecule that is conserved across species, then it could pick up a pregnancy in a dog.

So...that's my guess :)