August TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: August TTC

Scorpio, sorry to hear that and that you are hanging on by your fingernails waiting to release all that tension and disappointment. 

Did the doctor tell him there ARE things he can do to increase his count?  It's no myth about weaing boxers, for instance, instead of tighty whities.  There are vitamins as well as the drugs KAM mentioned available, too.

Thinking of you even though this post probably isn't all that helpful.  Big hug (by the way, my dyslexic self wrote "Bug hig" first)!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Hi ladies,
    Scorpio - sorry to hear about your news. Hopefully there's something that they can do to help with your DH's issue.

Prill - I'm totally with you on the surrounded by pg women theme. I'm happy for them all- including all those on here who have had success- but boy does it get hard to see sometimes. I'm biding time until we can move ahead with a donor egg cycle and have been trying desperately to not think too much about the baby stuff for the past few weeks.  Hard to do when half my office is currently pg.

Luck- that would be great if you could recommend the lawyer you used for the donor process.  The ones Boston IVF mentioned were Susan Crockin or Kathy Delisle - any chance it's one of them?

Have a great weekend everyone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

FWIW my doctor told me that DH should treat TTC like the woman would, cut down on caffeine and alcohol.  I guess any little thing is worth a shot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Friends of mine were told the same thing about the guy cutting back on caffeine and alcohol.  They TTC'd for 2 years and now have a 6 month old DD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Scorpio - You may find that after talking with RE that you do not need to proceed with a donor but rather, IVF.  Given your cycles and your husbands counts this might be a good next option.  It takes a lot less sperm for IVF than IUI or regular conception (whatever that is).  It would have been a harder decision for me to use a sperm donor rather than an egg donor.  That being said, I don't think you are there and I think you still have lots of options.  They can even do ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) where they inject one sperm into the egg.  Personally, with your cycles, I would pursue seeing an RE.  Ultimately, they may have your husband see a urologist but you may also be able to bypass that if you need to do IVF regardless. Hope that makes sense.

Tc - Susan Crockin was great.  That is who we used. I am glad to hear you are moving along -albeit too slowly I am sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Scorpio - A word of caution if you do go the IVF or ICSI route - have DH checked for microdeletions on the Y chromosome. That is a potential cause of low sperm count, and if you do go on to have a son, you will pass the microdeletions, and infertility on to him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

prill - FYI - if your DH's sp&rm count is good, you might think about doing the deed the old fashioned way aruond the time you ovulate in addition to the IUI.  i woudlnt' have gotten PG my 2nd month on clomid if i had waited for the OPK and IUI (which didn't hapen that month!  tho it did the month before...).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Prill--just want to echo Stefani about not relying too heavily on the OPKs.  I also got pregnant with fraternal twins (ovulated twice) while on clomid and the OPKs never detected a surge even though I was testing 2ce a day and for a longer time-frame. 

Thinking good thoughts for you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks Stefani and Daisy!  I'm sure DH will be thrilled with this advice!!! (okay, and maybe I am a just a little bit too...!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderingsoul. Show wonderingsoul's posts

Scorpio,

I'm a long time lurker, Ive never posted, But I experienced 10 yrs of infertility until I was able to find the right help. Our infertility was related to my then husbands low count. We went through Reproductive Science Center of Boston. They used a procedure called ICSI.. They actually take the Sp*rm and inject it directly into the egg. After 10 yrs of trying, I was pregnant 6 months after my first appt with them. Im the proud mother of 10 yr old twins. So, there is plenty of options out there for you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Hi,
    I am a lurker as well.  My DH and I have been trying for 10 months, we are both 37 and all our tests came back normal.  We are starting Clomid and IUI this cycle, so hoping that works.  I go for the baseline ultrasound tomorrow.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Not much to report here but wanted to wish you ladies the best of luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

So a Clomid question.... I have read on here and elsewhere (including wedoct, above) that people have baseline ultrasounds taken at some point during a clomid/IUI cycle.  I have not had this?  Nor has the Dr.  made any mention of it?  So, what is it, and am I supoosed to be having one?  Other than heaps of blood work, all I have had is an HSG.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i didn't have whatever that baseline US was... would be interested to know!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

stefani, I'm beginning to think we might be twins.... both clomid, both acupuncture, neither got an US, and you saw/see Dr. Hornsetin too, right?  This is getting spooky..! 

Hopefully I have the same luck as you!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Just wanted to welcome all of the lurkers!  Wishing all of you all the best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Ha - thanks, fram, for letting us peer out of the woodwork... :)  I'm a lurker too, and like Katel, will start TTC next cycle...woo!  (I'll jump on board officially on the September thread!) 

I think I've said it before, but like with the wedding message boards, I have been so glad to lurk for a few months (ahem, years) before getting engaged and now TTC!  You gals are such a wealth of knowledge. 

Fram, I've been cheering you on through your first tri behind my computer screen...I sound so sketchy!  It's fun to follow you ladies and send you all happy thoughts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Sprout!
    Reading all of these threads (for both wedding and baby) really is so helpful.  A friend who recently had a baby shares info with me and I think to myself that I totally already know all that from you ladies, but I play nice and say thank you of course :o)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Welcome to the newbies! Sprout good to see you on here! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Prill - I had baseline u/s' and usually another u/s after taking the chlomid after like 5 days to see where my eggs were and if I was ready for the hcg injection or not.  My understanding from my dr was they wanted to know where I as starting so they could monitor the eggs to make sure they matured enough to have the hcg to give me the most success. One time, our second cycle I think, I went in for an u/s the egg wasn't ready and I went back a couple days later for another u/s and then they gave me the hcg injection. I have a friend starting chlomid now though and her dr did not do any u/s' or anything. 

Then I only did bloodwork when I got the BFP to monitor hcg levels.  They did this when I was on chlomid and when I  moved up to the gonal-f injections.  Another friend of mine who did the injections only, no chlomid, did have bloodwork done like everyday and I don't think she had any u/s'. 

Maybe monitoring the bloodwork is in place of the u/s' but does the same type of thing making sure you are ready after taking the chlomid?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

It sounds like I recieved the same info as Live.  My dr. told me the baseline was so that they could see where my eggs were and how many follicles were developing.  I have to go back after the 5 days of Clomid for an u/s and they said I will have an u/s and bloodwork every other day until the egg(s) are matured and then I need to inject Ovidrel (not sure I spelled that right) to start the ovulation.  I am a bit nervous about doing the injection myself!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks Wed & LLLE.  As there isn't a problem with my egg production/follies I am assuming that I don't have to have this U/S.  I just have 5 days of clomid, then start using Ov. predictor kit and go in for IUI on the day it changes (and the next day).

Thanks guys!  I was worried there for a moment that something must have fallen through the cracks!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

2ww for me... anyone else right now?

Finally broke down and rescheduled my re-consult with the RE.  3rd cycle post MC.  So, if this month isn't the month, I'm considering moving forward with IVF.  Hoping it's still approved.  Last indication was tubal factor.  Since I got PG on our own, I hope they don't consider that null & void....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Boston.com isn't letting me start a new thread at the moment so I will just ask here... 

If you are taking a folic acid supplement, is it wreaking havoc on your system like it is mine?  My lower GI does NOT like it at all.  Just wondering if anyone else is having the same discomfort like I am! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Hi Sprout.  I take a pre-natal with additional iron and folic acid and, other than BRIGHT yellow pee, it doesn't upset my stomach.

Maybe try taking it at night and sleep through the side effects?

Sections
Shortcuts