August TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: August TTC

Also, another Clomid question - for those who have taken it, how long did it take for you to develop any side effects?  I started 100mg this morning and so far, I feel perfectly fine....  hopefully this continues!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

prill - your twin here... ;) i didn't have any clomid side effects that i remember, so def. nothing major.  the only weird thing i remember was a couple days after my IUI i went to the bathroom and (warning - gross) a big splotch of bright red blood came out - weird.  called the nurse and they said to monitor it - never happened again - i think it must have been something that happened from IUI.  anyway then when i got PG there was no IUI involved, and haven't seen a drop of blood in that region since! 

i hope clomid works for you!!!  i was disappointed when it didn't work my first round, but it worked the 2nd.  isn't it exciting though to be taking the bull by the horns and doing something proactive?  that's how i felt at least.  GL!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Prill,
    Someone mentioned recently that if your pee is bright colored, it may mean you are peeing out the nutrients, as in not absorbing them.  Anyone recall which thread that was on?  May have even been this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Hey Ladies! Something funny that I learned in one of my psychopharm classes a while that sticks with me...the professor said, "Americans have the most expensive urine in the world"! What he meant by that is that we use up what vitamins we can, and the rest we pee out. So, our urine contains a bunch of vitamins (among other things!). This is why your pee is neon...it doesn't necessarily mean that you're not absorbing them in a bad way, it may just mean that you've absorbed what you need and are peeing out the rest...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Lil- have you tried the taking it before bed route? When I was at target, I noticed they had brand of prenatal vitamins that were easy on the stomach, they came in a white box, don't know the brand sorry. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Katel!  I meant to mention that bright pee could also mean you didn't need all of the stuff in the multi.
    I drink so much water my pee is FAR from neon!  I hope that doesn't mean that my diet is such crap that I'm the only one who needs all the vitamins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Yup - I take my vitamins with dinner.  I now get gas-like pains/cramping about an hour after I eat, so they happen about three times a day!  It's definitely lower GI and not upper (i.e. large intestine vs. stomach...sorry TMI!). 

I took a week off from the folic acid and they stopped... and the second I took another one (last night), the pains started right back up!  I may just hold off on the supplement since I get 400ug from my Flintstone chewable anyway...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Prill - I never had any side affects on chlomid

Nor did folic acid ever bother me but I always took it with my prenatal vitamin when I went to bed. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Sprout,  I'm going to give one more shout-out for my sublingual folic acid (with B vitamins-supposedly good to prevent MS) that I got at Trader Joe's.  If it's a GI side effect, dissolving under the tounge might do the trick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I have been on 50mg of Clomid for the past 2 days and have had a headache ever since.  Also have uncomfortable gas pains.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

I received a letter form my health insurance the other day.  I am partly annoyed and partly encouraged by it.  First of all I did have a negative blood test for pregnacy and I did have a pelvic u/s but the reason listed for the u/s was change in menses.

So this letter is touting a new program called Reproductive Resource Service for those that may be experiencing infertility.  Now I don't know if they are sending it to all their female subscribers in a specifc age range or if they datamined my medical records and saw the combo of the u/s (which was first) and the blood test (I don't know if they would know the results of it or not.)

It is kind of encouraging in one respect, but at the same time while I logically know that they are free to datamine etc it still creeps me out a bit.  Because we have a few health plans offered at work it is not like I can just ask a few co workers if they received the same letter.  Another slight cause for concern (possibly misplaced) is that my company was bought in July and part of the sale was that we would keep our health care through 12/31/10 which is what our coverage would have covered if we were not sold.  So open enrollement is probably in November and there hasn't been a peep from HR about the health plans that may be offered so I may not even have the same plan as of January 1 anyway.  Grrr I just feel kind of used, regardless of if the feeling is logical or not.  Thanks for letting me vent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I didn't have any side effects from clomid either.  I was expecting to b/c of all the horror stories I had heard about crazy mood swings among other things...but I didn't. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Day 4 of Clomid today - and afetr expecting to spend the weekend in pain and miserably shouting at DH - I have been remarkably side effect free.  Yippeee!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Prill...I'm gald you hear you had no side effect so far.  I hope this month will be your month.

wedoc...I hope your feeling better.  Wishing you the best of luck.

I hope all is well with the rest on the board.  As for me it's my second day after finishing the provera pills and I'm waiting on AF to come.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, Prill, happy to hear you aren't suffering (and neither is DH!). :)

I was away this week and figured it wasn't worth doing the strips.  So, this month will be a total surprise.  We "randomly" BD'd at the beginning and end of the usual window, but neither of us were thinking about that at the time, lol, given that we hadn't tested.  So, I guess I'm in the 2ww.  Feels odd to not know what day was the magic one after all these months knowing exactly when.  Maybe this is the break we needed from the process that so many people say led them to a bfp.

Good luck to all!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Good luck Kar!! Maybe not focusing on it too much will work in your favor! I'm rooting for ya! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Felt much better over the weekend, maybe the headache and gas pains weren't the result of the Clomid.  I finished the pills yesterday, now I wait for an ultrasound on Wednesday and schedule the IUI.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

AF has finally arrived and I'm hurting.  Will be keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you ladies!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Kar - I agree with ajuly. I hear the month you don't try is when it works for some. Do you normally O around the same time every month?

ajuly - I hope it was just a fluke. Can't wait to hear about your u/s and find out when IUI is. KMFX!!!

tomarra - Glad she finally arrived. KMFX for you this cycle!!!

AFM - I have an appt with my OB tomorrow to find out what the next steps are. I had an u/s last month with my MW and I guess everything was fine. She didn't really mention anything about it. Just that I need to exercise and stay away from processed food (which I already know and have been trying to limit). I think she'll be great while I'm pg, but don't think she'll be much help getting me pg. We'll see. I'm kind of nervous. AF should be here Friday if she is coming based on my chart, but I'm not really sure if I actually O this month. Can you ladies take a look and let me know what you think?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29cc33

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I O any day between CD9 and CD15 so it's a total crap shoot - best chances ever! ;)

Thanks for your well wishes, everyone!  And, back at you.  I feel for the girls on AF in pain. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Twin I don't think you did, and I am sorry about that, but I am not an expert.  I had a chart that looked like that it was my May chart then I had AF so that cycle was like 36 for me if I remember correctly.  The next chart was started in early June and I am still charting 70+ days now and my temp had one or two spikes but for the most part I run about 96.8-97.1 in the mornings. 

I really hope that I am wrong and you did O.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Thanks, Scorpio. If I didn't, this will be the 3rd maybe 4th cycle in 12 months that I didn't. Hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Oh man, I have become really lame.... I finished my Clomid today, and tomorrow morning start p33ing on a stick each day to (hopefully) see my LH surge...
    And I am actually excited about waking up tomorrow and doing this! What have I become?? When did this happen?? Aaaaggghhh!

:o)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Twin... I'm not an exert on charting but for me I OV'ed when my temperature went above 98.  On your past charts...counting 14 days back from AF...what was your average temp?  I would used that average temp to determined if you OV or not.  At least that's what I did and the RE confirmed as well.

Prill...it crazy even though I'm hurting I'm glad AF is here so that I move on to my next cycle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Prill, it's so nice to feel like you're DOING something!!