Count of the swimmers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Count of the swimmers

Have anyone gone through the process of having their male counter part's swimmers counted?  If so how long before you get the results back?  We have an appointment scheduled and we didn't think to ask about how long it would take for the results to come back and quite frankly I don't want to call just to ask that one question.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Re: Count of the swimmers

Contingency planning of course!  Seriously there is so much time spent waiting for results of tests that having an idea of when to expect results really does help to set expectations.  It is piece of mind kind of thing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Has he already, erm, submitted them?

My DH did his, we got the results at our next appointment that was three weeks later.

Unfortunately (?) the doctor told us they were "excellent", thus making sure he (DH) kept walking round the next few days proclaiming "I'm the man".   Boys will be boys.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Scorpio, I don't remember exactly how quickly DH got his results-- I want to say it was about a week?  For us, it was good to know whether or not we should BD every day or every other day, and just to plan in general.  That excellent result is reassuring-- at least one possible issue is crossed off the list.  I would suggest you just call the doctor's office to find out for sure-- it's a legitimate question.  Good luck!

Prill, months later, my DH is still strutting around talking about his above average swimmers!  LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

No he hasn't submitted them yet the earliest available appointment they had is still a few weeks away.

And yes there is contingency planning for us.  We have made the choice that if the numbers were not good then we were not interested in pursuing a donor nor were we interested in pursuing adoption.  That being said our contingency is that the money that we have been saving to cover my time off for maternity leave, and the money we have been saving for daycare and other expenses will be spent on other things, namely some renovations.

For us finding out those numbers really does mean that it could well be the end of a cycle for us.  Knowing when we will find out if the numbers are good just tells us that we move to the next stage of this crazy fertility maze or if they are bad then it means that we exit the maze.  If we exit the maze it will mean the end of cycles of the emotional roller coaster of hope, fear, frustration and sadness.  It will mean that it will truly be time for us to mourn and time for us to begin to find new ways fill our days and look for new dreams to dream.

So while you may mean well, for me your responses seem flip and dismissive.  I am well aware of the need for patience, and that I cannot control the results of the test.  There is so much that is out of my control that I happen to like to know how long it takes for tests to come back. There is no sense in worrying about a result now, but if I know that they come back in three days yes that does give me piece of mind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbg109. Show mbg109's posts

Scorpio, don't pay any attention to some-guy.  He is just an awful, frustrated poster, not worth any of your time. 

This is a huge decision for you and DH, and clearly you need all the information you can get your hands on.  Please call your doctor-- this is you life, they are there to answer your questions.  (That's why your insurance pays them!)  I hope that your DH gets positive results, and we are all here to support you!  (It's just a shame that some people need to come on here and minimize your concerns.  But again, don't pay them any attention!)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Yeah we are not interested in IUI or IVF donor or no donor.  Believe me we have thought about our options and yes we are pretty darn sure it will be the end of the road.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Scorpio - I hope that everything goes well with the testing.  I don't remember how long it took probably because I was positive my husband was not the problem so I knew it wasn't going to change much for us.  Truthfully, the IUIs and IVFs were actually less invasive/painful/time consuming than I thought they would be but I certainly understand that you guys have decided not to pursue any of the above.  Our reasoning for donor was that it would be less expensive than adoption and we would potentially have enough for siblings. Of course, I understand many people have ethical issues with ivf/iui/+ or - donor.    I truthfully think that if we had to decide on donor sp*erm versus donor egg that would have been harder for both of us.   I ultimately just wish you guys the best of luck for whatever you choose!