Detox before TTC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiffonade. Show chiffonade's posts

Detox before TTC?

Did anyone do this? I'm not talking drastic, just wondering if anyone did anything to "cleanse" your system before starting TTC?

Thanks!
    chiff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Re: Detox before TTC?

Nope, as far as I know, my liver is functioning normally!  I think it can take care of any toxins in my system.  I'd be more focused on having a well-balanced diet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

and taking prenatal vitamins..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If I smoked or drank a lot I would.  My aunt is a chiropractor and nutrionist and only works with the Standard Process Purification System.  You cannot buy it unless you are a health practioner; it's the real deal.  Someone she just treated with it started having hallucinations.  Come to find out he hid the fact that a few years ago he'd tried LSD and didn't have any idea the purification process would draw out the drug that was hanging around in his tissues.  Oops.

Anyway, I have done it, but something in the supplements triggers my asthma.  Maybe it's my own toxins being flushed out, but whatever it is, I get bronchitis every time.  So, this year just DH did it.

Before you ask, no my aunt cannot prescribe it for you; she's 500 miles away and requires for non-family to be able to monitor the progress of her patients on it for reasons like the case above.  However, you can call local chiropractic offices in this area and see if they use Standard Process.

www.standardprocess.com (Purification Kit) has all the info on it, but like I said, no order ability.

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Please just remember - natural does not mean safe.  Poppies bring us heroin, coca leaves bring us cocaine and so on.
    There certainly is no medical data supporting much except for prentals for sure, possibly caffeine less than about 250 mg per day,not drinking during pregnancy, not smoking and maintaining a normal body mass index. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Honestly?  no ... I don't really believe in system "cleanses."  And I'd be very leery of any sort of herbal program that claims to cleanse you out.  I don't smoke, I exercise and I'm generally healthy, so the only things I've steered clear of now that we're back on the TTC merry-go-round is tuna, swordfish ... anything that comes bearing mercury.  But the occasional glass of wine, some soft cheese, a turkey sandwich?  Until I get my BFP, bring it. 

Unless you need to quit smoking or peel the bottle of Jack out of your hands, I'd say just ramp up the folic acid intake, eat healthy and enjoy. 

Sections
Shortcuts