February TTC 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

February TTC 2014

Figured I would kick off February's discussion.

I am currently in the TWW.... 5DPO. Sore BBs, Headache, and feeling a little crampy. How is everyone else doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Re: February TTC 2014

In response to KatMac27's comment:

Figured I would kick off February's discussion.

I am currently in the TWW.... 5DPO. Sore BBs, Headache, and feeling a little crampy. How is everyone else doing?

Are you trying for your first? Good luck! I had all that too...turns out it was an just early cycle :(

I'm going into month 3 off BCP. Here's hoping for the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

summerbride ~ I am trying for my second. I have a 4yo son. It took me 2 1/2 years to concieve him but I have PCOS. Hopefully this one won't take as long. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to KatMac27's comment:

summerbride ~ I am trying for my second. I have a 4yo son. It took me 2 1/2 years to concieve him but I have PCOS. Hopefully this one won't take as long. 

I have PCOS too! Not sure if there are others on these boards that do, but none that I can recall, so it's nice to find someone who can relate :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachgal68. Show beachgal68's posts

I will join the PCOS group too.

I have "a very slight case" of it, according to my RE, but I have some of the symptoms, along with LOOONG cycles. Also TTC #2. Good luck to everyone this month!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm another one for long cycles but I don't have PCOS as far as I know.  However, I've never been tested for anything so who knows really.  We started trying again this weekend.  I'm staying away from the OPKs for this month at least. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

BFN for me...going on month 5.  Im going to start the OPK's this month.  Didnt do them last month.

Good Luck for everyone else this month!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry Pugs.  Good luck with the OPKs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

PCOS reeked havoc the first time trying to concieve, it had gotten much better after I had my son so I am really hoping this time it will not interefere nearly as much as the first time lol. Wishful thinking I am sure. 

I made a boo boo yesterday at 11 dpo...... I caved and tested. Mostly because of the LACK of premenstral symptoms. I usually have a headache for three days in a row by now. No headaches but my lower back and hips were achy, woke with a sore throat and just didn't feel like myself. I tested with FMU and thought I saw a shadow of a line a faint barely there squinty line on an IC (internet cheapy) but wrote it off as my eyes playing tricks on me. Same thing this morning, faint faaint barely there shadowy looking line.... probably because I just WANT to see it lol I have seen lines like this before on IC's so I am not getting my hopes up. This ladies, is exactly why you should not test early!! I will wait a few days and test again with a FRER Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck Kat.  I've totally been there.  You think to yourself, am I actually seeing a line or am I imagining it??? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Thinking positive thoughts for you KATMAC!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

Thank you ladies..... I think I am out. AF cramps setting in and woke up with a migraine today like I always do the day before AF comes. I am not going to bother buying FRER's today. Hopefully next cycle will be the one. Good luck to everyone else this month!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachgal68. Show beachgal68's posts

KatMac any update?

AFM.... I got the HSG results back today, one tube is fine, the other one is blocked, twisted, or simply not working because of possible scar tissue from C- section with DD. Anyone ever heard of this? Very frustrating!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to beachgal68's comment:

KatMac any update?

AFM.... I got the HSG results back today, one tube is fine, the other one is blocked, twisted, or simply not working because of possible scar tissue from C- section with DD. Anyone ever heard of this? Very frustrating!

I have no experience with this or the test you had, but I'd imagine that it's not unusual for only 1 tube to be blocked. I'd think it would take a more severe (is that the right word?) scenario like really bad endometrioses for both tubes to be affected. Anyhow, is there anything they can do?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

AF came a day early, so this is not my month, onto the next 41 day cycle ~rolls eyes~ lol

beachgal~ sorry to hear about the tube. I only have one working tube as well. When I had a c section with my son I had a huge cyst wrapped around my left tube so they had to remove the entire tube. I was able to get pregnant after..... but unfortunately it ended in an early miscarriage, back in October. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachgal68. Show beachgal68's posts

Sorry to hear KatMac:( I know it is very frustrating with these long cycles! Chiclet- to answer your question,  the doctor said we could do a laprascoic exploratory surgery to see if can be fixed, but I also had a cyst on the ovary a few years ago- I had a lap to remove it. Between that and the c-section, I am not really up for more surgery to cause more (possible) scar tissue! So the plan is to start FSH/IUI cycle for April. Anyway, best wishes for everyone else this month!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Beachgal - I havent any experience with your condition.  Ill hope for the best for you with the start of FSH/IUI cycle.  I also had a c-section and am thinking the scar tissue build up might be my problem too!  If it doesnt happen for me this month, Ill be call the doctor since it will be 6 months of trying.

KatMac sorry for your news this month.  Im trying the OPK's this month maybe this might be an option for you? Maybe it would pin point ovulation time since you have long cycles?

clc - hope your enjoying your vacation :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Has anyone had luck with the OPKs were you dip a strip into a cup? Previously I've used the digital clearblue or something similar, but since they're so expensive I opted for the dip strips this month. Trouble is, I haven't got a positive. I'm also tracking on a website, and the day it predicted I would ovulate, I still didn't get a positive test. I'm wondering if I'm not doing it right, really didn't ovulate, or the strips just suck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

summer - this is the 1 st month Ive used the kind of OPKs that you decribed.  I got a positive this morning.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer that's the kind I use as well.  I have had luck getting a positive with those in the past.  I'm taking a little break from them now but they worked when I got pg in December. Hopefully you just missed it this month.  It took me a few cycles to get use to them when I was TTC with my DS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Kat - Hope next month brings good news for you!

DH and I are kind of delaying full-fledged trying for a few more months. We have a bunch of stuff coming up that it would be better if I weren't pg for (including a wedding I'm in where my dress will NOT be very forgiving), but neither of us wants to actively prevent. So, we're in an "if it happens, it happens" mode. I figure I must be somewhat secretly hoping for an "accident" if I'm on these boards.

Has anyone taken out short term disability insurance to cover a possible maternity leave? When I had DS, my employer covered 6 weeks without us paying any premiums, but my current employer just offers unpaid leave (3 mos). They've given us an option to sign up for STD insurance, and it would pay out about 70% of income for 3 months, and only costs about $11/week. I  crunched the numbers and it would be very much worth it if I had a baby anytime in the next 2 years or so, but since i didn't have to think about it last time, I was just hoping for some input. FWIW, I don't (and probably won't, considering I have a germy toddler :-)) have enough sick time built up for it to amount to much, and we don't get to carry over any vaca time so I wouldn't be able to count on that to cover much of my leave, depending on when it happened.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Well...I'm out this month. Bummer. Onto month 4!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Arcain - I have the same option for STD through my company which is paid 100% by my employer.  I do have to pay taxes on the money received.  At my last company they paid for STD and it was tax free. Something to think about.  Also, I think there was a 1 year waiting period.  Maybe you should look into it.  

Sorry summer, Im with you.  

I called to make an appointment with my doctor and she is going out on maternity leave next week!  I followed her from her last practice which would require me to deliver any future babies in a different hospital which I am kind of torn about.  I called to make an appointment with another provider and it’s going to take more than a month to get in.  That appointment would be a consultation and then I would have to make another appointment.  UGH!  I guess I’m going to stay with my current doctor’s office because I don’t want to wait that long!  

Sections
Shortcuts