February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

February TTC

Hi ladies -- January was getting a bit unwieldy, so here's this month's post!  Thinking good (if chilly) thoughts for a February filled with good news for all the TTC'rs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February TTC

Day 31 and still no BFP and no AF.  As aggrevated as I've been with my poor DH, though, I'm betting on the latter arriving very soon. :(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Sorry, Kar ... that bites, no other way around it.  :(

IPW -- I'm taking the CVS brand pre-natal that comes with a DHA supplement, but that's all I'm taking.  I wouldn't sweat not taking a DHA, though, if you're not.  You can always call the OB's office and ask them if you're worried -- there should be a nurse or someone to field your call. 

Friended me ... OK, I will go try to figure that out.  :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

I took Flintstones Complete, an additional 400mg of Folic Acid, and DHA during my pregnancy.

If the prenatals make you feel sick, the Flintstones are a good option.  My PCP suggested taking these long ago when I told her regular multi-vitamins make me sick.  Both my RE and OB "approved" of the Flintstones with an additional folic acid tablet, and both assured me that I wouldn't be missing anything by not taking actual prenatal vitamins. 

(Flintstones DO have an adult dose of everything.  In fact, for children under 6, you're only supposed to give them 1/2 a tablet.  They are marketed for kids, but if you read the label, you'll see that they're just as good as any other adult multi.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've noticed that I do get what I pay for with vitamins.  The cheaper ones always make me sick to my stomach.  It makes me wonder if I'm processing them well.

Thanks, ladies!  I wish I could stop wasting money peeing on a stick...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Hey, Kar, I felt like AF was going to arrive any second for several days after she was due, but I didn't POAS till a good 5-7 days after she was due and got the +.  I felt like she was about to show up for several days after I tested + as well.  Maybe you are just testing too soon?  Until she shows up, I'd keep your fingers crossed. 

I've been taking prescription prenatals for about 2+ years at this point. Insurance covered it, so I've just been refilling.  I also take extra supplements as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

On the vitamin question...I've been taking prescription prenatals for about 6 months.  They're a lot cheaper with insurance than the over the counter ones, and since my PCP prescribed them, I know they have everything that my doctor's practice recommends.  I've also found that I do a lot better when I take them at night.

Kar, I'm thinking good thoughts for you.  When I got my BFP last month, I didn't get a positive test until day 40...had gotten a negative at day 35 and thought that was it. 

Now off for the 3rd round of bloodwork...crossing my fingers that my HcG levels are less than 5 so we can get the okay to start trying again. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

kar - what is your cycle usually like?  waiting is the WORST!  do you have any weird feelings/indications that you might be PG or not? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Really, ALF and Luv?  I got lulled in by the "test 5 days sooner" ads.  I POAS this morning, day 31.  Hm, maybe I should lay off the booze, LOL!

stef, my cycles are anything from 28 - 33 days, but 29 is my average.  So, I figured today would not be a waste (even if the last 3 days were!).  I just don't have the will power ALF has to have tests in my possession and not use them, but it would serve me well to wait.

Nope, I'm not feeling different, but I've read that sometimes you don't have any symptoms at all......

P.S.  Luv, crossing for you, too. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Kar, my longest cycle ever was 32 days and I waited for a few days last month after that to test.  I had been using tampons prior to testing b/c I didn't want to get a surprise if I were leaving the house  to run errands or anything.  [yes, I know you aren't supposed to do that, but I used to do it all the time and I'm still alive.  lol].  I was surprised every time I took the tampon out that there was nothing there. Then I tested a few days later and got a +. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Trying not to get my hopes up here........

Anyway, I do that with tampons, too!  I hate pads and am willing to risk my life to avoid them. LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Hi everyone,

IPW: I take Nature Made Prenatals with DHA... mainly because they were on sale at Costco so I bought like 9 bottles, LOL!  There's 800 mcg Folic Acid (I hope that's enough...).  I take them right after dinner and have never felt sick (but I have gotten nauseous in the past with regular one-a-days if I dont' take with food). 

ALF and Luv: I'm curious - how/why would you be prescribed prenatals?  Are they different if they are prescription?  I guess I thought they were all pretty much the same, but I really don't know. 

Kar: sending good thoughts to you!!

AFM, I'm due for AF tomorrow.  Part of me wants to test tonight just to get it out of the way, but now that I'm reading these posts I'm thinking I should just wait... Arrgh.  Meanwhile I got together with my best girlfriends yesterday and it was all kid talk all day, which is very unusual, and was a tad difficult.  Then I went home and sat on the couch with DH and watched tv for about 3 hours (we just got back from a week away and had tons of DVR'd shows to watch) and thought, "I won't be able to do THIS when I have kids, so I'll enjoy it now!"  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I was prescribed prenatals b/c we were TTC.  The doctor recommended that I take a prenatal so that I would get enough folic acid. Actually, I was taking a multi and supplements at the time, so I  think he was  just trying to save me money.  :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

poppy, be strong, save the money!  I've spent enough for the whole board this week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Re: pre-natals -- the Rx is simply going to be cheaper and you can use the mail-in option on your prescription plan to fill for even less.  Although I will say that I have a pre-tax health savings plan, and pre-natals are an allowable expense, whereas regular multis are not.  Go figure.  The key difference in any pre-natal is the amount of folic acid (800 mcg), iron & calcium. 

Re: testing -- I HIGHLY recommend waiting until a week after AF is due.  I know it's tough, but I think you get a more accurate result.  And most people I know who got their BFP were convinced AF was imminent, for what it's worth. 

Re: onslaught of PG symptoms -- hello, Queasiness.  I had thought I'd missed you.  Ditto your friends Complete Emotional Meltdowns and Hunching Over Toilet.  Might as well make yourself at home while I sip this seltzer and pray for this day to be over. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A week?  EPTs should be open to a class action suit encouraging poor saps like me to test 5 days before AF is due!  I know they list the stats so they are immune, but I can dream of getting all that money back, right?

GC, sorry you are so ill.  My family suffers with pg, too, so I've seen how bad it can be.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Weeeeell, that's just MY approach.  I was more worried about the opposite issue: getting a BFP, but having it turn out to be a chemical pregnancy (so you get a positive, then get AF a few days late).  I'd prefer not to know if that occurred, if that makes sense.  I also had an early MC the first time we got a BFP, so that's probably anxiety masking as patience.  :)   

I'm certainly not as bad as some of my friends, but over the weekend the MS did start in earnest, although I have late-afternoon to bedtime sickness, which is fairly blech.  Oh well -- symptoms are good signs.  My new mantra. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Can I join you ladies in the TTC group?  DH and I have finally decided, after much discussion and a lot of nervousness on my part, to TTC #2.
    We thought about TTC #2 a while ago, I decided 2 under 2 was not a realistic option for me and that I'd like my kids a bit farther apart, but DH was anxious to start trying, so we compromised.  If we were to get PG right away, they'd be 2.5 years apart.

As for prenatals, I take the CVS brand and I also take Expecta which is a DHA supplement.  Been taking them for 3 years or so now, from just prior to pregnancy all through breastfeeding (DD is still breastfeeding once a day).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Hi Ladies.  I think I'm 1 dpo, but I didn't temp this cycle, so I can't be sure.  I was so sick of that damn thermometer.  So either AF or a BFP will be here in 12 days! 

I've been taking One-A-Day prenatals that come with a DHA supplement.  I think I'm going back to the other ones I have from Hannaford (Twin Labs, maybe?), because I've heard One-A-Day aren't absorbed easily.  I've found with any PNV, I have to take it on a full stomach or I'll throw-up.  With food I have no issues. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I'm now 105 days after my last period - and only period since stopping the pill last June.... ho hum.

As for prenatals, I take a Px one, Amneal maybe? Because I have aneamia, it was one with more iron than most.   I have had no side effects (no nausea, constipation, all the other fun stuff they warn you about) so it seems fairly easy on the stomach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

IIPW-I also take prescription prenatals as well.  With my co-pay, it is less than $10.  My doctor's office prescribed them for me when I called to set up the initial appt.  However, my drugstore didn't notify me that they were ready and when I met with the CNM, she gave me a supplement of folic acid to take in combination with my multis.  I switched over to the prenatals once I realized that they were already.  So, its possible that your doctor would prescribe them without meeting with you first.

Poppy & Kar, good luck with the waiting.  I was never really good at it.  Sending BFP thoughts your way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Prill, have you talked to your doctor about not getting your period?  They should be able to prescribe something. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

At this stage, although it's frustrating, I'm not sure I wany any kind of medical intervention, per se.  I may and talk to my PCP, about possibly exploring PCOS (or other/similar).   From the outset DH and I said "if it happens, it happens", still, this doesn't stop me from getting anxious or feeling just a touch upset every time another colleague or friend on facebook announces that they are preggers!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Prill did you have normal periods before you went on bc?  Just wondering as I have been on bc for 10 years and will go off when ttc, i had very abnormal periods before going on bc, so just wondering if there is a link. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

GC-I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.  You should definately try the Queasy Drops (and Preggo Pops...if your vomitting).  Both are sold at certain Whole Foods and the Queasy Drops definately helped me keep the queasiness manageable. 

Sections
Shortcuts