February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: February TTC

Alf, god bless my husband if I get any more gassy once we get pregnant :o)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

LOL, Fra. I know! I started out pretty gassy to begin with.  My husband is a saint. Though he can be pretty smelly himself.  :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

I just wanted to wish my "old" TTC buddies Alf and Lil congratulations!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

LOL, you ladies and your gassiness!  I told my DH, “I have to warn you: I think I’m going to be a very gassy pregnant lady.”  He just rolled his eyes, but I think it’s funny. 

Fram - your posts are so cute - I have a feeling you and DH aren't going to be able to stand waiting until summer to start TTC!!  You both seem so excited!

GC – I don’t know what Colace is, but have a feeling I will be looking it up!  I think you were smart to wait to test – it’s hard getting the BFP then having to wait 8 weeks for it to be “safe” to tell people and to really get excited (I know “safe” is a relative term).  Lots of waiting around with this whole pregnancy game!  Two-week-wait… wait to test… wait til dr. wants to see you… wait to tell people… Trying to enjoy the present, but it’s complicated!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

It's a stool-softener, and according to my MD, safe for pregnant ladies.  And a god-send.  A real, real godsend.  But check with your doc -- this was via my regular doctor, will ask the OB tomorrow.  I take pretty much the minimum dosage, but it made a huge difference. 

I kind of like this phase where it's not common knowledge.  We did break down and tell a few people (mainly b/c it was super-obvious that I wasn't drinking), and so it's been nice to have friends to talk to.  Same people we told about the MC, so it's a little less anxiety-provoking for that reason. 

Alf & Lil -- how are you doing today?  I'm thinking of you!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

GC - My OB recommended Colace too.  It's probably fine but always good to check.

Alf - I had a few friends move to the DC and VA areas.  I just remembered that Fairfax Hospital is (or was 5 years ago) "the" place to have a baby.  I thought I'd pass that along incase you need a non-military hospital.  I am not sure where you are or if you are even close to it but thought I'd pass that along.  I hope you are doing well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Thanks OCC!

Well, my repeat hcg was 499. No further bleeding . Looking good!  I feel fine so I will keep my fingers crossed and prayers said.  I have appt for first u/s next week. :)  Thanks everyone for your kind words!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Yay Lil!  That is so great!!!  Congrats and thinking sticky thoughts for you the next few weeks!  :-) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I've been offline for a couple of days and look at everything that's happened.  LIL...I'm so excited for you!!!  ALF, as long as you continue to feel the same pregnancy symptoms, I'm guessing you're okay; when I started spotting, my breasts stopped their soreness and my gasiness went away.  Who would wish for soreness and gas, but we do!!!

As for me, I had follow up appointment yesterday...am back to normal and was told by the doc that once I get my first AF, we've got the okay to start trying again.  I'm hoping that it will be as quick and easy the second time, only with a happier end result! 

Sending everyone happy, sticky thoughts.  And don't forget that while we all want the babies at the end of this, it's the husband/partner who we're in it with no matter what...try not to become to consumed in the result that you forget about the person you love so much that you want to get into the parenthood game with him.  Just a little pre-valentine's day philosophical commentary! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Congrats, LIL!  That's great news!  Good luck at the appt. next week.  It's soo exciting to see the little one for the first time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good to see you luvR.  I am so glad to here that you can start again.  You are so right about remembering your partner.  When I had the bleeding and, of course, was devasted, my husband said "all I know is we are going to be celebrating our kids birthday here and we will get there somehow".  It would have sucked to go through this without him!

Alf, any news?  I've been thinking about you all day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I've got bad news and not so bad news. 

Everything was still closed down here b/c of the snow.  I went back to the ER to give them puppy dog eyes and get my blood rerun. It worked. The doctor I saw also called in a tech to run an u/s.  Well, apparently, it was twins. One appears to be larger and older than the other one.  The older one is gone w/ no heartbeat.  The smaller one, they couldn't tell whether there was a heartbeat or not.  I need to have my blood rerun in 48 hours or next week depending on when stuff is open.  Unless I have severe bleeding, I don't need to go back to an ER. She said it would be better for me to wait till stuff is open again and go to a place that has labor and delivery b/c if #2 doesn't make it, an OB/GYN has to make the call as to whether I need a D&C.  #1 is making it's way out now, so at least the bleeding [which started up in the hospital today] isn't freaking me out. 

My HGC levels are down from Sunday but w/ one deceased that may be okay. If the levels go up next week, #2 may make it.  Fingers crossed, I guess.  I'm guessing neither is going to make it. 

I totally forgot that my grandmother had twin brothers and there was a chance of twins.  On the plus side, I can get pg.  And with twins. 

I am so glad to be home. I was stuck in the ER from 8-4.30.  I was in a treatment room too, so I couldn't even go in search of a vending machine.  I was so hungry by the time I got out.  And it's snowing again. I'm also not allowed to shovel.  Grrr.  I can't wait for DH to get home. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blushingbride1. Show blushingbride1's posts

Alf-  I am so sorry to read this...  My heart goes out to you.  When will your DH be back?

Take care and wish I could give you a hug!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Oh Alf, I am so sorry that you are stuck doing all this by yourself!  I am also sorry to hear about twin #1 but I am going to remain hopeful about twin #2.  How far along do you think you are?

I think that you can get pregnant is  definitely plus but I am still praying for you on this one...

Hugs your way!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh Alf, I'm so sorry about #1.  Very much pulling for #2!!  I hope you're doing ok and have some sort of support system down there, for when you want/need it (well, you always have BDC anyway!) 

Thinking of you and sending big hugs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I had my last period on 12/12, so I should have been 8 weeks.  #2 is perhaps 6 weeks? My levels on Sunday were 26013 and they were 20734 today.  That puts it at 6-7 weeks for #2 if they are normal levels.  She was saying 10 weeks for #1, but I don't see how that can be since I had a normal AF in December.  Hopefully my levels will go up.  I don't see how #2 can hang on while #1 is making it's exit. 

Thanks, ladies.  I'm preparing for the worst but hoping that #2 pulls through.  DH gets home late Saturday night.  I cannot wait.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

ALF -  I don't see how #2 can hang on while #1 is making it's exit. 

Sarahbth  and 1 of her sisters were twins where 1 was a mis around 2 months, after their Mom had a serious strep infection (sister)  and Sarahbth's twin after a car accident when Mom was 4 months along.

Also, my Mom's Mom had a mis at 5 months, cause unknown, but my Mom hung on until 8 months/  just 4 pounds.   All assumed or known to be fraternal twins.

Some depends on the cause, but it happens more than one would realize.  I think it is painful and worrysome enough to talk about that until recent times (when people say anything, anywhere!)  we did not hear about it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

ALF - best of luck these next few days.  #2 sounds like a fighter... so let's hope s/he sticks around for the long haul!  Definitely take it easy these next few days... no shoveling.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BE2Be. Show BE2Be's posts

ALF,
    A similar thing happened to me this summer.  I went in for a dating ultrasound at 6-7 wks and they informed me that there were two gestational sacs in there...quite a shock/surprise!  They informed me immediately that one of them had a heartbeat and the other one didn't, and the one that didn't was likely not going to make it. They were also measuring about a week apart from eachother. Like you, I was very surprised and skeptical that one could make it while the other one didn't but that's exactly what happened.  The good thing was that I got some extra ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy and I'm now 37 weeks pregnant and counting the days.
    Thinking good thoughts for # 2 for you!!  Try to rest and relax over the next few days until DH can come home and spoil you :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

ALF,

Thinking postive thoughts for you as well for #2.  One of my good friends m/c one of her twins and now has a healthy 6 y.o. so it can and does happen. Try to relax as much as possible! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Thinking of you Alf, and hope you're taking it easy.  With so many people having infertility treatments and early ultrasounds when they finally get a positive test, doctors are learning that "vanishing twins" are much more common than previously thought.  People usually don't know unless there's a problem like bleeding that necessitates an ultrasound earlier than usual.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you that #2 sticks around!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Thanks, guys.

I didn't have any fertility treatments.  I was floored when she told me twins, until I was reminded that my grandmother had twin brothers. I had never met them b/c they lived in another country and died before I was old enough to really remember.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Alf--I know you didn't have fertility treatments, but I was just using that as an example of why doctors are more aware now that many pregnancies start out as twins.  With fertility treatments, they do the first ultrasound really early even if there aren't any problems because of the higher chance of multiples.  As a result, they know when a twin was lost, whereas, with unassisted pregnancies, the first ultrasound would be done later on, and they wouldn't have any way of knowing that it started out as a twin pregnancy.

In addition to twins in your family, there is a higher risk of twins for "older" (more difficulty getting pregnant in general, but higher chance of double ovulation) and "younger" mothers (super-charged reproductive systems, lol), so that may have played a part too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sending you a big hug ALF!  So sorry to hear of your loss, but crossing my fingers that #2 will hang in there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

GC - How was your first appointment today?  Would love to hear about what happened.  Hope it went well.