February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtothis. Show newtothis's posts

Re: February TTC

itsallnew welcome, and sorry to hear about the m/c.

Bostongrl-hopefully friday will bring good news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Boston- positive thoughts to you!!  Try not to google yourself nuts over the next few days (I know that's virtually impossible). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Bostongrl, what you're going through sounds like my experience in December. Although, mine turned out to be a m/c, so I hope you get better news!  The waiting was awful, I just wanted to know if I was pregant or not.  Hold out hope, or grieve and move on? 

Hopefully you don't have to do a D&C.  Definitely not something I'd want to do again if I can help it!  But, if you do, the pain is very localized and very short.  I felt fine within a half hour and had no pain afterward. 

We are currently waiting for my next AF to be able to start trying again (we also had to wait for two cycles like Amy-Lynn).  So, I hope to be TTC again this month!  Good luck to everyone in February!  Wecome to the new ladies!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I just realized that I wasn't giving you much hope in my last post.  It really seems to me that early bleeding can go either way.  I only know what happened to me, and I was only pregnant the one time, so can only share that experience.  But, from what I googled and learned about from the ladies here, no one's experience is the same. We don't know what the results will say, so we can only wait with you until you find out tomorrow.  Good luck, and keep us posted.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Just got the call... levels are declining.  Now 100 (was 240 on Tuesday).  So at least I have my answer.  The doc wants to see me next week to draw one more level and make sure it is continuing to decline and to talk about getting back on the TTC bandwagon.  Based on the fact that I had bleeding for 5 days and the numbers are declining pretty quickly... I'm assuming that my body is taking care of everything itself and there wont be a need for a D&C.  I am grateful for that. 

On the bright side... I know we can get pregnant and I am happy with how my doctor's office handled everything.  This was a new OBGYN I switched to last year, at a new hospital that I'd never been to before ... so it was reassuring that they were super responsive.  And it reconfirmed my decision to switch docs/hospitals now that I've moved to Worcester .... dragging my butt to NWH for labs twice this week would have been a royal pain.

oh and Jenn... don't worry about it!  I was fully prepared for the news, and it is good to hear perspectives of others that have gone through this and to know what to expect.  How long did it take AF to return?  I am hoping my doc doesnt put any restrictions on us TTC again.  I've heard that without a D&C or any meds it is ok to start right away... I really hope he is of that mindset.  He is fully aware that we are actively TTC ... so I think he'll be supportive since there has been no real trauma to my body. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh boston, I'm sorry that the m/c has been confirmed.  You are strong to see the positives.  Please don't deny yourself from grieving.  It is part of the process of moving on.  I'll be thinking of you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Oh Bostongirl, I am so disappointed for you. I'm so sorry! You sound like you're doing ok, though, and hopefully you can get back to TTC right away. For now, have a good cry then keep thinking positive thoughts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry to have the sad possibility confirmed, boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I'm sorry for your loss bostongrl.  Your DH and you are in my thoughts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Sorry for your loss Boston!  From a fellow transplant to Worcester, I am curious which hospital?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtothis. Show newtothis's posts

bostongrl-sorry to hear about the mc. Take it easy these next few weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Bostongrl, I'm really sorry to hear that.  I'm glad to know that you likely won't need any further intervention or a long wait before trying again.  After my ectopic last year one of the worst parts was having to be monitored for 9 weeks until my levels were 0 (I was starting at 7000 something, it took a while) and having to wait three full months before even starting to try again.  Also, it's great that you're happpy with the doctors near you--I think it makes a big difference.

I saw an RE for the first time today and am set up for a whole range of tests.  Most notably, she wants to do a hysteroscopy for no reason at all that I can see, insists I gain weight, and thinks that my insurance will require me to do 3 IUIs before trying IVF.  I *really* don't want to do IUIs because I think the only result will be more ectopic pregnancies.  Anyone have any experience with IUI following ectopic pregnancy?  Or any idea how painful I should expect the hysteroscopy  to be?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Hi Rysmom... Dr. Manning at UMass.  He's been great.  I talked to the nurse on Monday... and both Wednesday and Friday he called personally with the results. 

Thanks everyone for the thoughts!  This really is such a great community.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

I'm so sorry Boston!!  Thinking of you and wish you a quick recovery...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Bostongrl, sorry about your news. You sound like you have a pretty good outlook on everything - the chances of things working out next time are in your favor so focus on that, and in the meantime enjoy a nice tall glass of wine. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

In Response to Re: February TTC:
    [QUOTE]Hi Rysmom... Dr. Manning at UMass.  He's been great.  I talked to the nurse on Monday... and both Wednesday and Friday he called personally with the results.  Thanks everyone for the thoughts!  This really is such a great community.
    Posted by bostongrl[/QUOTE]
    You'll be in excellent hands!  We had a fabulous experience.  My OB is in Shrewsbury.  Dr. Reine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I'm sorry to hear the news, Boston.  I had to have a D&C because my numbers continued to rise, but not enough, and coupled with the bleeding, they thought it could be ectopic.  My period returned in about 5 1/2 weeks.  But since then, I've been tracking my cycles, and I've had two regular cycles of exactly 28 days (AF came again today, day 28!) 

I am glad it didn't take long for me to regulate again.  Hopefully you will be able to try again after your next cycle. 

Here's to those of us trying in February.  I won't be around much in 12-16 days - I'll be busy BD'ing!  Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Bostongrl, sorry to hear your news but it does sound like you have a great attitude.

Luck, I'm doing ok and you're kind to ask.  We're getting ready for the frozen IVF cycle- that sounds weird, is it frozen cycle or thaw cycle?  Anyway, I start the meds when AF arrives (likely next day or so) and assuming all goes well, the transfer would be in a few weeks. Trying desperately not to get my hopes up but I'm hoping to have the same great luck you did with the frozen transfer.

Best of luck to everyone this month! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

(Sorry if this has been discussed before)  I have been googling a lot about exercising while ttc to see what "they" say.  It seems that there are no specific rules.  Some suggest that from o time to pg time (assuming you get pg), you keep with the no more than 150 bpm heart rate and no ab exercise workout. Others suggest that you can basically continue your normal workout and adjust when pg.  The rationale seems to do more with the hormones produced during pg that cause the body to stretch out.  I assume that with ttc, you don't want to divert too much blood from the uterus during the 2ww...??

Does anyone have experience or other info on this topic?  I'm sure a great deal of it has to do with personal preferences/opinion, but just wondering what you ladies have experienced.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, this is one anecdote, but I know someone who was an avid runner before she got pregnant (running at least 15 miles every day), and she, with the knowledge and blessing of her OB, ran as long as it was comfortable for her (with 3 jog bras on at once!).  She actually ran 5 miles the morning she gave birth to a big, healthy baby boy.

I think a lot of it has to do with the mother's physical condition at the time she gets pregnant.  Going from zero to 100 upon seeing that BFP to "get in shape" because you got pregnant is as ill advised as it is any other time in your life.  Too much strain on mom is bad for baby. 

What constitutes "too much strain" is relative, and is why there are not definitive guides to be found.  Everyone needs to get assessed by their own doctor and get tailored advice regarding exercise while pg.  That's the only way you'll know what YOU should do.

GL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In Response to Re: February TTC:
    [QUOTE](Sorry if this has been discussed before)  I have been googling a lot about exercising while ttc to see what "they" say.  It seems that there are no specific rules.  Some suggest that from o time to pg time (assuming you get pg), you keep with the no more than 150 bpm heart rate and no ab exercise workout. Others suggest that you can basically continue your normal workout and adjust when pg.  The rationale seems to do more with the hormones produced during pg that cause the body to stretch out.  I assume that with ttc, you don't want to divert too much blood from the uterus during the 2ww...?? Does anyone have experience or other info on this topic?  I'm sure a great deal of it has to do with personal preferences/opinion, but just wondering what you ladies have experienced.
    Posted by itsallnew[/QUOTE]

I think you need to talk to your dr about what works for YOU based on your body and level of exercise.  I had an 8 month pg lady in my spin class and she kicked my behind!  She got her dr's okay. There is no way that she didn't go over 150 bpm.  You do need to tone down certain things, but I think it depends on what you are used to and what your dr okays.  I don't think that the general guidelines are helpful at all.  If I couldn't go over 150 bpm I wouldn't be able to do much more than take a brisk walk. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Itsallnew - I know there are a lot of women who say the 140/150bpm recommendation is outdated.  My OB, midwife, and gym trainer all said it's perfectly fine - and recommended - to keep up the regular routine you had prior to TTC/PG and to keep it up as long as you can.  The main concerns are being overheated and not being able to talk through your workout.  If you can keep your temperature under control (i.e. don't workout outdoors in August and make sure to hydrate) and keep your heartrate and breathing at a rate where you feel comfortable and not over-worked, then any workout you do is just fine. 

I think the rule for ab workouts only applies when your fetus gets larger, but I still wouldn't do too much in the way of abs after you know you're PG.  The embryo is so tiny and protected, that it's fine for several weeks. 

Now that I'm 22 weeks and my gym routines are sadly down to only about 1-2 a week, I wish I'd kept it my regular routine up all through TTC and the first trimester so now that I really need the energy and bloodflow, I could have kept it up better.  I do watch my heartrate and only let it get up to 160-170, but that's because I know I can get up to 200 so fast if I don't pay attention to it. 

So, bottom line - keep up with the workouts as long as you're not overdoing it and don't worry about it!  It's the healthiest option for everyone. 

ETA:  Yes, there are hormones produced that loosen all of your joints to prep for baby growth and birth, so you have to make sure to take extra care with your joints (hips and knees especially) so you don't injure yourself. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

I feel the need to clarify my "it's the healthiest option for everyone" comment - I mean specifically for you if you are already a gym-goer and for the growing baby... not every woman, because what's healthy for one woman isn't necessarily healthy for another! 

I do know that they don't recommend starting a new gym routine if you hadn't already been active before TTC/PG. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Thanks ladies!  I know that there is no single rule or explanation and these things are always dependent on the individual.  Sprout, it's nice to hear what your experience was and gives me some food for thought :o)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It sounds like the rule of thumb is to only do what you were doing regularly before you got pg and to talk to your OB about it no matter what to see if your routine needs adjusting.