February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Re: February TTC

Maybe I could just say, "Hey, we're seeking infertility treatment, I seem to have tubal infertility" and leave it at that, with no mention of any pregnancies.  But I'm pretty sure my friends and family are nosy enough to want more details.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thistle - to echo others, I told only my best friend some of what I was going through (which helped, especially when she fell pregnant very easily, she was so understanding and concerned abouit how it made me feel).  We didn't tell anyone else until I was 12 weeks pregnant - and even then it was just that we are expecting - not that it took years, medications etc etc.
    Sure, at times I felt bad, almost like I was lying to people when they asked when we plan to have kids etc, but this was our way of dealing with it.
    That was entirely our own decision, we are very private people.  For you though, it may work that you want to let friends or family know, do whatever is comfortable and feels right for you.  There is no right or wrong way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: February TTC:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I could just say, "Hey, we're seeking infertility treatment, I seem to have tubal infertility" and leave it at that, with no mention of any pregnancies.  But I'm pretty sure my friends and family are nosy enough to want more details.
    Posted by thistleflower[/QUOTE]

Their being nosy is not your problem and not something you have to accommodate.  I can't imagine even the nosiest of family members or friends actually asking, "Hey, by the way, have you had any miscarriages?"  If you want to leave that out, leave it out; no one will ask.  And, if they DO (gasp), you can simply say you aren't comfortable sharing any more about the issues you and DH have had and thank them, again, for their love and support.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

i'm late to the party but i would like to add 2 things!

1. tangerine and others on clomid - not to be negative, but clomid only works the 1st month for a small amount of ppl.  i think most ppl with clomid success have it later on.  i got pg on round 2 and it makes sense if you think about it - the egg for this month was created during the 2ww during the last month - so if your cycle is screwy it might take a few rounds to get that egg started off right.  anyway, made sense to me.  and i totally agree w/ others - live your life, have coffee, drink til it's pink, etc.  :)  and i just say the above so you can manage expectations - don't despair if it doesn't happen the first month!

2. thistle - i was super embarrassed and ashamed of my fertility problems (i'm sorry to say that b/c i don't think people should be, but i was) - so of course i got PG with twins so now it's just about common knowledge that i had help.  (though no one has had the balls to ask me to my face, i know they all ask each other b/c when my SIL had twins i got all of the questions about her!)  i ended up telling my friends why i was having twins and it really took a load of stress off of me, and now that i have the babies the rest is water under the bridge and i don't care anymore.  so, if it wll make you feel better and reduce pressure to tell people about your fertility struggles, do it.  GL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I'm sorry it has taken me a while to get back ...been suffering from a migraine and finally feeling like myself again.  I want to thank you all for tips.  DH and I looking forward to this cycle and we will see what happens.  We have had many discussions about fertility treatments and pretty much know what our plans are.  We know that one day we will be parents even if it means adoption.

We have not let TTC stop us from living our lives but some days are just s*cky. My acupuncturist told me today that we don't have to continue to BD after OV.  I told like h*ll that's going to happen!  In took 29 years to find him and I going to joy every bit of that I can until I die.  Honesty, I just need to continue to remind my self that we are both healthy and that there are worse things that could happen.  Plus, I'm so lucky to have someone like DH my by side.

As far as tell people about our issues only a few family and friends know.  Mainly because I'm not ready to hear everyones option on what they think is the best for us.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra, I'm sorry about AF showing up. Keep us posted on your treatment - you and I can be clomid buddies! :)

Stefani, thanks for your advice. I'll admit, when I read it yesterday, I got kind of huffy - like "I don't want to hear that! It's gonna happen this cycle, I know it!" But reading your post again, I know it's smart not to let my hopes get too high.

Regarding skiing, I know that probably sounded a little wacko. I think I'm overreacting a bit in part because of all the advance planning I'm having to do right now...DH and I are taking a longer trip to a semi-developing country in a few months, and researching and scheduling the necessary vaccinations around a possible pg, and planning RE treatments, has been challenging. Planning my life around a BFP that hasn't happened yet might be driving me a tad bonkers! :)

And as for telling people, so far I've followed the advice to only tell people whom I know I'd tell if we had a m/c. I've told a few close girlfriends, because I personally can't handle NOT being able to share and vent to people...and DH gets enough of it as it is. I haven't told anyone at work, though I've been tempted to tell a few folks whom I know have dealt with similar things. Don't want to open a pandora's box, though...so I'm keeping mum for now, and hoping people don't start questioning my sudden abundance of doctor's appointments.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tan, I'd be much more concerned about a trip to a semi-developed country for which shots are required as far as a possible pg goes than breaking my leg.  Just me, though, I don't have any facts to back up that feeling.

Tom, I'm not sure why a medical professional would say you don't need to BD after you ovulate.  Your eggs can live up to 24 hours after their release so you can BD up to that many hours later and possibly get pg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Doctor might just mean that when you know you've ovulated a couple of days ago, you can stop BDing.  I actually appreciate that knowledge a lot--honestly, it's nice that for part of the month my sex life can still be fully recreational.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

In Response to Re: February TTC:
    [QUOTE]Tan, I'd be much more concerned about a trip to a semi-developed country for which shots are required as far as a possible pg goes than breaking my leg.  Just me, though, I don't have any facts to back up that feeling.Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, while I understand that as a gut feeling - I'm making sure I've got the necessary shots before getting pg, and I got my RE's blessing before booking the trip. She actually echoed your very point about not putting your life on hold because of TTC, and advised sticking to bottled water, major cities, and bringing a stash of granola bars if I AM pg. To your point about women having gotten pregnant and birthing babies throughout the ages, in all sorts of conditions - I feel pretty confident that it'll be okay either way. If I'm still not pg, I get the consolation prize of an amazing trip, or if I hit the jackpot and get pg, I'll either have a cautious-but-amazing trip or I'll cancel if I'm feeling terrible. Either way, something good will come of it :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Kargiver- it was the acupuncturist that told that I don't have to continue BDing days after I OV(+24 hours).  I guessing she just wanted me know that I could relax if I wanted too.

Tangerine- We don't see the RE until mid March and I'm not sure when we will start the clomid.  Though it would be cool to have a clomid buddy!  We are actually leaving for Costa Rica in April and I'm not sure how it might interfere with clomid...so I have lots of questions to ask the RE next month.

Best of luck with your treatment and vacations!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure you're doing your due diligence.  I hope it all works out great - you have a lot of irons in the fire. And, I know you're taking every precaution for yourself and potential baby!  By the time you plan that you'd know if you were pg, unlike the ski trip, so like you say, you can reevaluate then if you want to.

GL with the clomid, by the way, I don't think I ever said that. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra - good luck to you, too! And Costa Rica - I'm jealous! That will be incredible.

And thanks, Kar :) I can use all the luck I can get!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tom, I was referring to the accupuncturist when I said medical professional (I thought that's what they were?), and I thought you said he told you as soon as you know you ovulated you can give up on BDing for the month.  I guess there's room in "as soon as" to mean a window, but I generally think of it as immediately.  I just wanted you to know you could still get pregnant even if you BD the day after you ovulate.  It could be a long road (hoping not, of course!), and to operate on information that causes any missed opportunities could mean the difference between having a baby and not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

I guess everyone is different in how they handle TTC.  I sometimes wish that I could be content with my life the way it is, that I could be more grateful for what I have and not worry so much about what I don't. I respect the perspective that both Alf and Kar have offered but mine is different. I had more or less given up on the idea of kids when I was single at 39 but then I met DH and from the time we got serious, I just pictured us with kids. Given my age, I should've expected problems but I really didn't. It took awhile to accept that we couldn't have our own even with IVF but now we're trying the donor egg route and if that doesn't work, we'll likely look at adoption. 
    In the meantime we try not to let the TTC craziness take over our lives by keeping busy, and like Luck, playing golf, traveling and enjoying all the nights out we won't have anymore if we ever are blessed with a baby.  We've also had great support from the few siblings and close friends who know what's going on. Maybe it's because we're older and most of our friends know someone who has done IVF but everyone we've told has been incredibly supportive and encouraging.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tc, I hear you.  But, severe stress gives me migraines.  I was getting a migraine every BFN.

I totally understand your feelings and can sympathize despite the fact that out of necessity I've decided not to make myself sick over this month after month.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

TC, I hear you too.  DH has mentioned donor eggs, since that's how his brother and wife had their twins.  For philosophical/religious reasons, I won't go that route or use any other assisted means.  He won't do adoption for reasons he can't explain other than saying he doesn't want to adopt.  So the only other option to us is acceptance that this is the hand life dealt us.  If Lady Luck decides to favor us w/ a kid, great, but I won't go to Vegas on the odds we currently have.  :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

tangerine - sorry, i didn't want my post to come off that way - rather, i wanted to give you hope that IF it doesn't work this cycle, it doesn't mean it won't eventually!  but hopefully you will be part of the 15% for which the 1st round of clomid works!  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

So last week I had 3 days of spotting which I normally get right before AF. We'd been trying for 6 months which included a chemical pg back in October. So I made an appt with my OB. But alas, AF did not arrive. I took a pregnancy test over the weekend and got a BFP! I took another one this morning with the same result. I kept my appt anyway and they drew some blood to check levels. At this point DH and I are cautiously optimistic but it's hard not to get excited. Thanks for letting me share!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Ooh Jacon, fingers and toes crossed for you both!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Yay Jacon!  Fingers crossed!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrats Jacon!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, Jacon!  We're rooting for you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Congrats Jacon!!  Thinking positive thoughts for you :o)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

That's great Jacon, congrats!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Congrats Jacon!

Sections
Shortcuts