February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Re: February TTC

Congratulations, Jacon, and good luck!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

congrats, Jacon!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

So as of this morning, I'm seeing a second line.  I think it's a BFP, but after last month (in fact, after my other two pregnancies) I'm trying not to get too hopeful yet.  Calling my doctor now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Oh, Thistle, that's exciting!  Sending plenty of positive thoughts your way.  And congrats to you, Jacon!

I'm so sorry I don't check in often enough to comment on everyone's news.  Hope you're all doing well! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

thistle, a second line IS a BFP, no matter how faint.  Best wishes that it sticks!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrat thisleflower!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Congrats to the BFPs!!

AFM... had a follow up appt with my doc after my m/c earlier this month.  He was very vague about how long/whether to wait.  He said wait for 2 AFs ... but then he said it wouldn't be a big deal if I got pg before then.  He added that there is no additional risk of mc for a 2nd pg (15%).

So... If I go strictly by what he said, I should wait 2 AFs... but ... I could also read between the lines and say that since there is no additional risk, and nothing would be significantly dangerous about not waiting... we could just keep trying.  I'm leaning towards the not waiting side at the moment.  I feel good, there were no complications, and it seems like this is really just a matter of opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd personally just go for it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

bostongrl - Did you have a D&C or any other intervention with your M/C? if so, the waiting is important to heal. But if you didn't need any intervention, you can go ahead with no waiting.

I think some docs recommend waiting to get a little more emotionally settled as well. I had a D&C at the end of December, so I am waiting two cycles, and I know my emotions have been all over the place - sometimes I hate having to wait, other times I don't want to have to worry about TTC. So, I think that having this time to clear my head has been helpful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'm w/ Amy-lynn. If you had a D&C, yes you need to wait. If you had a run of hte mill m/c, go for it if you want. My Dr told me there was no reason to wait [no D&C] and that I could go home that very day and try if I were so inclined. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Congrats Thistle!!  Positive, sticky thoughts to you!!

Boston- if I remember correctly, I think you didn't have a D&C (I could be totally mistaken) and that you m/c fairly early, similar to me.  When I spoke to my Dr. she said something like, "if you can stand to wait a cycle you should do that"  It was very vague.  I googled a lot and other people seemed to suggest that they did ovulate and some people got pg that cycle immediately after a m/c.  Also, I was talking to a good friend of mine who has been having difficulty ttc whose ob friend explained that the main reason that drs suggest waiting is to help them date the fetus when you do get pg.  But, that's something they can also do with u/s later on in the process so it's ultimately not a big deal.  imho, I would just go for it!!  (I am) ;o)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

In Response to Re: February TTC:
    [QUOTE]Congrats thisleflower!!!! bostongrl - I agree with amy-lynn and Alf! If no intervention, go for it!!!! FX'd!!!!!!!
    Posted by twin04[/QUOTE]

Sorry OT-Twin, what does FX stand for?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congratulations Jacon and Thistle!!!!

I was wondering the same thing, Tomarra :o)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Yep... no D&C for me and it was super early (5wks)... I will find out if my labs returned to zero tomorrow.  Assuming all the hormones are back down to zero ... we'll be trying this month. 

If we are so lucky as to get pg right away... I'll take the u/s dating if that is my biggest worry :o)

... oh and because it was so early and that I didn't even realize I was pg until something was wrong (I had thought I had gotten AF) ... I was never very emotionally attached to the pg.  That is made the emotional/psychological thing a no brainer for me.  I am eager to get back on the TTC train. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

tomarra and Fram, I think FX means fingers crossed :o)

Boston- I totally know what you mean re: emotions and psychological stuff.  I did test and know I was pg, but I didn't even process the pg before I started bleeding, so it all ended up being such a wash/ roller coaster of things happening that I came out ok and was definitely eager to get back on the TTC train too.  In the 2ww wait now and it is brutal this time.  Last time I didn't even think we could be pg, but now knowing that we were initially successful last time is making the anticipation for this time huge.  I am trying to keep everything in perspective and not inflate my hopes or emotions though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Thank you all for the congratulations.  To be honest after the last two rounds with this I'm freaking out a little bit.  I spent all day checking obsessively for spotting and hallucinating pain in my side.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Thank you all but unfortunately I got the results of my 2nd blood draw today and my numbers are going down. So it looks like another miscarriage / chemical pregnancy - whatever you want to call it. DH and I are both very disappointed, of course. I haven't really had a chance to process it all yet. I really had to hold it together today since I found out while I was at work. I think it will sink in later tonight / this weekend when I have some downtime. Looks like next step is to see an RE.

Thistleflower, I hope all goes well for you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I'm so sorry Jacon.  I know what it's like to have to hold it together at work and pretend all is okay.  It's awful.  Take time to process with DH.  You will get through this. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jacon, I'm so sorry for the terrible news.  Try to rest and relax over the long weekend. 

To be honest I'm not holding out a lot of hope for mine either--I'm feeling a tiny kind of phantom pain in my side, which was the death-knell for my other pregnancies--but I'm waiting to do the second blood test tomorrow and then I'll see what my numbers are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Jacon, I'm sorry for your loss, holding your DH and you in my thoughts.

Thisleflower,  I really hope all works out for you and you have a healthy pg.  You will also be in my thoughts.

Bostongrl, I agree with everyone else...beside your know your body better then anyone else.  Just listen to your gut and go from there.

AFM, We finally got all the blood work done to get started on clomid.  We have an appointment mid March to talk it over with the RE.  last cycle I had low back pain until I OV'd on day 29th.  This cycle instead of back pain a have this awful headaches and I'm about to loss my mind.  Has anyone ever experience this?  Well, I hope everyone is doing well and good luck on your current cycle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Jacon, so sorry you are going through this, again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thistle, slight pain or cramping is common in early pregnancy even when everything is fine.  I'm betting that your bad experiences weren't correlated to that sensation, that you'd have felt that even if those pregnancies had turned out to have been viable.  Here's hoping all is well!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Jacon- So sorry to hear of your loss.  You and DH are in my thoughts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Jacon - I'm sorry to hear of your m/c.  My best to you and DH.

Thistle - sending sticky thoughts your way!

AFM - I need your help in managing my expectations/imagination.  AF is one day late, so I am trying to hold off a little longer before testing (my cycles have been 28 days, and if its a chem, I think I'd rather not know).  But ... I have been nauseous on and off for four days - it comes in waves, never gets to the point where I feel like I need to vomit, and goes away when I eat. Yesterday and today I have had to pe- more than usual.  Also, Friday, yesterday and again today I had small amounts EWCW. (this is the one that is really confusing me)

Now on the other hand, I was sick last week and have been on an antibiotic that I think could be upsetting my stomach, and maybe making me pe-.  But the CM is really throwing me off.

I'm really trying not to get too excited that it could be b/c I don't want to be disappointed if its not.  Oh yeah, and DH has already called me twice today to ask if AF came or not.  He wants me to test tonight if she doesn't show today.

Sorry this is so long...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

November, sending sticky thoughts your way.

However, I always get EWCM a few days before AF arrives. if you read TCOYF, it's the unfertilized corpus luteum just being expelled.  It could just be a fluke too, but it's generally a sign -at least it has been for me- that you are not pg.  I'd wait till Friday and test then. Or, if you have one of those tests w/ 2 tests in the box, test tonight to make your DH happy, and save the second for Friday. Good luck!