February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February TTC

I'm probably not it right or something, but CM seems totally random to me for my body.

However, no matter what, if you don't want to know about a chem pg, DON'T TEST for another week. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

When I've gotten pregnant, I always experienced basically the same increase in CM that I have before my period.  So I wouldn't take that as a sign that you're not.  I would test, but that's just me--and actually, I generally tested early because I thought I *did* want to know if I had a chemical pregnancy.  It's information, if nothing else, and as the months dragged on information seemed worthwhile for its own sake even if it made me sad. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm glad I know I had one chem pg (it confirmed we can get pg), but I don't want to know about any others.  It broke me of my early testing habit for the most part; it's information I can't do a darned thing with except be disappointed, but that's a totally personal decision.  For me, in this situation, ignorance is bliss...and a lot cheaper.  Even the cheapo strips add up when you have a full blown pg test addiction like I did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

This is such an emotional roller coaster I don't know what I want to know or not know at this point.  That is why I came here for all of your advice.  I have a feeling I will end up testing tonight/tomorrow AM, if for no other reason, so that I don't drive DH insane.  He's the type that likes to know one way or the other. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Kar, definitely it depends on the circumstances.  For me, if I were to learn I was having repeated chemical pregnancies, that might be information that would affect whether IVF/other interventions seemed worthwhile to me.  I know you wouldn't take those steps in any case, so I can certainly understand not wanting to know.  (I also test early because I'm wildly high-risk for an ectopic pregnancy, so I want to get blood testing started sooner rather than later--easier to deal with if we catch it early.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

November--good luck with your testing. I just wanted to weigh in on the cm question. I am currently about 10 weeks pg and my cm around AF-time was very white and creamy. Still is, in fact. But, like everyone always says, every woman and every pregnancy are different.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm not making an argument for everyone to wait to test.  I'm saying that for ME it makes the most sense to wait a week after AF is due.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Thank you all for your kind words. DH and and I were both very sad over the weekend but thankfully it was a quiet one and we were able to relax. We are also blessed with our DS who keeps us smiling and distracted.

November, personally I would want to know. I've had 2 chemical pg now in the past 5 months. I don't know if this information will be relevant when I visit the RE but if it is, then I'm glad I know. And in my case, my cycle is never more than 27 days so there was no way of hiding from myself the fact that I was pg. Good luck and hopefully you get a BFP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have a cycle that ranges from 23 - 30 days, I'm always in the dark. ;)

Glad you had a peaceful weekend, Jacon, and are feeling better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I, too am glad you had a restful weekend Jacon, and that your DS was able to bring some brightness in an otherwise dark time.

I'm at work, so all I can do for now is wait... (and obsess).  I'm very thankful to have you ladies as a resource.  I'm too scared to google this kind of stuff at work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you're having symptoms chances are the hCG level is high enough to register.  That's what happened with me on my BFP.  It was before AF was due, but I was so exhausted/sleepy that I had to rest my head on the edge of the sink as I washed the dishes.  And, I was super naseated, too.  It's actually what prompted me to test, and, yeah, BFP.  Go out for "coffee" this afternoon if you want to find out.  You don't have to wait for FMU anymore.  The tests are too sensitive to need that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thistle - I'm curious what makes you so high-risk for an ectopic pregnancy.  I ask because my grandmother had one, so I was a little worried about a possible genetic link that would make me somewhat predisposed to having one and did a lot of thinking about it during my first month or so of being pregnant, but never actually asked my doctor.  Do you have family members who experienced this, or is it more of a physical predisposition?  Thanks.

Sending positive vibes out to all of you...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Poppy, I'm high risk because a) I already had one in my right fallopian tube, and b) my left tube is entirely blocked.  So, it's clear I got pregnant through the right tube, which has resulted in one ectopic already--and it also seems clear that my tubes, generally, are not in great shape.  And women who have one ectopic are far more likely than average to have another.  So it's not a genetic thing, and as far as I know ectopic risk isn't genetic in general.  The risk factors generally involve anything (past surgery or infection, for example) that would cause scarring in the tubes, not genes, so I don't think you'd be particularly at risk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

November- I am struggling through that testing thing too.  I am not yet late, but I'm really anxious.  Personally, I would test/want to know if I got a positive test even if it may result in a chemical pg.  As a few others mentioned before, it's information as to what my body is doing.  But, as I said, that's just me.  I hope you are doing ok and are closer to deciding whether to test or wait.  Luck and positive thoughts to you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

November,  I would test just to ease your DH and you....good luck!  I had to patience to wake the first 8 months of kinda so don't feel bad if you don't have the will power to wait.  Plus, you can always get the cheapy ph tests (similar to the ov ones) on amazon too!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

So, I tested last night and it was negative.  My plan is to give it a few more days and test at the end of the week if no AF.  I'm still queasy and have no AF signs, so I still don't know what to think.  I didn't fill DH in on false negatives - his ignorance for the next few days will be my bliss.

On another note - quite a few sales on pg tests at CVS (hint, hint itsallnew)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, pulling for you!  I know once I release the testing genie one month I test like crazy.  Good thing you found some on sale.  I still recommend the cheapy dip strips from Amazon.  You can blow through three a day if you're so inclined and not flush $15 a day down the drain for a week.  Not that I've ever done that...........Embarassed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I think someone said that the dollar store sells the cheapie strips, too.  I'll grab some if I see them next time to I go in for p--p bags.  Although, hopefully by then I won't need them.

I do have to tell you girls how cute DH was.  I picked up the test on my way home from work and left it on the dresser b/c I had to go out to training with the dog.  When I got home, DH ushered me right to the bathroom where he had set it out on sink with the instructions, and said "p--, but don't look"  Then he watched the clock for the suggested three minutes and we looked together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Haha.  Thanks for the tip Nov!  I am using all my will power to wait until Friday morning to test and hoping I don't get AF in the meantime.  I had a dream last night that I didn't pe- properly on it (because only half of each line showed up), but I could still tell it was a positive.  Last night I told DH that I feel like I'm bordering on crazy and am afraid that the tiredness I've been having in psychosomatic.  Hopefully the crazy will die down either because I find out I'm pg or because next time won't be the first time through the cycle (last month didn't count because I totaly didn't expect to get a positive). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I am using all my will power to wait until Friday morning to test and hoping I don't get AF in the meantime.

Guess that makes two of us.  Sending good thoughts your way!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL, ladies!!!

By the way, you can write pee. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Don't be too discouraged on the BFN if you still haven't gotten AF.  I also got BFN the first time I tested and 3 days later got BFP!  This was with the 6 day early first response tests.  Good luck!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Ugh!  AF is coming.  I had some light bleeding late last night and again this AM.  I still have a small glimmer of hope, knowing that some bleeding early on is normal, but I'm also realistic that I will likey have a full flow by this afternoon, as this is usually how it starts. 

Since I can say pee, I'll put it out there that I'm a little peed off about AF this month!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Thanks Kar- I saw others "abbreviating" so I thought I had to ;o)

Nov- I'm sorry to hear that you started bleeding a little, but am sending positive thoughts your way in hopes that it could be implantation bleeding or something like that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, that's too bad, sorry to hear that.  Let us know this pm.

itsallnew - what's happening?