February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: February TTC

I'm sorry to hear your news, Thistle.  My best to you as you go through the coming days and additional tests.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

thistle, so sorry to hear that.  But, it sounds like they are still in "wait and see" so it could turn out OK...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

thistle ~ I am SO sorry that this is happening to you again.  Having had two ectopics myself, I truly feel for you and can empathize with this painful limbo ~ it is so difficult and just plain not fair! We are here for you!!! the waiting is the most difficult time to bear ~ I have my fingers crossed for you that positive news comes your way soon :) hang in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

congratulations to everyone that has had positive news lately!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

So sorry thistle. My numbers were high so they sent me right away even though the tech said she thought it would be to early tell. I was 5 w 6d.  She ended up seeing the sac but it was very very very early.  Hopefully everything will turn out fine.  Crossing my fingers for you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thistle - I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, and sending good thoughts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Thistle - I'm so sorry to hear.  Keep us posted.  I'm wishing you the best.

Congrats to the BFPs! 

AFM, I am in the 2ww, and will hopefully know something the first week of March. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thistle, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Fingers crossed that the tide turns in a positive direction for you soon.

And Nov, sorry about AF showing her ugly face. So disappointing.

I'm rounding out the 2ww...since this is the first month I've actually o-ed (thanks to Clomid), it's my first "real" 2ww, and it's driving me nuts. What do you ladies do to relax? It doesn't help that practically everyone I know is pregnant. The other night, we saw friends who had always proclaimed that they didn't want kids (environment, overpopulation, etc etc). Well, guess what - they changed their minds, and whoops - got pg on the first try! They're still freaking out about how quickly it happened and how they're not ready, while I'm forcing a smile and doing all I can not to burst into tears. Another friend got pg against her wishes WHILE taking BCP...for whatever reason, these announcements really threw me for a loop.

I also took a POAS test this morning, roughly 9 days DPO. Stupid, I know...BFN. For the early testers out there, how early do you test?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Sorry to hear your news Thistle. Keep us posted.

Congrats Itsallnew! Sticky thoughts to you.

Good luck in the 2ww Jennifyr and Tangerine!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I was in the throes of my POAS addiction I tested as early as 6 days before AF was due and all the way through the first day of AF (because my dear SIL told me she had monthly bleeding all through her pregnancies so I didn't even trust AF to tell me I wasn't). 

However, I don't test 'til I'm late these days.  Spending too much $$ on tests (even the cheap dip strips) and, as I've said, I personally don't care to know about any more chemical pg.  The only pg I want to know about are the ones that have implanted and have survived longer than a week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Tangerine, I test 11 or 12 dpo.  That's not a particularly "early" test since I usually start my period about 13 days after ovulating.  But it's always been accurate as of then, as in, when I've been pregnant I've gotten at least a faint positive. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

I think I can count myself in the 2ww club.  I randomly decided to do the OPK test Saturday and it was a fairly strong line (90% as dark as the control line), tested again Sunday and it was lighter.  So I think I caught my O day (or maybe one day after, since I missed the ramp up I can't be 100% sure).   After my early mc I wasn't sure when things would be back to normal, but I suspected it would be around now based on some bleeding I experienced two weeks ago and a hcg level of 0 about the same time.  Luckily it was a weekend so there was some BDing action F/Sa/Su even though I didn't know we were in the window on Friday.  Just perhaps out of pure dumb luck we have a chance for this month :o)

Best of luck to everyone in the 2ww.  I will be resisting testing until at least 2 weeks from now, but will probably even test through AF if she arrives since the last time it was really implantation bleeding.  I think I can be pretty patient about waiting the 2 weeks... but I know myself and I will not be satisfied by simply getting AF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

That's great news, bostongrl! Fingers crossed for your 2ww.

Kargiver, thanks to your great advice, I have a glut of cheapie Amazon POAS tests that I haven't gotten to use since...well, I haven't had a reason yet! So their siren song might be irresistable over the next few days. I don't feel anything...at all...though, so I'm not terribly optimistic at this point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Tangerine, I have never felt anything at all when pregnant until at least a few days after my bfp, so I wouldn't take that as a negative sign yet.  Good luck!  And you have my sympathy, by the way, for being surrounded by happy pregnant women.  I'm always happy for my friends when they get pregnant--truly, I am--but it's incredibly isolating.   

AFM, hcg continues to rise perfectly.  New ultrasound Wednesday, but I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up in the meantime.  I'm taking the afternoon off so I can wait on the results. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tang, I know many people who had no symptoms whatsoever (the whole first trimester, actually) and, if they did, they didn't start until a week or two after AF was missed so stay positive!!

I happened to be one of the freaks of nature who experienced extreme exhaustion (not being able to hold my head up, literally) and nausea before AF was due, BUT I don't know ANYONE else who has.  High sensitivity to hormonal changes runs in my family so don't go by that.

At least if you cave and test, now, you'll not be wasting $$$$$$$. :)  YAY!  I think those strips are designed for the day AF is due and after.  Don't waste any before then, you'll just get a BFN.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Boston- I'm glad that you found things went back to what you expected after the early m/c. 

Thistle- I'm still thinking positive thoughts for you!

Tang- As the ladies have already said, many people don't feel any major pg symptoms until several weeks in and others never feel anything, so don't lose hope just because of that!! 

AFM, when I called the Dr. on Friday after my BFP, they suggested I do 2 blood tests 48 hrs apart given the early m/c last time.  I went in Sat. morning and again this morning (what a yucky day to trek back and forth on the T!).  Apparently, my hormones are doing what they should be doing, so I'm taking that as a positive but I'm still cautiously optimistic.  I have an early u/s scheduled for next week to make sure things are continuing to go as they should be.  It's a little weird- my emotions are so even and neutral in a way.  Of course, if all is going as it seems to be going I'm really happy, but I guess I'm still taking things 1 step at a time to make sure I'm calm?  cautiously optimistic...  ;o)

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww and everyone trying to fight off testing for a few more days!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

itsallnew, congrats on the good numbers!  A friend of mine had a m/c at 10 weeks (the day before her first appointment), and when she got pg a few months later and went on to have a healthy baby girl, she confessed throughout her pregnancy that she couldn't get all that excited or internalize that they were having a baby.  It seems like her guard was up to some degree until she actually gave birth.  So, you aren't alone in that reaction post m/c.  If the numbers are going up, take heart as much as you can with that, but if you hold back emotionally, know it's a normal reaction. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I’m so excited to announce that I’m in 2ww too!  I’m usually a week or two behind you guys but I OV’d early this cycle.  In comes at a great timing because I see the RE on the 14thand by then I will know if I’m pg (really hoping for a miracle) or not.  If not, it will be day 2 and just in time to start clomid!  Plus, my acupuncturist will great her wish this cycle.  She recommended that we not BD after two pass OV.  She also wanted me to lay back on exerting myself (cut back on exercise and heavy lifting (like shoveling heavy snow, etc.). She feels I may be exerting myself too much which leads to an unsuccessful implantation.  So, I crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.  I hope this cycle also works out for you ladies as well.

thisleflower and itsallnew- I'm so glad that your numbers are rising!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Tomarra, welcome to the 2ww! :) And Thistle and Itsallnew - keep us posted - so glad your numbers are rising!

Random question - have any of your doctors prescribed progesterone suppositories? I've been using them since 3 DPO, and apparently my RE has Clomid patients use them to support a potential embryo - I guess it increases the lining and whatnot. Just wondering if a doc might prescribe the same for someone who's had a m/c in the past, as extra insurance.

Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. Of course yesterday I googled "early pregnancy symptoms" and read info about how many women have symptoms before the BFP, so thank you for the reminder that many people DON'T. And Kar - good point about the cheapie strips! I definitely used one this morning, and got the fastest BFN imaginable. Must control myself for a few days.

Thinking of all of you and sending good, "sticky" vibes to everyone!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Even the expensive "6 day before" sticks don't always register a positive until well after AF is due.  The strips don't even make the claim to be pre-AF!  Hang on, Tang, you can do it. :)

(I don't know about the progesterone, sorry.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, my exhaustion was undeniable and "impossibly" early.  I never got sore b00bs, but as far as the exhaustion goes I was either pregnant or I had accidently ingested 10 times the regular dose of Benedryl...I was pretty sure I hadn't OD'd on antihistamines!  LOL

Sections
Shortcuts