February TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: February TTC

In Response to Re: February TTC:
    [QUOTE]When I WAS pregnant this time (early) I had tested and got 2 lines a couple of times on HPT.  I then got the pregnant/not pregnant test.  The first came back not pregnant and the second came back with a question mark. What the heck? I thought for sure that I must have had a short chemical pregnancy which 6 1/2 months later, of course, I did not.   I am biased now against those. 
    Posted by luckinlife[/QUOTE]

Ok, now I'm mad at both the digital and non-digital tests.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hey there- Hope everyone is doing well! I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts but I'm glad the haiku-ing is continuing!

So I have a question...  I am 7 days out from AF.  It seems like everyone I talk to is all "Oh I totally knew I was pregnant before I missed my AF"...they could "just tell something was different" or they were puking and tired, etc.  Some of my friends are asking me if I "feel" like I'm pregnant...ummm...no...

I guess I am wondering if that is the norm or can you really be 100% symptomless.  Thanks :)

Also, I know there is that show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant...but I need to hear from real, live ppl because my brain has a hard time wrapping itself around the concept of that program!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've known plenty of symptomless pregnant women who went on to have healthy babies and uneventful pregnancies.  Given that AF is a week late, I'd say it's nearly 100% certain that IF you are pregnant, a home pregnancy test will give you a BFP.  And, conversely, you can probably trust a BFN, too.  I had 2 random 40 day cycles and tested like crazy...BFNs until I got my period both times.  So, go ahead and test - you can believe the result, although, there'd be a slim chance to get a false negative even a week after AF is due.  

GL!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Miss Wolff - I had absolutely NO symptoms until about week 5 or 6 for both pregnancies.  NONE.  One resulted in my daughter, the other I am currently in week 14 of.  :)

When you say 7 days out from AF, do you mean you're 7 days late??  If so, are you going to test??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Haha, no sorry, I wish I was 7 days late. I mean 7 days until AF is due.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh - sorry!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

MissWolff - The only symptom I noticed prior to BFP was that my breasts were tender, which was not a normal PMS symptom for me.  Then around 5-6 weeks, I noticed more symptoms like fatigue, nausea, and frequent bathroom trips.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Mmm unfortunately I have that symptom for almost the entire time from O to AF now that I am off of BCP.

I guess I'm just feeling kind of negative, like I should "know" if I am pregnant and the fact that I don't notice anything different means I'm not.

Kind of illogical, but that's where I'm at.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, you're not 7 days late

OMG, MW, it's far too early for most women to feel symptoms a week before AF is due.  Lots of women don't feel symptoms the entire first trimester or as far in as 5 or 6 weeks pregnant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

I did not know, or feel, at all that I was pregnant with DS... and actually only hindsight made me remember two things that I "noticed." And those two things are very rarely mentioned.  I recall seeing major blue veins in my b00bs probably about a week before I tested (I think your blood flow drastically increases)... and I also recall having 1 fairly unstabling dizzy spell (and who knows if that is related... could have had low bp or blood sugar that day).  I didn't pee more, I didn't feel naseous, not tingly b00bs... etc.  

In short... no way to really know and just chaulk it up to this week will s8ck no matter what :-)  But, I am right there with you so we'll be miserable together (althought I'm about 2-3 days after you).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If everyone just "knew" FRERs would cost about 50 cents for 3-test packs.  There'd be no demand 'cause we'd all just KNOW.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I had a stong intuition really early with my m/c and started temping probably a couple days after ovulation so I could see when I could reasonably test. This time I definitely didn't know that early. During the TWW I had dental x-rays, cold medicine and alcohol because I thought it was not possible. Then on NYE, my one glass of champagne tasted terrible and made me instantly drunk. I was suspicious at that point but thought it was because I was still battling a cold and tested to make sure that I could safely take my cold medicine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Miss Wolf, with my first pregnancy my b00bs were pretty sore a few days before AF was due so I sort of suspected. With my current pregnancy I had no symptoms. None. I was so sure AF was coming and I was pretty shocked when I got a positive test. It's hard but try to focus in something else this week and test after AF is due or else you will drive yourself crazy!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And, you can have symptoms that early and NOT be pregnant.  I threw up for no reason a week before AF last time.  Twice.  Everyone told me I had a stomach bug going around, but I didn't feel that sick, really, and didn't have any other digestive problems.  Took lots of tests, all BFNs.  Then, got my period.  So, either way, wait until after AF is late to test.  

Your body lies either with symptoms of nothing or with no symptoms of something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

MissWolff, when I got pg, I felt like I was getting AF any day. Kind of blah and not quite crampy, but a little "yuck". And that's typical the day or so before AF for me. So I waited a week after AF was due, feeling like that, figuring it would show any second. I was surprised by my positive test because of those feelings, even with AF a week late. Until that day or so that would have been pre-AF, I felt nothing different than normal, so don't despair over not feeling anything. It could still go either way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Ha, yeah. I guess there's truly no way to speculate. Once AF is late, she's late!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

MissWolff, I was going to say something similar to Kar. Be careful not to go searching for symptoms. You'll just drive yourself crazy.

I just got back from the RE. It's going to be a whirlwind month. I thought we would just do one test at a time, but no, I'm having all the tests this month. As soon as AF gets here (either on my own or with medication), I'll have blood tests at CD3 and CD10, an ultrasound at CD10, and at some point, I'm having an HSG and DH is having a sperm test. We're also having genetic testing done. Sounds like they're taking the diagnosis thing seriously! I was afraid they would tell me to wait longer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I always miss so much activity on the boards when I'm in class/at work without access all day!

MW, just hang on another week! :) Give your DH the tests and have him hide them!

Kar, I think you have a real gift with these haikus. You should compile them into a book and persuade Amazon to pair it with OPKs!

Chiclet, good luck with all of your tests this month!

I keep stressing out about whether AF will come each day, then it doesn't, and then I stres out more which probably keeps it away longer. Rah. CD67. This is just getting annoying. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Chicklet, I hope you have a flexible work schedule!  At least they are proactive and getting things figured out asap.  GL!

Thanks, WPP - I actually DID have a book of Haiku that I wrote in 3rd grade. :)

Haiku for MissWolfe

How to tell early...
    I'd be tired, I'd throw up, right?
    Nature's a liar.

Haiku for WPP

ARGH, I'm so confused.
    Aunt Flo is so, late, late, LATE!
    Where, oh, where is she?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Chiclet, while it seems like a lot, I'm so excited for you that they are going gung-ho with the tests.  You will learn many things so much quicker!  The blood tests aren't bad (I'm getting so good at them, but still need to look away).  The CD10 U/S will be va8inal, which is slightly uncomfortable, but actually not as bad as a pap, in my opinion.  And the HSG, which I have had before, for most people is probably just really odd.  Mine actually hurt, but for all of 5 seconds as the dye was being pushed, because I had an ever-so-small blockage.  The dye actually cleared this up though, which was great.
    So good luck and you are many steps closer to your bfp.

My consultation with an RE is this afternoon.  Looking forward to hearing her thoughts given I'm O'ing, having normal AFs and such.  I'm guessing it means my egg quality isn't great.  But, I'll know more this afternoon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

HSG can actually hurt like it did IPW.  ALF had an awful time with it as I recall.  That's not to scare anyone, but being prepared sometime makes it less of a big deal if it does hurt.  You at least don't have to lay there wondering if you're the only one it's very painful for. :)

IPW, that's so scary, in fact, egg quality is my biggest fear.  I'd rather have no eggs than bad eggs.  I hope you find out some encouraging news today.  Keep us posted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thanks for the heads up about the HSG. They told me to take 800mg of Advil an hour before to help with the cramping. Luckily, the bloodwork and ultrasound can be done before work and the hospital where I need to have the HSG is pretty close to my office. On the one hand, I'm glad that they're taking my case seriously. But I also feel like these tests are going to take forever! It sounds like it's going to be two cycles before we even come up with an approved treatment plan. Talk about a marathon!!!

IPW - Sending you good thoughts your appointment today! I hope they have good news for you!

Kar - love those haikus! I think you've found a new calling! :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yes, take pain killers before the HSG. I felt like I was being knifed in the gut and could not breathe.  Honestly, it was higher on the pain scale than my m/c and that was an 8 for the bulk of hte time I was in the hospital.  The only reason the m/c hurt more was b/c it lasted far longer than the HSG.  The HSG was a clear 10 [as in cannot stand it] until they did something that released some of the pressure - they essentially pumped as little fluid as they could but just enough to get a reading. The only reason I wasn't screaming was b/c I was in so much pain I could not breathe to get air in my lungs.  I almost broke the nurse's hand.  I have been told that my experience was 'atypical'.  lol.  I was nauseated and dizzy for hours after it. I was so aggravated b/c I'd been told repeatedly that the test didn't hurt any more than a pinch. Pinch my butttt.  And that test found nothing! I have no blockages.  ?????

The u/s was just weird - it didn't hurt at all and was only 'uncomfortable' for me in the sense that I'm lying on a table and a female tech is sticking what appears to be a sextoy in me.  lol.  Physically, it didn't even register - nothing at all like a pap to me.  I had all the tests done at 1x too, so I don't think it's odd that you are having them all done as well. Well, let me rephrase - I didn't have them all done on the same day, but it was a battery of tests in close succession.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ALF, I'm glad you reminded us of your experience, thanks, so we know it CAN be bad no matter what they say or what is typical.  I'm a big proponent of knowing the potential pitfalls.  Then, we can be prepared if they do happen and extra happy if they don't.  Surprised, though, no.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Haiku for Chicklet

All these tests at once!
    Bloodwork, HSG, pee, sperm...
    It must be worth it!