Feeling a little confused and unsure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Feeling a little confused and unsure

It’s day 37 and still no AF. I decided last Thursday (day 32) I would go ahead and take a test, but I got a negative reading.  How long does it take for a positive reading?  Could this have been a false negative? Should I test again today?

For the past two months I was doing pretty good and then I took a vacation internationally and I think maybe the travel messed my schedule up.  But I'm not 100%. Not sure if I'm just getting my hopes up at the same time, hoping it was a false negative.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Feeling a little confused and unsure

I wish I knew the answers to your questions!  Aren't there some tests that can supposedly detect a pregnancy as soon as you miss your period?  Sending you warm wishes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We can all relate!  None of us have the answers you seek, but I can tell you I've blown through $100s on pg tests over the last year in exactly the same boat.  I wish I could have the self control to just wait a month and THEN test, but I don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Thanks so much. I want to try another test tonight and see. Maybe then I'll just realize that I'm really late (which never is the case) or going to skip AF all together this month (which has happened in the past but not since I've been off BC), so I'm hoping it was just a false negative. ;) Otherwise, tracking next month is going to be super difficult. Thank you ladies!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

At least wait 'til morning for first morning pee so you have less chance of wasting the money if you aren't pg.  Let us know how it goes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

I was wondering if that was better or not, I think I read that somewhere. Thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely wait until the AM.  We'll see what happens and I'll report back. Thanks again!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's when stuff is most concentrated.  We'll be waiting!  Good luck!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Re: Day 36 and still nothing

Do you know when you ovulated?  That can affect when AF arrives.  Traveling could have delayed ovulation.  Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Thanks ladies, got a negative this AM. It's now day 38.  I ovulated the week of Oct 5th. That was also the week I got back from vacation and I have a feeling things are a little messed up because of that. Let's just hope my cycle gets back on track, because charting is going to be difficult this month. Kinda feel like I have to start all over again.

Thanks for listening!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

AF came yesterday. I'm going to say travel had something to do with it. Thanks again!!! :)

Hope everyone has a great day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, that's too bad, 2007!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007wedding. Show 2007wedding's posts

Yeah, but at least it came! I would have been crazy if it didn't and I got the negative result.

:)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Sorry to hear that AF arrived, 2007!  Although I know it can be a relief, at least charting/counting-wise. 

Thought I would mention -- I have one of those medical flex accounts through work (I put a fixed amount each month to an account, pre-tax) and I am 99.9% sure that HPT's are an allowable expense [considered "family planning"], so for those of you TTC-ers, it might be worth asking your HR group if they have any of these pre-tax savings plans.  I use it for all my co-pays, contacts, OTC meds, Rx co-pays ... it saves you a lot of money over the course of the year.  I either submit receipts to the management company (not HR) for reimbursement, or use the card attached to the account.  It's pretty awesome, and I can pay DH's medical expenses, too. 

Just thought I would throw it out there.  Open enrollment season is upon us, and TTC can add up!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hey GC,
    Of course I will ask my employer about the pre-tax medical flex account, but I've been wondering, so I may as well ask you!

I understand the gist of it, but how does it work in action?  For example, how do you make a copay using the money in the flex account?

Thanks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Well, it kind of depends.  My Flex plan has a card option -- I have a credit card that's tied to my flex account, as if a provider (or pharmacy, or whatever) accepts plastic, I just use that -- no muss, no fuss.  You just have to keep the allowable charge separate from any other purchases -- so, I'm at CVS, I would ring up two transactions: one for Rx and other flex stuff, the other for my shampoo and whatever.  

If your treater doesn't take plastic (like, say, my dentist) then you pay the bill and submit a claim to be reimbursed.  Generally takes about a week, depending.  

During open enrollment, I figure out what I pay each month for meds, MD, etc ... then I have that amount taken out of my paycheck pre-tax, so you reduce your taxable income, therefore saving whatever your income tax rate is on those allowable expenses.  

That's just how my plan works, but you find that the little things REALLY add up just in general, and especially if you're taking 2-3 HPT's at a pop.  BTW, while regular vitamins aren't allowable, I think pre-natals are.  Check me on that, though.  

Hope that helps!  Again, that's just my understanding of how it works and my experience with my particular plan.  But it's a benefit that not everyone takes advantage of, and it's like leaving money on the table, especially with health coverage putting more of the cost on the individual.  

Oh, I can also use my card to pay DH's expenses or other dependents -- today, I called MGH and paid the co-pay from his last visit.