Hello!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Hello!!

I just wanted to say hi, give a bit of my history and ask a question :).

I'm soon to be 30 (yikes were did the time go!!), me and DH have been married for a bit over 3 years and TTC since January.  Back in 2001 I had a tumor removed from my ovary and they found stage II endo while they went in there to remove the tumor.  In 2007 I went in for another lap to remove the endo again because it was causing a lot of pain and at the same time they checked my tubes, after the surgery they told me that one of them was blocked.  My Dr. wanted to rule out a possible spasm so he had me get an HSG done a couple months later and this confirmed the result.

I've always had long cycles (usually 35-50 days), so I started charting (yes I have TCOYF Smile) and was happy to see that I do infact ovulate.  I have been to see a RE and had a panel of bloodwork done up on Day 3 on my cylce, which did not indicate any additional problems.  However I have noticed I start spotting on 10 dpo, with my period starting around days 12-13, do you girls think this would be considered a short LP, or is this something you wouldn't be concerned about?

I guess I already feel like I have a fair amount of things stacked up against me for getting PG, and if I can have something done to swing things more in my favor it would be better!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Re: Hello!!

Welcome - sorry I can't answer your question.  Have you discussed it with your RE.  I think that would be the best source for your information.   Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Antimony79. Show Antimony79's posts

Thanks for the response.  I should probably just call like you suggested.  I've been on the fence about my RE.  My OB recommended this practice (NEFC) because of the pre-existing issues I had before even TTC, which was compounded by the fact that my DH had a vasectomy at the age of 30 (long story short, he had no kids but was with a woman for 10 years who had twins, he's 39 now).  Went to see the RE and he just right away said we should do IVF (which insurance wouldn't cover because of the vasectomy).  We decided to try the reversal first and the RE was kinda snotty about it.  DH got the reversal and it was a success (SA fell within all normal ranges 3 months later).  DH talked to the RE about his SA results and RE said to try till Julyish and come back if we have no luck, but I really feel like he didn't bother to look at my chart because he told me that he would want to start me on clomid right away (the day we decided on the reversal first).

For years DH and I struggled with how to approach TTC, but I at least feel better now knowing the reversal was a success, and I think for us it was the right way to go.  I've been very undecided if I would do IVF and at least this way gives us a chance to at least try naturally...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd try to find a doc I trust first and foremost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the response.  I should probably just call like you suggested.  I've been on the fence about my RE.  My OB recommended this practice (NEFC) because of the pre-existing issues I had before even TTC, which was compounded by the fact that my DH had a vasectomy at the age of 30 (long story short, he had no kids but was with a woman for 10 years who had twins, he's 39 now).  Went to see the RE and he just right away said we should do IVF (which insurance wouldn't cover because of the vasectomy).  We decided to try the reversal first and the RE was kinda snotty about it.  DH got the reversal and it was a success (SA fell within all normal ranges 3 months later).  DH talked to the RE about his SA results and RE said to try till Julyish and come back if we have no luck, but I really feel like he didn't bother to look at my chart because he told me that he would want to start me on clomid right away (the day we decided on the reversal first). For years DH and I struggled with how to approach TTC, but I at least feel better now knowing the reversal was a success, and I think for us it was the right way to go.  I've been very undecided if I would do IVF and at least this way gives us a chance to at least try naturally...
    Posted by Antimony79[/QUOTE]

Hi Antimonly79 - I don't have anything that groundbreaking to offer, except I think with your history your RE should be more proactive about doing tests and checking you out.  I have irregular periods and due to the advice from this board I've gone to my dr, and he's done a bunch of tests - and this is all in preparation for "trying."  So - if yours is not looking at your charts, etc. and instead insisting that you try on your own 'til July, I think you should shop around.  HTH.