How late is late?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmykdreamstar. Show cmykdreamstar's posts

How late is late?

my cycle is somewhat irregular since going off the pill in december. i've had 33 day, two 28 day, another 33 day cycles since keeping track. i'm now on day 35 and still waiting for AF. Anyone have advice on how late is considered late for AF? I took a test last night and it was neg. my husband and i aren't actively TTC yet, but haven't been super careful either. i feel like i haven't had any pg symptoms and today i feel super bloated. any thoughts are appreciated! : )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Re: How late is late?

It could have been a false positive - what did the directions on the test say?  How many days?  I would give it another day or two then test again.  I know the most common error with these tests is testing too early.  If you are really uncertain, you could call your doc as well...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmykdreamstar. Show cmykdreamstar's posts

it was a first response test - the early predictor kind. i'll wait until next week and see what happens. the wondering is killing me!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd say you probably aren't pg.  You are 2 days past your longest cycle so that should be enough time for the HCG to be detectable by FR.  However, test again, next week just to be sure if AF hasn't arrived yet.  I'm betting you're bloated from PMS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmykdreamstar. Show cmykdreamstar's posts

that's what i was thinking too. i'm just not used to having such irregular cycles since i was on BC for over 10 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to Re: How late is late?:
    [QUOTE]that's what i was thinking too. i'm just not used to having such irregular cycles since i was on BC for over 10 years.
    Posted by cmykdreamstar[/QUOTE]
         From old nursing courses - any 1 period in a regular person's whole year, any year, is likely to be up to 10 days out of whack with their regular cycle, due to worry/stress, illness, starting or stopping a diet or exercise program.
         Everyone has heard of athletes or models who do not get periods, or a few a year only. 
         Many people do do realize that a certain amount of body fat stored is necessary for your hormonal system, or that some vitamins and nutrients are not water soluble, but paired with fats from what you eat each day, to enter your system and be metabolized.  So a sudden change in exercise  where you are using lots more calories than you are taking in, can have an effect, maybe a day, longer if the change in diet and exercise lasts.
         Some summers I notice it if off BC  when the water warms up in summer, when  for days in a row I will swim miles on a lake , then add on a few hours paddling a canoe because the weather is so nice.  Or 2-3 days hiking in one week.  I never skip, but anywhere from 3 to 7 days late is common.  By then I either eat enough to catch up with the extra exercise, or I get lazy, and all back to normal.  Runners who train more the last weeks before a 10K or longer race often notice a 1 month change too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmykdreamstar. Show cmykdreamstar's posts

that's some great information! the littlest things can throw everything out of whack! i've been working out for years, so i doubt that has anything to do with it for me. in fact the past two weeks, i've been more lazy. so maybe that has something to do with it. one thing i noticed is that i had started taking a multi-vitamin about two months ago and that's when my cycle started getting longer (after the two 28 cycles the previous months). i had some lower back pain this afternoon, so i'm sure AF is on her way, on CD36 today and waiting.