how long did it take post MC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

how long did it take post MC?

all - i hope this isn't a painful or insensitive topic for those who have had MCs, but i was wondering how long it took for AF to come?  i know it's likely to be different for everyone, but i'm curious nonetheless.  and once AF came back did you resume your "regular" cycles?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: how long did it take post MC?

Mine was so early that my m/c mimiced AF itself, just a few days later than usual (although, technically it wasn't AF at all because to be AF it has to be precipitated by hormonal events that do not happen if conception has occurred).  I never had any cycle differences after that...and never got pregnant again.

But, this is one of those things that there is an average (because one can calculate an average of any set of numbers), but it's meaningless to anyone one person because the standard deviation is so wide.  In other words, no one else's experiences either singularly or collectively will help you predict what will happen for you.

Best wishes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Sorry to hear about your m/c Stefani - Hope that you are hanging in there.

When I had m/c it took about 4/5 weeks for AF to come back, from there the next cycle was normal (within 4ish weeks).  I have heard for some people it can take longer though.  I think if it goes over 6/7 weeks I would probably give the Dr a call just to be sure that its "normal"...unless that is how your cycles typically are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

It might depend on how far along you were when you miscarried, but my doc said that AF should return anytime between 4-8 weeks post MC, and to call if it hadn't returned after 8 weeks. Mine came back 4-5 weeks later, and stayed with its usual cycle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I'm one of those stories of the people who get pregnant while waiting for AF to come, so I never had a normal cycle after my miscarriage.  I have two close friends who had m/c...one got her AF 7 weeks after, the other about 5.  Interestingly, the one who had the longer wait was the one who usually had a shorter cycle than the one who got it sooner...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

My m/c happened really early and AF returned about a month after the first day of bleeding. It was a natural m/c and not a D&C - I don't know if it would be different following that. I was temping and clearly documented ovulation about two weeks in, so it definitely could've been possible to never have AF before getting pregnant again. If you are not sure, it couldn't hurt to test.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

cici makes a great point - you only get your period after you go through the hormonal dominos that precipitate ovulation.  If you get pregnant when that happens the first time after a m/c, you'll never see AF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileyd. Show smileyd's posts

My doc put me on birth control to get my cycles regular again.  He wanted me to have 2 regular cycles, so I was on the pill for 2 months, then went off, had 1 regular period and got pregnant...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Stefani, I m/c at 10 weeks. I did not need a D&C.  The next cycle came at 4/5 weeks. The one after that was the typical 28/30 days later.  However, both were extremely heavy w/ severe cramping, which I had never had before. I had a few more months of that [fun!] until I got put on BC for a few months to regulate my cycles again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

wow alf, i had forgotten you MC'd at 10 weeks.  ugh.  seems like one should be in the clear by then!  :( 

anyway - thanks all for your feedback.  the planner in me is just trying to map out the next stage of my TTC journey... :)