How often do we do the deed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hdhc. Show hdhc's posts

How often do we do the deed

Looking for more opinions because it is about 50/50 right now.  This is month 2 of TTC with ovulation kit.  My hubby has been "holding" it for peak week because he is 38 and the supply ain't what it used to be.  Of course, my response is that there are still hundreds of thousands of swimmers and it only takes one!  60 years old men have babies!
    We have NOT done any testing on his swimmers or any testing on me.  My question:  how often should we try once the ovulation sticks read positive AND should he be holding it???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

Re: How often to we do the deed

Unless he has a confirmed problem with count or motility, I would not suggest holding it (that just means the little swimmers are getting older in there while they wait).  I think the most recent advice that came out is doing it every day is okay during your window.  The older, tried-and-true advice is to go with every other day during the window. I don't think there has ever been a recommendation to hold it during non-fertile times.  I'm not a doctor, but I don't think this would help and it might hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Holding it during non-fertile times doesn't impact sperm count.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hdhc. Show hdhc's posts

Thank you!  I think I have him convinced this is not the way to go...I don't think he will object. It really stinks waiting!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

We were told that if there is any concern about viable sperm to do it every other day.  DH was tested and we have no restrictions, but I can't get him going more than every other day.  :-) 

Sections
Shortcuts