iui beginning of december - about to start shots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

iui beginning of december - about to start shots

Hi all,
    I've been away for a little while - decided to take a break and go to california with hubbie.  it was great, but now back to reality! I am at day one now and will start the shots on Friday - I am nervous for side effects and...basically the whole process.  I will be taking gonal shots for 5 days and then trigger shot and then iui on day 15 - I guess thanksgiving is out the window this year, but I'm not going to worry about that - just going to try to stay positive.  if anyone else is going through this or has been through this, I can't WAIT to hear from you - I am nervous and need a buddy :)
    hope everyone is well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

Re: iui beginning of december - about to start shots

Just wanted to wish you well.  I did an IUI in May (mostly to satisfy insurance prior to IVF approval).  The procedure itself is effortless, and the gonal-f shots leading up to it are not scary.  The needles are TEENY and they'll give you a lesson first.  Ice the area and you won't feel anything at all.  Side effects for me were minimal if any, and I was initially really nervous about getting them. 

I'm a little confused about your cycle - the procedure should follow about 24 hours after trigger, since the trigger is preparing your body for that event.  Did I read it wrong that you have 10 days in between?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dec74. Show Dec74's posts

Hi,

Wanted to wish you luck..I have been through it and can tell you it is worth it!!!  I took the gonal -f/trigger and had an IUI in Sept 08.  i gave birth to health twins in May - A boy and a girl.  I had no side effects from the shots and the IUI procedure is quick and painless.  Try not to be nervous about it!!!  Wishing you the best!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

thank you so much flaxen and dec74!!! i start tomorrow and this is EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED to hear!!!!!

flaxen, I am taking gonal-f on days 3,4,5,6 and 7.  then ovidrel (trigger) on day 13 and iui on 15.  i guess this is all approximate based on my ultrasound and blood work results but that's the general idea that they gave me at my consultation.

do you mean ice the area before of after the shot? that's a great suggestion, I just want to make sure I have it right!

good luck to you flaxen and congratulations on the twins dec.  that is great news!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

Cookies - I am currently pregnant from a result of my second IUI round.  I was nervous too but the shots aren't bad at all.  The only thing I found a bit much was the back and forth for the B/W and U/S but you gotta do what you gotta do.   You are exactly right about it being an approximate timeline it all depends on how you are reacting to the shots.  You will have a clear idea of what happens when because the nurses will keep you informed.  Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

hey cookies - just checking in and seeing how your shots are going. When is your IUI?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

can someone give a quick summary of what IUI entails?  i know what it stands for but are the shots just to induce ovulation at the right time for the insemination, or are they for something else?  my dr mentioned going on clomid and combining it with IUI, but what you're talking about in this thread is different.  thanks!  (and looking forward to an update from cookies!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

stefani - the shots or clomid are just different meds to stimulate the follicle production. The injectibles are usually stronger than Clomid. Once the doctors have decided you are ready to ovulate, you get a trigger shot and then 1-2 days later go in for the insemination.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

hi there!
    Sorry to have been out of the loop.  had my iui yesterday and it went really well...the nurse was a doll and made me feel so comfortable and so informed.  It was all kind of emotional - thinking that I may have conceived on that table with her in the room - I just had to give her a hug at the end!! poor girl didn't see it coming :) So far so good - I started to feel bloated and crampy yesterday afternoon and felt like my uterus was 20 pounds when I woke up this morning! feeling okay tonight - trying not to get wrapped up in the possibillities because I don't want to fall too hard if it's a negative.  This two week wait is like watching paint dry! I am trying to keep my mind off of it - going to Maine this weekend for a little r & r! I don't know about any of you, but I can't help these pessimistic thoughts - about a negative result or worse - a miscarriage...I guess when things don't come as easy it just makes you feel vulnerable to all of the other hurtful possibilities.  sorry - I don't sound very positive right now I am just scared...excited but really scared to be hurt. 
    I have been thinking about all of you and hope you are all well!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

cookies - (i'll speak for everyone by saying) we are all crossing our fingers for you!!!  congrats on getting this far!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gimmieabreak. Show gimmieabreak's posts

Going for an IUI myself this weekend and pray that you have started a trend :) Wishing you all the best!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookiesandbrownies. Show cookiesandbrownies's posts

GOOD LUCK gimmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You'll do great Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flaxen. Show flaxen's posts

Good luck, Cookies and Gimmie!  Fingers and toes crossed for you both. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Good luck Cookies!  You know, I have been through this so many times it actually helps me to think ok, if it doesn't work what is the next step.  My husband is the opposite and is eternally optimistic.  It does not help me to be overly optimistic so I totally get what you are saying.

My donor had a super, duper response.  I am going for transfer today.
    As my husband and I always say - "going to pick up the babies"  :)

How are you doing flaxen?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

YAAAY, lil!!!  I'm so glad I saw your post.  Wishing you all the best today and a very big Christmas present coming!!!!!!!!  fingers crossed!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

LIL - have a great, great day!  I hope everything works out and that your husband's optimism pays off!

Flax - are you testing today, or soon?  

Gimmie and Cookies... best of luck.  Hope the IUI sticks and you get some good news after your 2WW.

AFM, I am either testing, or receiving AF this Sunday morning.  That is the day of my cousin's baby shower, and I wasn't going to test, but I think I want to.  Don't have major symptoms... but a few that I could read either way.  Been very gassy and some cramps.  But, all could be related to my recent dinners :-)

Good luck everyone else... I think there were a few more in 2WW?  Have a great weekend.

Sections
Shortcuts