January 2013 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Re: January 2013 TTC

Kar, I had the same thing happen to me two months in a row, weird cycle and spotting. FWIW, once I got back on my Vitamin D regiment (2,000 IUIs daily) my cycle regulated almost immediately. Maybe worth a shot?

But I'll wish for implantation bleeding for you :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ml :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

AF finally arrived yesterday.  I was pretty sure I wasn't PG, and the 2 BFN's proved it, though the 4 days late was strange.  At least I can move on with this cycle now.  Have to call the doctor today to schedule the day 3 u/s and to find out when I start the injections.  Have a good day everyone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Good luck Wed!  I was two days late last cycle, and I'm usually pretty regular.  It can mess with your head.  But you now have something exciting to look forward to - a new cycle.  Keep us posted how the process goes.  Like I've said, we are 99% sure we are not going to move forward with an IUI or IVF (I think we see the same doctor btw), but we have about a year before we "close up shop," so who knows :-)  But I'm very curious about your experience as Dr. S. recommended the same exact course for us as she did for you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

Good luck Wed!

Kar, I hope you sort out your spotting situation.

As for me, I had an u/s today. 7 weeks (not 6 as expected) and everything looks normal and healthy. I am still a bit nervous, but feeling better overall.

I go back in 3 weeks for another u/s and a non-invasive blood test that will show us if there are any big genetic issues (downs, etc). My fingers will stay crossed until then. So far, so good!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, Hib!  I know it's still nerve wracking, but every bit of good news...hoping for more until the birth of your healthy little one.

Thanks, I'm sure it was nothing. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hib that is great news, congrats. I hope the trend continues. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Great news, Hib! 

Thanks for the well wishes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Wed good luck moving forward!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Glad to hearyou're doing well, Hib. :)

Wed, good luck with your next steps.

I've been googling for answers on a question I have but haven't been able to find anything helpful. So the standard treatment for PCOS is 1) TTC: ovulatory meds, lose weight if necessary and 2) If not TTC: birth control, lose weight if necessary. What about if youre not doing fertility treatment but don't want to prevent pregnancy? What is there besides birth control? This is a long ways off for me, but I was just thinking about it. I'm hugely against going back on birth control ever again, and assuming I do get pregnant, etc, what then? Just take provera every three or four months to get a period so the lining doesn't build up too much? Just curious about this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

wpp - i don't know if you really HAVE to do anything about PCOS.  I went off bc and only then did the dr tell me i had PCOS, based on the irregularity and infrequency of my periods.  i think had i not been TTC i could have just left it all alone and just had irregular periods (annoying, obviously, but manageable).  i ended up taking clomid and getting PG, and after my pregnancy my periods became normal and i was able to become PG the next time without any intervention.  so based on my experience i'd say - don't stress about it, see where the road takes you and figure it out then.  hth. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you're pleased with your currect doctor and believe she will do everything possible to overcome any obstacles you have to getting pregnant, do what she recocmmends.  Not every problem has a specific, concrete solution.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Stef, has your doctor ever mentioned that you need to have a bleed every so often? From what I understand, that's the issue with PCOS--the lining can build up too much and become cancerous. birth control signals your body to bleed so that's why they prescribe them. I really don't want to go back on birth control though, so I was thinking maybe occasional Provera would be an option.

this is probably years away for me, but these are the things I obsess over :)

also, this typing mechanism is awful and words disappear as I type them. I'm continually amazed at how terrible this site is! BDC, hire a programmer! At least one!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, I get being concerned, but weight gain, insomnia, headaches, hormonal fluctuations, etc., can all be caused by habitual, constant rumination.  Take your concerns to your doctor, follow her guidance.  then, having done all you can do to set yourself up for ttc success, redirect your energy to make your emotional health as vital to you as your physical health.  I think you'll find improvement in both will follow soon thereafter.

I myself am a recovering obsessor so I get it...I really do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

WPP - I asked the RE about how to regulate my PCOS post-baby. He said that most people have success regulating PCOS with BCP, but if you didn't want to go that route (and you wouldn't right away anyway if you're nursing), you could just do the Provera thing every few months so you get a bleed. I don't know if I'm insulin-resistant but I have mentioned to my PCP that I want to pursue that once I have the baby. If I am insulin-resistant, I fully plan on going on Metformin or whatever to regulate things, which might fix my cycle as well. I have a friend who isn't TTC but is taking Metformin for her PCOS. I just don't want the insulin thing to go unchecked where it's the cause of a lot of other crap like heart disease. If I'm not insulin-resistant, I'm probably just going to do the Provera thing as needed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

WPP, sorry, I don't know much about PCOS so I don't have anything to add, though looks like you got some good advice. 

AFM, our IUI is scheduled for Friday morning.  I am trying not to get my hopes up, though at the same time, really hope it works!  My stomach is so bruised from all the injections.  I forgot to ask the Dr. if I could switch to my thighs or my arms, the video instructions show those as additional spots though she and the nurse both told me to inject in my stomach so that is what we did.  Tonight we do the trigger shot which is supposed to trigger ovulation in 24-48 hours.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Yay Wed...very best of luck.  So sorry about your belly.  I would imagine the bruising will go away soon.  When you are doing injectibles with IUI... do they do any ultrasounds during the early days to check follicles?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

In response to IPWBride's comment:

Yay Wed...very best of luck.  So sorry about your belly.  I would imagine the bruising will go away soon.  When you are doing injectibles with IUI... do they do any ultrasounds during the early days to check follicles?

Thanks!  Yes, I had an u/s on day 3 for a baseline and then was told to take the meds for 4 nights. I went back for another u/s on day 7 and then day 9 and that is when they told me my follicles looked good and to do the trigger shot.  It was the same process when I did it with Clomid the first time around, though more difficult trying to figure out what to do with DD since they appts are all between 7-8:15 and she doesn't go to day care until 8.  It was a bit stressful, and DH had to go to work late a few days, not normally a big deal though they are in the midst of layoffs so trying not to rock the boat.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Wed, I hope your IUI went well this morning! When do you hear about it? Do they monitor anything?

Daisy, thanks for relaying your pcos experiences. What you're doing is exactly what I plan to when (if) I get pregnant (minus the metformin bc I don't have the insulin resistance). I'm also really against taking bcp again. This is far away, and really not anything I should worry about now; sometimes I just rather think about what I'll do later so I'm not overwhlemed by what's going on now. 

I have a CD10 u/s tomorrow to see if the femara is doing anything. I've been having daily, multiple times a day lower right abdominal pain. Sometimes it's sharp and feels like something's popping and other times it's a dull ache. Side effects from meds? Cysts? Something terrible? I'm going to ask tomorrow too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks WPP!  Now I just wait and see.  If AF doesn't arrive then I go in for a blood test on 2/11, no more monitoring at this point.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Blood test Sunday to see if the last IUI worked.  If not...  We met with Dr. last week to work out a treatment plan going forward.  Two more IUI cycles, then on to IVF.  I'm staying on Clomid (increased dose) rather than going to injectibles.  She's trying to minimize my risk of multiples.  But also because I am a mess about needles.  Seriously, the ovadrel shot gave me a panic attack.  She's also adding several other meds to the mix once she checks hormone levels, etc, at the blood test on Sunday.  Here's hoping.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

KMMZ, hopto you get good news on Sunday! I know what you mean with the shots...I swear I can feel the liquid flushing into my body. DH thinks I'm crazy. Have you been responding to the clomid? Have you been using it the whole time?

I had my HSG yesterday and it was uncomfortable, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Good news is there are no issues there and they said it's a good cycle to try because the tubes are flushed out and open.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think a number of people here did get pg after that test, WPP - good luck!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

WPP - so glad its wasn't too bad!  Good luck this cycle... yes they are squeaky clean.  Who knows whether it was coincidence or not, but as Kar says, I got PG 5 days after my HSG.  Well... the first one... unfortuantely not the second one this last round :-)

Very best of luck to KMMZ and Wed... would be so nice to graduate some more folks to the PG board :-)