January 2014 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

January 2014 TTC

Good news so far for us, our beta increased on Thursday.  And my bleeding has really slowed down so fingers crossed we are going in the right direction.  Waiting on a call from the OB today to see what our course of action is going forward.  The nurse suggested a few more betas to make sure that things continue to progress but wanted to check with the OB before sending me off to the lab. 

Hope everyone else is doing well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Re: January 2014 TTC

Glad to hear your news!  Hopefully your numbers keep increasing.  Did you end up calling the doctor because of the bleeding and positive HPT?  Then they had you come in for blood work?

Im in the 2 ww.  If it doesnt happen, it wont be for lack of trying...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Actually Pugs, I didn't even get a + in a HPT.  I noticed a similar pattern to when my DS was conceived: positive OPK, 2 days later heavy period like bleeding.  Once the bleeding had lasted over a week I called the OB to explain what was happening and they offered to do a blood test.  So I was still in the 2ww and should have been patient buttttt I wasn't and they offered so it worked for me!

Good luck in your 2ww.  I hope you have more patience than I did :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I am glad things are looking positive for you,  CLC!  Good luck in the 2ww, Pugs.  

Had a second u/s yesterday and saw the baby with a strong heartbeat!  I was so relieved.   Still won't feel comfortable for a few more weeks, my MC was at 11 weeks.  At 7w3d now and graduating to the OB so making progress! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Wed!  Good luck with the rest of the first Tri.  Graduating to the OB must feel awesome!

Heard from the OB this morning and went in for more blood work at lunch.  If my betas are still increasing then they will schedule my first appointment.  Fingers crossed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

woohoo Wed!  Must feel good to graduate to the OB!  Sticky thoughts for you!

CLC - good thing you know your body and glad to hear your numbers are increasing! Finger crossed! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

I am so happy for you Wed and CLC!! Praying for a Happy and Healthy 9 mo for you both.

Pugs... your next hunny, I feel it ;)

I am on CD 9 , this weekend should be my fertile time, just hope I ovulate this month. Last cycle was so out of whack, I just want to be back to normal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Think good thoughts for me.  Beta on tuesday increased but not where they thought it would be.  Back for more blood work this morning and the bleeding has increased.  Seriously hoping this little nugget holds on but I could use all the extra good thoughts.  I should hear from the DR in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Thinking good thoughts for both of you!  

clc - Let us know what the dr says!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thinking good thoughts for you CLC!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks guys.  It's not looking good unfortunatley.  My betas only rose slightly in 48 hours, no where near doubling.  And the bleeding has increased.  I'm waiting to hear from the OB this morning to figure out what the plan is for me going forward.  Trying to hold on to a tiny bit of hope but it's not quite working.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Heard from the OB this afternoon.  They are concerned about ectopic but want to wait for another beta on Monday to see what's happening.  The good news is that the levels haven't dropped at all so while they aren't increasing they at least aren't decreasing.  So more waiting! Thanks for all of your continued good thoughts :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thinking positive thoughts for good news for you CLC.  How do they determine if ectopic, ultrasound?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Haven't been online much outside of CC (sparingly) for the last month as I've been dealing with a health issue affecting my vision, but it's a lot better now so coming in to say hello and get caught up a bit.

congrats, Wed, on the bfp and seeing the heartbeat!  Hoping all continues to go well.

clc, hoping the beta not having gone up was a temporary fluke and things will be ok despite a rough start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Unfortunately I just heard from the OB and I miscarried.  Luckily my levels are almost down to zero as of this morning.  Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Im sorry to hear that, clc.  My heart goes out to you.  Do you think you will start trying again right away?  Not sure if that is even an option?

AF came last Friday.  No luck here.  Maybe this month?  CLC - what kind of OPK did you use?  Thinking of picking up some.  AF varies in how many days it comes.  32, 27, 32, 28!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I am so sorry CLC.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Pugs - the OB said as soon as my levels are back under 5 we can start trying again.  They hope in a week I should be all set.  I think for now we will not prevent but perhaps I'll relax a little on the crazy OPK testing. 

Here's the brand that I use... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026995KO/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like that they are both cheap and come with the cheap pregnancy tests.  I don't feel guilty when I test early with those!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KatMac27. Show KatMac27's posts

Clc ~ I am so sorry to hear that  ~hugs~ 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Clc, so sorry to hear that.  It's a relief to not have had it ectopic, but no less sad.  Hugs!!

Pugs I also have a variable cycle and used and liked the el cheapos from amazon.  They come in bulk and work fine if you're willing to dip; they are not poas style.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks all, I really appreciate it.

Kar - how are you feeling? So scary to be dealing with eye issues.  I hope you're feeling better.  I was starting to wonder where you were :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for asking, clc.  It WAS scary, indeed, and to not make ttc all about me, lol, I kind of skimped on details, but here's the short version. 

Dec 11 I woke up feeling as I stepped out of bed that I was actually stepping off a super fast merry-go-round.  Extreme vertigo/spinning, vomiting, pitching onto my face, AND severe diagonal double vision.  Over the next two weeks, we ruled out the big stuff, got a "sometimes these things just happen," and was sent to PT with the assumption that it was probably sediment in my cochlea.  I was in pure hell for two weeks up to PT where they immediately recognized it wasn't my ear, it was a pinched nerve in my neck.  Got an emergency chiropractic adjustment of my cervical spine and got an immediate 70% relief of symptoms.  It's been about 3 weeks since and I've improved slowly since freeing the nerve to heal.  The first two weeks were a 7th circle of hell version of Groundhog Day.  Oh, and as soon as the PT woman told me it was my neck, I remembered what I had done the night before - slept facing down with my forehead resting on my wrist all night (for space above mattress to breath) to avoid post nasal drip coughing from a cold.  Yup, I crunched C1 in good shape for sure, but I didn't cough!

I can drive, now, so that's good.  No double vision, and only slight vertigo remains especially after tensing (I'm a jaw clencher) at night.  After 10 min of stretching I'm at about 95%.

Thanks so much for asking. :)

How are you doing?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Wow, Kar that's a crazy story.  I'm so glad it has a happy ending and thank god for the PT's that correctly diagnosed you.  Good luck getting back to 100%  You were missed around here!

As for me, I'm okay.  I have a good group of ladies at home that I met through doing play group with my DS.  I talk to them daily through FB and several of them have been through at least one miscarriage so it's nice to have someone to talk to that has been through it.  Yesterday one of them left me the nicest message that made me cry but has really helped.  I keep thinking back to it.  Here's what she said, I hope that this can help anyone else that's been through a loss.

"If you believe in heaven, then I'm sure your baby is there. And even though you never got to meet or hold him or her, your relatives that are already there will do that for you!"

Such a nice way to think of my baby from now on.  DH is having a tough time, he's trying really hard to make things better for me and not really taking time to grieve himself but that will come. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  I'll be 100% soon; it's good to have hope which was all but gone at the 2 week mark.

I totally believe miscarried babies are in Heaven.  I saw a story on a news program that featured a little boy about 5 who, when he was t or three, had died on the operating table.  He was revived and told his parents afterward that his sister, HerName (I can't remember), said to tell them she's ok, loves them, and will see them, again. He had described her as being a young woman. They had miscarried a baby girl that their son had never known about who was named the name she called herself.

Best wishes as you both continue to heal. Hugs!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

I'm so sorry, clc. I hope both you and your husband get to take some time together to heal.