January 2014 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Re: January 2014 TTC

Thanks for the recommendations, Ladies!  

Kar - glad you are feeling better!  I cant believe that sleeping on your arm could cause so much harm!  

clc - That was such a nice message your friend left you.  And a great way to think about your loss.  I must be so hard on you and DH.  Sorry, again. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

thanks, yeah, it's amazing I could do this much damage sleeping with my head crunched backward, but the same symptoms can occur with whiplash and other cervical spine issues, too.  If you ever experience double vision and vertigo, put upper spine on the list of things you get checked out (I had a CT and MRIs).  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Hi All! Glad to see so many familiar names on here. I wanted to join in the convo as my DH and I will be TTC #2 this month. We have a 19 month old DD. I just went off BC a month ago and have had one (39day) cycle since then. It only took us 2 months to conceive DD, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I know that's not the norm...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Hi Summer - Good Luck!  It such an exciting time!  DS was concieved in 2 months as well...This time is a different story, IUD out mid- sept and no baby yet.   I hope your outcome is better than mine :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

CLC, I think I already posted in I&T, but I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's wonderful that you have a supportive group around you.

I don't usually read this board, but I came over because I saw Kar's name pop up - Kar, I was wondering where you were!  I'm sorry to hear about that hellish experience but glad you're on the mend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks so much, med, hugs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

clc, I posted on I&T too, but wanted to echo my empathy. I'm glad you're finding peace through your friend's comments. 

Kar, that sounds terrifying. Glad to hear you're all right. Muscles in your neck (suboccipitals) are connected to vision and when they're restricted that can contribute to headaches and vision problems. If you find the bony bump at the back of your head--external occipital protuberance--and move your fingers down marginally and to either side, you can find the muscles there. Maybe you can recruit your DH to give you a neck massage :)

Wed, congrats and I hope your pregnancy has been progressing normally and you're out of the scary time soon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You'd be busy with me if we lived nearby, WPP, but since that is sadly not the case, DH has been doing his best with my upper spine. You're right, it does help.  You and the PT woman know more about it than the ER doc, ENT doc, and my PCP.  It was terrifying, indeed, and made moreso by their shrugging their shoulders in befuddlement.  Oh, well, someone figured it out, and all's well that ends well.  Thanks!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Finally some good news, my levels are back to zero so we can start TTC again whenever we want.  Not sure I'm ready to try again right away.  I think I need to process that a little and see if I need a break.  Anyone else that's had a miscarriage did you feel the same way?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

CLC, I felt the same way.  I wasn't sure I wanted to try again at all.  It was so much work with all the doctor appointments and making excuses for all the time off at work.  Plus my age.  It is an emotional time.  I told DH that we should think about it and decide after the holidays what we wanted to do.  I was never expecting the BFP in December after 5 years of trying and medical intervention and then it happens when we weren't trying at all.

AFM, going to the OB for the first visit today.  So hoping they hear a heartbeat.  This is the appointment where we got the bad news last time.  I am making DH come with me this time.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to wedoct09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CLC, I felt the same way.  I wasn't sure I wanted to try again at all.  It was so much work with all the doctor appointments and making excuses for all the time off at work.  Plus my age.  It is an emotional time.  I told DH that we should think about it and decide after the holidays what we wanted to do.  I was never expecting the BFP in December after 5 years of trying and medical intervention and then it happens when we weren't trying at all.

AFM, going to the OB for the first visit today.  So hoping they hear a heartbeat.  This is the appointment where we got the bad news last time.  I am making DH come with me this time.   

[/QUOTE]

I hope all goes well, we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hope your appointment went well Wed.  Thinking of you guys!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc - glad to hear your levels are back to normal.  Just take your time if you are not ready.  There is no rush...

Wed - How did your appt go?  I hope good news...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks guys.  As I thought might happen, they couldn't hear the heartbeat.  It is just too early (9.5 wks), they said around 11 wks is normal, especially since my uterus is tilted backwards, it is usually hard to find anyway.  It doesn't make it any easier though.  So now I get to worry for 2 more weeks until my ERA appointment.  She did say that everything else looked good and on track for where I am so she wasn't worried.  Hoping for good news in 2 weeks!

How are you doing, CLC?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Wed - Sorry you were not able to hear the heartbeat.  Did they do an internal ultra sound? When I was that early my doctor ordered an internal ultra sound to make sure everything was progressing.  Its that what you mean about the ERA?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry about that Wed.  My OB wouldn't even try before 10 weeks, even though I requested it.  They said it wasn't worth the stress.  If they hadn't been able to find it I probably would have agreed.

I'm doing okay, thank you for asking.  I think I've decided that I don't want to stop trying but I think I need to take some time away from the OPK's.  Might help me relax some.  We are going on our first family vacation with DS over February break so until we get back from that i'm going to stay away from the OPKs.  Perhaps with the pressure off we will get a sticky pregnancy all on our own. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Pugs, the ERA is the early risk assessment where they do an u/s and blood work to look for genetic abnormalities.   I think they may only do it at age 35+.

I am glad you are starting to feel better CLC.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

CLC, I think taking a break from the monitoring (OPKs, etc) sounds like a healthy decision. You're already dealing with a loss, so take your time gearing back into TTC.  I remember after my MC, I kept dealing with more waves of the loss as time went on...dates on the calendar for doctor's appointments I didn't have to go to, that kind of thing.  It's not something that you get over, but like any loss, it's something you get through.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Hi all,

I have a couple questions maybe you all could give insight to. I've been off BC for about 2 months, and have had 1 39 day cycle since then. Now into my 2nd cycle, I'm using OPKs and got a positive a week ago. According to the site I'm using to track everything, my next period shouldn't be til Feb 7 however it appears to be starting today. I'm wondering if it could be implantation bleeding or just my next cycle starting early. I know it can take a while for things to regulate so I'm assuming it's that.

Anyone else have experience with this? I haven't been off BC in a long time so I don't know what to expect.

(and obviously I know no one is psychic and knows exactly what's going on, but any ideas are welcomed :)  )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Since I've officially taken my last bc pill, I'm jumping on here. My DS will be 2 next month, and I have all intentions of being more "relaxed" (ha!) this time around TTC, but now that I'm officially not-not-TTC, I felt like reaching out.

Summer, it is hard to tell especially after only 2 cycles. Were you regular before? I would suspect that with how low-dose most bc is these days, cycles wouldn't take very long to regulate after going off, but I have no evidence on that one. FWIW, I had similar implantation bleeding with DS. Then again, I had it the month before I got pg with him, too -- bleeding a few days before I was due that stopped, followed shortly after by a heavy AF. I always wondered if I had implantation bleeding then and a very early mc, but it seems doubtful (though possible) that I would have then become pg with DS the next month.

It's all anecdotal, so not much help for figuring out what's going on, but I figured I'd share since when I'm in situations like this I want to know all the info -- anecdotal or not :-). Stinks that your cycle was so long before -- you'd probably be way too early to test. If it's driving you nuts, might as well, though!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Summer - forgive the TMI but how heavy is the bleeding?  My stories aren't going to help either because I'm all over the place but my cycles have been anywhere from 40-60+ days since coming off the pill in July.  Some months I've had breakthrough bleeding, some cycles it was very light and others it almost looked like AF was starting but would only last a day or two.  I also had heavy bleeding start 2 days after my positive OPK which ended up being my pregnancy and eventual mc at the beginning of the month.  When I got pg with DS I had the same scenario, positive OPK, 2 days later bleeding, solid bleeding for first 13 weeks of my pregnancy.   So basically that's a long story to say I have no clue what's going on and for that I'm sorry :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to clc51510's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Summer - forgive the TMI but how heavy is the bleeding?  My stories aren't going to help either because I'm all over the place but my cycles have been anywhere from 40-60+ days since coming off the pill in July.  Some months I've had breakthrough bleeding, some cycles it was very light and others it almost looked like AF was starting but would only last a day or two.  I also had heavy bleeding start 2 days after my positive OPK which ended up being my pregnancy and eventual mc at the beginning of the month.  When I got pg with DS I had the same scenario, positive OPK, 2 days later bleeding, solid bleeding for first 13 weeks of my pregnancy.   So basically that's a long story to say I have no clue what's going on and for that I'm sorry :)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks CLC and Arcain! It's not heavy but also just started today, so still light but more than just spotting. I'm assuming it's just my next cycle.

Arcain, I've been on BCP since I was 15 for PCOS, so I have no clue what my cycles will be like. With my DD I was only off for 1-2 months before I got PG. It'll be a waiting game, I guess!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Summer it took 3 months off BFP  for  my cycles to become more predictable.  Hopefully yours will regulate soon!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Summer - My cycles were pretty regular right after I stopped BC.  I guess everyone is different.  So hard to tell!

Acrain - GL with your jounrey!

My sister MC yesterday at 10 weeks.  She went for 8 week ultra sound and heard the heartbeat.  They did tell her her sack looked a little small and scheduled another ultra sound for today.  But she started bleeding yesterday and went to the doctor and they confirmed it. She has to have a DNC, hopefully later this week. I feel so bad for her. She was an emotional mess yesterday. And I do not know what to say to comfort her.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Pugs I'm so sorry to hear that.  I think all you need to say is that you're there for her and thinking about her.  That's really all she wants to hear.  Also, check in on her over the next few days and weeks.  The feeling of loss seems to come in waves and she might be feeling okay in a day or two and then a few days later be a mess all over again.  That's how it's been for me at least.  I can only imagine having heard the heartbeat and everything that it would be so much worse.  I'll be thinking of her.

Sections
Shortcuts