January TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

January TTC

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a great year of exciting surprises and more BFPs! AFM, it's my first month off BC so I'm not expecting anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January TTC

Many a baby has been conceived by accidently missing one BC pill.

GL to everyone in 2012!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Hope everyone had a great holiday and is enjoying 2012 so far!

After o'ing a week early, right before Christmas, I decided to test out my internet cheapie hpt's on New Year's Day and got a really faint line. It was definitely darker this morning. It's still super early and after last time I'm not getting my hopes up and testing with a FRER until AF is officially late. Normally that would be around 1/12 but I think with the early O, it would be closer to this Thursday. Does that sound right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, cici, a faint positive is a BFP (especially followed by a darker one days later)!  Congratulations!  Yes, it's very early, but a line is a line.  Sticky thoughts and prayers to you!!!!  What a way to start 2012. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Keeping fingers crossed Cici!  AF played a little trick being 2 days late this month.  Of course having me waste two FRERs.  Oh well... I've got an appt with an OB next Monday for my annual pap and to chat about next steps.  Going into month 6 of ttc #2 and 37 yrs old.  So don't want to wait too long to determine if any additional help may be needed.  DS took 6 months... so who knows.. maybe that's our magic number.  Although, if this month works... their birthdays would be days apart.  Not sure I want that as I hated sharing all my birthday parties with my step-brother; our birthdays are only 3 weeks apart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My 28 - 34 day cycles stretched to 40+ days 2 months in a row - do you KNOW how many tests I wasted???  Don't feel too bad about 2!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, cici! Sending sticky vibes into the universe! Recently I read an article (I think on Slate) about how the most common birthdate is Sept. 16 and most babies are conceived during the week between Christmas and New Year's. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!
    IPW- good luck this cycle and at the doctor's next week! Hoping for a lucky #6.

WPP - that is so funny. I think this time was actually a few days before Christmas but my nephew is the result of NYE! The weird thing about the timing of all this is that my cycles tend to be on the longer side and as far as I can remember I have NEVER had a short cycle. This time I o'd a week early on what would've been my dad's birthday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats on your faint line Cici! Sending some sticky thoughts your way!

I wasted some tests and a trip to the doctor's on a 37 day cycle this month. Stupid holiday stress!

Good luck to everyone else! :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

By the time you're a week late it would be highly improbable to be pregnant and not get a positive home pregnancy test.  No need to run straight to the doctor even if you are quite late for AF if you haven't gotten a BFP first.

ETA: I mention it only to save who knows how many trips to the doctor.  If AF is late due to pregnancy, you'll get a BFP soon enough even if it feels like forever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope 2012 brings you all good luck, good health, and sticky BFPs!

Congrats on the positive POAS Cici!  

Good luck with your month 6 IPW and the dr appt.

ML - Good luck to you on the 9th!  I hope your doctor appointment goes well.  I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes!!  I also have my pre-conception appointment that day at BWH to assess my high-risk status for a future pregnancy.  Let's hope 2012 is a year of good fortune for all of us!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

ipw - hoping for the best for you!  keep us posted.

(obvi hoping for the best for ALL of you!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

In Response to Re: January TTC:
    By the time you're a week late it would be highly improbable to be pregnant and not get a positive home pregnancy test.  No need to run straight to the doctor even if you are quite late for AF if you haven't gotten a BFP first. ETA: I mention it only to save who knows how many trips to the doctor.  If AF is late due to pregnancy, you'll get a BFP soon enough even if it feels like forever.
    Posted by kargiver

Thanks Kar! By that point, I really didn't think I was pregnant. I was having some general stomach queasiness and I was actually more worried that I had a kidney infection. Of course, I get to the walk-in clinic, explain my symptoms and the doctor immediately jumped to "You're a week late and nauseous, you must be pregnant." I told him he was welcome to test but I didn't think it was likely (you know, after my at home ones were negative). Tests were negative and he told me it was all stress. If I had known that, I could have just stayed home. I could have saved myself the stess of being at the walk-in clinic! :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, that makes sense - sorry you weren't feeling well over the holidays and had to deal with the walk-in.  It's quite a zoo especially at that time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Congrats cici!   I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck IPW--hope your appt goes well!

Hope you feel better chiclet!

I went and saw a dermatologist today bc my skin has been a total and complete wreck since going off BCPs last spring.  She gave me a prescription but then told me to call my OB before I fill it. She also didn't seem to think it would really help very much, and told me to come back to her after I have a baby.  So evidently having decent looking skin is also on hold until further notice.  

My PCP prescribed something for my skin as well, but it's not really working.  I'm thinking that given the low probability of benefit and small but uncertain risk of harm maybe I should just give up on having reasonable skin indefinitely. (None of these meds have been rigorously tested on pregnant women.  I went to the derm bc my PCP recommended it and in case there was a safe or obvious solution I had been missing, but evidently there is not.) I'm not big into makeup but I feel like I can't leave my house without it these days.  It's frustrating.

Other than that, I'm playing the waiting game for another week and change. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Try Bare Escentuals bareMinerals, siena - it's 100% just crushed minerals, goes on as a powder with a soft brush and gives light to full coverage depending on how much you dust on.  You can't feel it, it's naturally SPF 15, it doesn't dry or look like a powder once it's on your skin, and it doesn't clog your pores.  It's all I've used for the last 10 years.  It's expensive, but you don't use much at a time so it lasts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thank you! I usually get some kind of post-holiday illness. It's usually a cold or sinus-infection. This year, my body decided to switch it up with a stomach thing. Lucky me... I still feel a little unsettled, but I'm trying to keep a normal diet and hope for the best.

Siena, I used the Tea Tree line from The Body Shop when my skin went crazy after I went off the pill in college. It completely changed my face. I used the foaming facial cleanser and the moisturizer. It doesn't have acid or anything in it so I imagine that it's safe for pregnant women to use. I swear by The Body Shop. If you go to the store, you might be able to get a small free sample to try before you commit. They're usually pretty good about that stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Chiclet, sorry about your long cycle. I hope you start feeling better soon!

Siena, I had issues with my skin for a while too. I think the main thing that helped was that I started washing my face less and using less products in general. I use the Clarisonic brush and Philosophy's Purity wash at night and just rinse my face with water in the morning. I also make sure to use a primer every single day, even when I'm not wearing makeup. I think it helps to keep dirt out of the pores. I like Laura Mercier when it's a little dry and actually use Monistat Chafing gel the rest of the time (it's weird but the same exact ingredients as really expensive primer!) Also a good moisturizer is important. The only problem is that it takes time to see results and sometimes your skin will get worse before it gets better as it's getting rid of all the junk. Good luck, I hope things start to improve!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsBride. Show BsBride's posts

Wow, I have three close family members with a Sept. 16 birthday, that's funny.

Congrats, cici! Sending sticky vibes into the universe! Recently I read an article (I think on Slate) about how the most common birthdate is Sept. 16 and most babies are conceived during the week between Christmas and New Year's. :)
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Kar--yes I love mineral makeup, and it is my go-to foundation.  I actually can't use the Bare Escentuals line because it contains bismuth oxychloride which makes me break out with more acne. But I buy Everyday Minerals online which is a very similar product except it omits the bismuth.  It's also cheaper and comes in more colors, so I consider it win-win.  (If anyone is curious, you can order free samples of their foundations here: http://www.everydayminerals.com/store/productkit/wizard/free/)

I haven't tried the Body Shop or Theory lines.  I've been using Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean soap for a few months now which is also a tea tree oil product, without any apparent results.  My skin is stubborn though.  I omit moisturizer from my routine in the summer, but maybe I should add it back in now.  The air in our house actually tends towards humid in the Winter though because the construction is very tight (no drafts), so I haven't noticed any dry skin.

Maybe I'll try the Theory stuff.  I've heard good things about their product line--it's just kind of an investment!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

This time I o'd a week early on what would've been my dad's birthday. Posted by cicirose

Cici, it's kind of like things came full circle for you.  Pretty amazing! (thank you pregnancy hormones I'm now tearing up)  Sending you lots of sticky thoughts in the upcoming weeks. Congratulations!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Got some exciting news from the eye doctor today! Looks like I won't need any more surgery! I think we're going to officially try for this cycle! We're actually going to be away for DH's birthday right around O time, so here's hoping for some vacation magic!

I'm so excited I nearly hugged my doctor!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

That's awesome chiclet, good luck with everything! Are you trying for your first?

I think I'm in the 2ww. The last time I went off BC (the patch) it took 60 days for my period to return, though. I'm almost hoping for AF because then at least I'd know things are back on track!

I've also had this weird pre-cold for about a month. It's like I'm starting to get sick but never get there. I think it may be allergies but I don't know what I'm allergic to. It's strange; I grew up in the country and never had allergies but began developing spring allergies afer moving to Boston!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Thank you. We are trying for our first. We've been married for about a year and a half, both turned 30 last year and just bought a 3 bedroom house. I've been off BC since the spring.

Good luck in your 2ww! Could you have developed a dust allergy? I hope you start feeling better soon!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, Chicklet, good luck!

WPP, I get that pre-cold sore throat, etc. and never get one, too - I think you're right, it's allergies.  We have a wood stove, and I'm allergic to the smoke.  thankfully, it doesn't puff into the house often, but when it does, it does that to me.

Sections
Shortcuts