January TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Re: January TTC

Siena- I feel you on the chart. I'm on month 4 of temping. My temp just went down today and I am 11DPO so I am hoping to see those temps rise and not fall at this point! AF is due Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed that it's a fluke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Siena and other temp-takers, you might already be using this, but I found Fertility Friend (www.fertilityfriend.com) to be somewhat useful when I was temping. You can sign up for a free basic account, and it enables you to track your temps and other symptoms. I can't remember if you have to upgrade to get this, but the site also has software that predicts your most fertile days based on your entries. Due to my ovulation issues, my temps were always pretty wacky, but it helped me to have a place to log everything and have a record of past cycles for reference purposes.

Wishing everyone lots of luck (and Year of the Dragon babies!).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Fingers crossed for you MissWolff!  I think it is too early to interpret a 1-day temperature drop, so I'm holding out hope for you.

Tangerine--yup, I'm using FF as well, and I do like the website and agree with your recommendation.  I'm still on the free trial of the VIP service, but I think you would otherwise have to pay for that fertility predictor. I'm not too concerned about the downgrade to the "regular" service though, because I think I understand how it is coming up with its recommendations.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Take heart, my temp rose and fell in what seemed like total randomness.  I took it at the same time every morning before I got out of bed, and I used a decent thermometer.  I dunno what went wrong, but I gave up after a few months.  'Course, I'd love to finish that thought with, "...and then I got pregnant," but oh, well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tracking your temps can be a great tool but a curse as well. Waking up every morning after you OV-ed and hoping that your temperature stays up can be a torture.  You have to record at least 3 cycles before you can see a pattern and it’s different for every women.  So, try not to compare your pattern to others.  For the sake of you’re sanity, I recommend only tracking for 3 to 6 cycles.  By then you should come to know your body and the signals it’s giving you.  I hope for all of you a short TTC journey!

For those of you how have smart phones, I recommend using an app like “menstrual calendar” it tacks every thing that relates to TTC. 

AFM, AF arrived last Thursday and I’m starting my journey towards my 1st IVF treatment.  I’m still waiting to hear about the upcoming schedule for the meds, US and blood.  Hopefully, they will give me a call tomorrow so I can finally get in with the plan for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Tomarra, good luck with IVF. How long does it take with an IVF treatment to know if it's successful? Good luck, Miss Wolff! Siena, I hope tracking gets easier for you. I did some practice tracking before TTC and found it difficult to take my temp at the same time every day. I'm on CD39 after coming off BC. I'm going to my doc next week just to talk about TTC in general to see if some past medical issues will affect anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks all!  Up 0.1 today...3 days to go!  I really like charting/temping because it feels like a science project and I guess I miss HS lab classes. But my cycles are pretty much textbook so they are also easy to read and predictable, so not too much frustration there.

I've been using tcoyf.com's charts and they are very easy to use (there is a free version).

Tomarra- Best wishes on your IVF journey!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

I think AF is here! Bah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

that sucks...sorry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Sorry MissWolff.  AF is a witch.

WPP--hope your appt goes well.

tomarra--sending you lots of good vibes for your IVF cycle!!!  

AFM: I think I got my first + OPK.  The test was almost as dark as the control line, and much darker than any of the previous days.  I'll test again tomorrow to see if it gets exactly as dark, but if it begins a fadeout I'll consider this the surge.  I'm on CD14 of what is usually a 25-26 day cycle.  Guess I have a short-ish LP, (or else this will be a longer-than-usual cycle for me). I'm liking my chart better today--finally something to write down that seems objectively meaningful.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Sorry MissWolff! Wine and sushi for dinner?

Siena - Looks like you have a fun few days ahead of you!

Tom - Good luck getting this IVF schedule figured out!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling a little better. Just really anxious to see if AF comes on Monday!

IPW - How are you holding up? I think we're just about on the same schedule?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Bummer Wolff. Sorry she reared her ugly head. Siena, I learned this cycle they may not fade. I think the LH surge can stay in your system more than a day. I had what I thought was the surge day 13 (morning test) and day 14 (morning test) looked exactly the same. I think others have said once you see the dark line, count that as your surge and get busy :-). Good luck!! Chicklet, thanks for asking. Yes, we are one day apart. Day 28 is next tues for me. This 6 months of ttc have had 27-30 day averages. However, I also happen to be on the same exact cycle from 2 years ago when I got PG with my son. My AF was on Jan 5 and bfp was Jan 28th. This month AF was Jan 3rd. We'll see...how weird would that be!?!? Good luck for some October babies!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Absolutely great advice, tomarra, only temp for 6 months.  That's as long as it will take to see if you have a regular pattern of what day in your cycle you ovulate and you can count on it from then on or that you don't have a regular pattern and temping is useless.  Either way, at that point you won't have to do it anymore.  

After 3 months it was clear that my ovulation day was random.  And, the OPK strips ended up proving that out quite clearly.  To have kept temping would have been a complete waste of my energy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Well no luck this month, AF showed today after being a day late than normal and giving me some false hope.

I've started temping to just give me a sense of my cycle this month, and found it helpful to at least know I ovulated.  It was also helpful in warning me this morning that AF would arrive today.  I'll probably keep it up a couple more months since I don't find it too annoying, but I think that's good advice to not drive myself crazy by temping everyday over a long time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Sorry SS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

That stinks SS! Frown

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks, I knew it was unlikely to happen so quickly, but couldn't help hoping.  Guess there's always next month....

Except I'm a little worried that I might miss my window this month.  I have to travel for a full week for work right before I would expect the right timing to be so fingers crossed I don't ovulate even a day earlier than normal this month.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have sex as close to when you leave as possible; sperm can live up to 5 days so you could conceive even if you "miss your window."  GL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Sorry, SS! Just remember that sometimes travel can mess with or delay ovulation. It could happen once you get home and relax a little. I hope this is your month!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

SS I am in the same boat with my hubby this month coming up, except he's doing the traveling...we're just going to do our best to cover the bases right before he leaves and right when he gets back. Don't stress about not getting it right on the 'The Day' since your chances are still there! (see Kar's comments)

We were laughing about this though...seriously how does anyone every get pregnant accidentially? I think I was brainwashed my whole life that if you weren't on BC you would be pregnant immediately!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

The month we conceived, I was all worried because I was going away that weekend... Turned out that I O'ed earlier than I thought and DD was conceived on Tues or Wed before I left.  Good luck to those of you traveling!!

Seriously MissWolf - A friend just got pregnant for the second time IMMEDIATELY after going off the pill.  They weren't even officially trying yet.  Happened the same way both times.  She doesn't even know when O occurs or anything - pure luck!  I hope she knows how lucky she is!  (I feel like I should clarify that I am not TTC... but I did.. and hopefully will again someday!)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Haha--MissWolff I kind of agree. Seems like after spending all those years trying to prevent pregnancy, we get tricked into thinking the process of getting pregnant is simpler.  

And I hear you on the travel SSBride.  I've traveled for work every month for the past 4 months, and I think it did interfere with our timing on a couple of those occasions.  Combine it with the fact that DH works a night shift a few times a week, and the mere scheduling can be embarrasingly complicated... But definitely give it a go anyway bc you never know how exactly the cycle will turn out. :)

AFM, I got a truly positive OPK yesterday (test line darker than control), so now I'm waiting for the temp rise to confirm. Temp went up by .08 from the coverline today which doesn't seem like that big a rise.  I'm hoping for something more unambiguous over the next few days.  I know you can't really interpret one data point on these charts, but that doesn't stop me from staring at mine and wondering. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

MissWolff - You hit the nail on the head! I have six nieces and only two were planned! Here we are temping and charting and predicting when women are getting pregnant accidently every day! 

Siena, congrats on the positive OPK! Enjoy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

MW, you're totally right.  We are so conditioned to think that bc prevents inevitable pregnancy that it can be a shocking realization that it isn't necessarily so automatic.  DH thought that we'd get pregnant on our honeymoon.  And, I think his "brain washing" by his parents, "Don't have sex or you'll get the girl pregnant," really compounded his disappointment in TTC for 3+ years with no baby.  He just assumed it would happen because we were trying.  Of course, he knew about couples who couldn't conceive, but he's definitlely one of those people who can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that we are other people's "other people."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Seriously, I have one friend who got pregnant in the second month of trying and another who had two years and a blocked ovary of trying (both in their 20s). Sometimes it seems like such a crapshoot. Sorry for the unwelcome AFs. :(

Sections
Shortcuts