July 2013 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

July 2013 TTC

I realized we didn't start a new post yet this month so I thought I would start if off with good news...I got a BFP!!!  So happy, though trying to not get too excited since I am not out of the woods yet.  The dr told me there is 50% miscarriage rate with IVF so I won't feel comfortable for awhile yet.  Looking forward to the blood tests next week to confirm!

Happy Independence Day everyone!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: July 2013 TTC

Wow!!!  Great news, wed, congrats!! 50% chance of a baby is better than the 0% of a BFN. :)  Hoping for the best!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Congrats, wedoct!!  That's wonderful news! I love it when people have such happy news to start a new month.

I'm due for egg retrieval sometime in the next three days - possibly as early as Sunday depending on the test results from today. Feeling gross from all the drugs and the heat, but hopefully this is the month this time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Wed - Yay, congrats.  I just logged on and said to myself that I had to go to TTC first to check to see if you had any luck.  Keeping fingers crossed for you that in a few short weeks you'll get a good ultrasound with sticky little bean(s) in there!

KMMZ - thinking great thoughts for you too.  Good luck with retrieval this wknd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrats weddoc!  Here to uneventfull and  heathly pregancy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Thanks everyone!  

KMMZ, good luck with your retrieval!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

Great news Wed!  Good luck KMMZ, I hope it went well this weekend.

On a personal note, now that I've completed my surgery (though still recovering as I had a lot things removed and altered as the mass really messed with many organs/systems in my abdomen), but found that the mass was benign (yay)...I'm really eager to start the TTC journey.  It's quite interesting how life changes can suddenly put things in perspective.  

Thanks to everyone who wished me well back in April/May - I haven't been on much because I was first recovering then catching up on everything, but thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Glad everything turned out ok, Fakin! 

Just got the call, HCG levels were at 535 which the nurse said was a good number.  On the same day 17 with DD it was over 2100, so I am not sure what to think.  We will see what the next beta brings on Wednesday!  We will be out of town, so hopefully everything goes smoothly at the out of town lab, I don't want to spend my whole day there!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fakin, good news you're on the mend after a big, scary detour.  What a relief to have it benign.  Best wishes as the ttc journey gets back on track.

wed, congrats on the "still pg" number.  hCG doesn't always increase on the same graph, but if you had lost the pg the number would be way under that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Good luck with the rising betas Wed, hope things keep progressing nicely.  Fakin, glad to hear you're doing better.

After what has felt like forever, our donor had her retrieval today and there are 19 eggs. Praying for one good one in the bunch- that's all we need!  After so many failed attempts, I'm not nearly as excited but that might be a good thing. Hopefully we continue to get good news over the next few days.  Fingers crossed for some other BFPs on here this month!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Got the call today. 8 of 19 fertilized, transfer tomorrow.

Has anyone here had hyperstimulation? One of the key symptoms is rapid weight gain - 2 lbs in more than a day. I gained 2 lbs overnight and I'm still bloated as all get out, but I don't have any sort of massive pain, other than just discomfort from the bloat - and I had that all weekend. If you did have it, how long did it last and how did they treat you? I think they're going to do an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure they can do the transplant or whether or not they wait a month.

It's so hard to tell sometimes with all these hormones shooting around what the deal is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tc, 19 sounds like a lot!

KMMZ, 8 - wow, how many will they implant?  I wonder if the bloating follows a PMS curve - I gain 2 lbs overnight the night before my period and then stay bloated until 2 or 3 days after.  Not that that helps you, per se, but I can't imagine it would last much longer than a week.  Flush with lots of water and avoid salt and refined "white" food.

best wishes to you both!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Thanks! I weighed myself again the next morning and was back to my normal weight so maybe it was just heat bloat. This weather is brutal.

They had to cancel the transfer as 7 of the embryos died and the one remaining didn't meet implantation criteria. Not going to lie, it was a really hard day. The dr who called to me was incredibly sympathetic and kind and I could tell she felt badly. So rough day. Here's hoping today is better. We're scheduling a follow up with our RE to find out what went wrong and to see where we go from here. I may take a cycle off and give myself some space. We're taking DS on vacation at the end of August up to Storyland and I so want to enjoy the experience, not worrying about blood tests and injections and all of that other fun stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

Oh, KMMZ, I'm so sorry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Sorry for loss KMM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry KMMZ.  Hopefully the doctor can give you the answers that you need and perhaps adjust your next procedure accordingly.  I hope you're able to enjoy your vacation next month!!

Congrats to Wed.  Hope those numbers continue to go up!

Our TTC for #2 is on hold.  I'm applying for STD and need approval before getting pg for my maternity leave to be covered.  The process is taking a really long time, I've been "under review" for a month now!  Hopefully approval comes through very shortly because we want to get this journey started.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

My RE has scheduled me for genetic testing and all sorts of other blood work. She says losing that many embryos in two cycles concerned her. So there may be a problem with my eggs. If that's the case, DH and I have some decisions to make. I'm not sure I want to use a donor egg, so it may just be that we stop here. And if that's the case, I'll have to find my peace with it. Thank god for therapy.

Hopefully you get word soon, clc. Did you apply to more than one company or is this something you got through work?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks!  It's offered through work, they pay 50% of the cost.  Hopefully I'll have an answer soon.  I would love to not start a new pill pack when this one is done next week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KMMZ, so sorry you are facing your difficult loss and what it means for your future ttc.  Best wishes and hugs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

So sorry you're going through such a difficult time, KMMZ. I hope your doctors can figure out what's wrong and have a good solution for you. 

clc, what's STD stand for? All I can think of is save-the-dates, lol (and the other thing...ruled that out based on context clues). 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Short term disability

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

I'm so sorry KMMZ, that's so disappointing. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong- maybe it's something they can correct.  I don't know if it helps to hear or not but our 23 year old donor had 19 eggs, 18 fertilized, we transferred 1 but only 5 made it to freeze.  So even a healthy 23-year old had a lot of embryos that didn't survive (though I suppose DH's 40-something sperm might have played a role there). In any case, good luck with however you decide to proceed, it's such an emotional rollercoaster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VBAC2010. Show VBAC2010's posts

As for IVF - what are people's experiences with Reproductive Science Center vs. Boston IVF?

Thanks in advance!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Thanks for all the warm thoughts. You have no idea how much it means!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

VBAC, I've been very happy with Boston IVF.  I started out at RSC but saw a doctor there named Digirolamo who was just miserable- she told me I'd never be able to have my own child but that we should use an egg donor and it would be almost as if the baby were mine. This was said with the same amount of concern as someone saying we don't carry Coke, will Pepsi do? We bolted after that and even though the news was the same at BIVF, it was a very different experience.

I go for my beta on Monday but may try a home test tomorrow. I had a terrible headache that lasted from Tuesday thru yesterday. Anyone else have a headache as an early pg symptom?  

Sections
Shortcuts